Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: jza80 + plasma cutter + sleep deprived fabricator = 56k warning!!!

Toymods Pimp Chief Engine Builder Norbie's Avatar

Default Re: jza80 + plasma cutter + sleep deprived fabricator = 56k warning!!!

Stock 1GZ torque curve is very flat thanks to VVTi and manifold design. My 2 tonne Century lopes along at 2000rpm most of the time and has plenty of pick-up. Adding turbochargers to the equation will only improve the situation.

Remember a 500rwkw 1GZ is equivalent to a 300rwkw 2JZ, which is a very responsive engine. The only problem likely to be encountered is getting all that torque to the ground without vapourising the tyres.

The Supreme Backyard Mechanic

345/35/19 will help..... ferrari enzo tyres might also help a little...... correct rear camber setup will definately help....

all that and i'm sure at that power, it'll still light up easily....

Toymods Pimp Chief Engine Builder Norbie's Avatar

Yep, I'd put money on you running a 12 at eleventy billion MPH like all the other big power Supras out there.

Party Animal Supreme Too Much Toyota MR 1JZ's Avatar

tan how close is the wheel fitment once you have got the guards on? are they sunken?
    Project Soarer II - Sold
    Evo 5 - The silver fruitbox
    "I'm the man who has the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than f**k. So that is why i am better than everyone in the world. Kiss my ass and suck my dick... everyone."

only just... i have a mind to either buy new ones in the same size, but 1inch more +ve offset to bring it in, or just have new inners and outers rolled to suit.....

they're 3 piece light weights... though at that size, the tyre is all the weight....

EDIT: the reason i'd go through the trouble of making new rims is because this design is no longer in production.... pretty rare.... Weds Sports Shoki. centre cap has a picture of a demon samurai.

Party Animal Supreme Too Much Toyota MR 1JZ's Avatar

thats awesome....I would have thought with such big guards they would swallow them...good to hear that isnt the case!
    Project Soarer II - Sold
    Evo 5 - The silver fruitbox
    "I'm the man who has the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than f**k. So that is why i am better than everyone in the world. Kiss my ass and suck my dick... everyone."

30DET... The only way. Carport Converter Kyosho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Norbie
    Stock 1GZ torque curve is very flat thanks to VVTi and manifold design. My 2 tonne Century lopes along at 2000rpm most of the time and has plenty of pick-up. Adding turbochargers to the equation will only improve the situation.

Remember a 500rwkw 1GZ is equivalent to a 300rwkw 2JZ, which is a very responsive engine. The only problem likely to be encountered is getting all that torque to the ground without vapourising the tyres.
    Now that's what I like to hear...

Game on...
    My Dead Supra...
    Quote Originally Posted by ReQuieM in the A70 Thread
    There is some serious talent in this thread for linking anything to fuckin gay sex. Its extraordinary.

Question guys, how much room do you manage to have under the hood engine wise?
    Width, height, length in the bay to fit a motor?
    My Dead Supra...
    There is some serious talent in this thread for linking anything to fuckin gay sex. Its extraordinary.

width is pretty sweet... heaps of room either side. Length is similar to the factory motor, so pretty sweet also... height WAS my only concern, but nor that we're going dry sump, it's all gonna be sweet assuming the new intake and plenum doesn't get out of hand.

how much is Too Much Toyota JustenGT8's Avatar

Redefines wide
    Lily Simpson 6.7.2010
    R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by 5000gt
    width is pretty sweet... heaps of room either side. Length is similar to the factory motor, so pretty sweet also... height WAS my only concern, but nor that we're going dry sump, it's all gonna be sweet assuming the new intake and plenum doesn't get out of hand.
    Got any dimensions of the actual engine bay itself?
    My Dead Supra...

nothing here or in my head... can measure it up next time i'm at the shop....

why so many questions? interested in an a80?

Quote Originally Posted by 5000gt
    nothing here or in my head... can measure it up next time i'm at the shop....

why so many questions? interested in an a80?
    New project I'm looking at...
    Initial car may not be as easy as first thought after some measurements (IE, engine bay around 100 - 150mm too low...
    I was originally looking at A70, and I've been told the A80 has a bigger bay...
    My Dead Supra...

Forum Sponsor Conversion King

Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8
    Redefines wide
    the rear guards or the engine? the engine is narrow as with plenty of room to the rails.

should be easy to fit turbos at the back of the bay

cheers
    linden
    Quote Originally Posted by WHITCHY
    Prefer someone around the Sydney area but will travel a few hours for a good box!

how much is Too Much Toyota JustenGT8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Roadrunner
    the rear guards or the engine? the engine is narrow as with plenty of room to the rails.

should be easy to fit turbos at the back of the bay

cheers
    linden
    The guards

well familiar with a GZ having been up close and personal a coupla times, like the UZ they look small with all the ancillaries off but rapidly fill up available space once you add all the bits to make them run
    Lily Simpson 6.7.2010
    R.I.P.