Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: jza80 + plasma cutter + sleep deprived fabricator = 56k warning!!!

The Supreme Backyard Mechanic

Default Re: jza80 + plasma cutter + sleep deprived fabricator = 56k warning!!!

unfortunately not much has happened in awhile.... everyone's been busy.... but hoping to get the ball rolling again in the new year.

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by mark_vdh
    any updates?
    Yeah its fitting in well with all the other dusty cars at Lindens worksh.. cough storage shop

Forum Sponsor Conversion King

Shuddup you.

Got bits and peices, just need to fit them to the car. should get alot more done on it after xmas.

Cheers
    Linden
    Quote Originally Posted by WHITCHY
    Prefer someone around the Sydney area but will travel a few hours for a good box!

Hardly a Domestic Engineer Sciflyer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kyosho
    Peak torque, is nothing to go by.
    I want to know the whole torque curver.
    Which was described above.

I've seen engines making HUGE amounts of torque, but it's so peaky, it's useless for making anything go except on a drag track.

Peak ratings mean SFA.

Toymods Pimp Chief Engine Builder Norbie's Avatar

That graph shows the artificially low RPM limit imposed on the 1GZ (approx 5750 according to the shitty digital tacho in the Century). Considering the fairly short-stroke crank they should be able to spin up to at least 7000 without encountering dangerous piston velocity? I can't wait to see what happens when someone gets a 1GZ running with aftermarket management and basic breathing mods.

Forum Sponsor Conversion King

does yours drop the tourque off like that above 4500rpm? that may be what the restricted manfold is for, probly takes a shitload of grunt out.

convenient that the graph only shows 208kw to, its probly more like 230 or so.

the only reason i wouldn't spin one to seven in stock trim is the rods, they are seriously small. they make blacktop 20v rods look like those found in a top fueler.

cheers
    linden

PS tan, wheres the pics of the clutch and flywheel?
    Quote Originally Posted by WHITCHY
    Prefer someone around the Sydney area but will travel a few hours for a good box!

Toymods Pimp Chief Engine Builder Norbie's Avatar

I can't for the life of me find the dyno graph, but my Century put down 245rwhp at a dyno day last year. I'm sure that's more than 280ps at the flywheel, especially considering it's auto.

busy adding lightness Too Much Toyota MR22ZZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Norbie
    That graph shows the artificially low RPM limit imposed on the 1GZ (approx 5750 according to the shitty digital tacho in the Century). Considering the fairly short-stroke crank they should be able to spin up to at least 7000 without encountering dangerous piston velocity? I can't wait to see what happens when someone gets a 1GZ running with aftermarket management and basic breathing mods.
    well since yours in already bolted in and running that puts you at a fairly big headstart on everyone else...
    Past Toyotas - Snow White (TA23), Blue Stivo (ZZE123)
    Current Toyotas - Hamster (AW11)
    Quote Originally Posted by X kyle X View Post
    the aw11 is rougher and more angular so it's sex Appel is more that of Sylvester stalone rather then brad pitt

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

Got the NA headers sussed out yet?
    Subscribed, more pics be good.

The Supreme Backyard Mechanic

So i'm starting up another business... really don't want to but if i can be tempted with a good offer, i may sell the engine and various collected parts....

again, this isn't definate....in my mind it is far from it.... but if tempted enough....

Please, no unrealistic offers.

advocate for the oldies Carport Converter ian's Avatar

how is this project going
    ian
    nostalgia is not what it used to be: