Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: jza80 + plasma cutter + sleep deprived fabricator = 56k warning!!!

30DET... The only way. Carport Converter Kyosho's Avatar

Default Re: jza80 + plasma cutter + sleep deprived fabricator = 56k warning!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cambelt1
    So what if its greasy, with all the fab work it will get much worse.
    Im sure it will be clean in the end.
    Dave
    It wasn't about it being greasy, the comment Linden made back was about it being dirty.
    The motor (Like many others) just doesn't look "priddy"
    That is all.

But know Linden's crafty work, it'll all look top notch, and probably be hidden under some 3D picture to make it look like an NA 2JZ...
    My Dead Supra...
    Quote Originally Posted by ReQuieM in the A70 Thread
    There is some serious talent in this thread for linking anything to fuckin gay sex. Its extraordinary.

Junior Member Too Much Toyota oldcorollas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kyosho
    Edit: Also, what sort of torque curve are you expecting from this?

I know it's a V12, but it's pretty small at 5L... (I'm just comparing against the current V8s around here) so my mind is saying it either has really small stroke to rev hard, or most likely, to make it a nicely sized motor, it has a longer stroke, but smaller bore... So going long stroke = more torque, but smaller bore = less torque...
    just on that, bore vs storke does not make a massive difference in torque.
    a good 5L will make 500Nm NA. turbo, multiply by the absolute pressure in atm and thats abotu the torque it could make,
    what rpm depends on cams and everything else.
    "I'm a Teaspoon, not a mechanic"
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

The Supreme Backyard Mechanic

when i first got it, it was the cleanest import engine i'd received to date (and i have had many an imported engine, some rare gems too)....

Will get the usual mag wheel cleaner and brush treatment when done.... should be nice and shiney then.... but that's a LONG way off.... 500Nm off idle would be sweet for off boost cruising... anything more is a bonus....

Cheers.

Tan.

Lord of InterpretiveDance Chief Engine Builder tomvale13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5000gt
    500Nm off idle would be sweet for off boost cruising... anything more and I get a boner

Cheers.

Tan.
    fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzo View Post
    They cash in the empty can of whoopass they received in SA and receive 10c's per punch...
    They have to accrew enough for nose reconstructions as well as feeding his mime family. The dont talk much so they never need much water for their dry mouths.

is a semi-motivated Domestic Engineer 1JZ~lux's Avatar

Not enough pic's!

Subscribed.
    Petrol is for washing parts, alcohol's for drinking but NITRO IS FOR RACING!
    My pictures, Returning some time in the distant future.
    RN85 Hilux + 1JZ-GTE = 298.0HP @ 14PSI -- 60' 1.956 ET 13.775 MPH 99.49
    Project Korruption - Stage 1: The Resto. KE35 Corolla Hardtop daily driver

how much is Too Much Toyota JustenGT8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Roadrunner
    the only thng that i could potentialy see being an issue with the average conversion is the thermostat housing position. other than that i cant see any major headaches occuring.
    now to find one (at the right price).....actually, need a VVTi UZ block 1st
    Lily Simpson 6.7.2010
    R.I.P.

Forum Sponsor Conversion King

Quote Originally Posted by JustenGT8
    need a VVTi UZ block 1st
    ed may now have a spare
    Quote Originally Posted by WHITCHY
    Prefer someone around the Sydney area but will travel a few hours for a good box!

how much is Too Much Toyota JustenGT8's Avatar

Yeah, have to see what Sunday reveals 1st i guess

Too much scorage and no good to me...resleeving would be cost me as much as a complete engine.
    Lily Simpson 6.7.2010
    R.I.P.

was thinking today if even another 20thou overbore would be possible on this block.
    nuff said though, we'll wait to sun and have a look
    also will dictate if i get to go down the path to build v2.01 or v1.02
    ../delete/ban
    tech moderator
    E46 M3 Nürburgring Nordschleife - 8.38

Toymods Pimp Chief Engine Builder Norbie's Avatar

Iron block FTW? More cubes are always good for a NA build.

perhaps
    ../delete/ban
    tech moderator
    E46 M3 Nürburgring Nordschleife - 8.38

Nay sayer Domestic Engineer Mr Ed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kyosho
    As for outright power, once I would have gone " oh wow, 500RWKW" but, that could mean 800newton metres at 4000RPM for example, or 400newton metres at 8000RPM...

I'd rather the earlier... Hence why I was questioning torque mainly... As so many cars have awesome peak power, but shit torque curves and there power is all in the revs... (Which, is what mine is basically setup like... Power comes in around 4000 - 4500RPM and once tuned will peak rev at around 7000RPM) so mashing it down low results in a century going by before I actually start to move...
    Well considering its quoted at making 481Nm at 4000rpm STOCK (ie. inc stock exhaust, intake, computer,...) Id say with an opened up inlet, exhaust, more agressive tune and 2 medium sized turbos hanging off the side of it...its a pretty safe bet that torque is not going to be a problem.
    I used to eat alot of natural foods. That was until I learned that most people died of natural causes.

30DET... The only way. Carport Converter Kyosho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_2jza70
    Well considering its quoted at making 481Nm at 4000rpm STOCK (ie. inc stock exhaust, intake, computer,...) Id say with an opened up inlet, exhaust, more agressive tune and 2 medium sized turbos hanging off the side of it...its a pretty safe bet that torque is not going to be a problem.
    Peak torque, is nothing to go by.
    I want to know the whole torque curver.
    Which was described above.

I've seen engines making HUGE amounts of torque, but it's so peaky, it's useless for making anything go except on a drag track.

Peak ratings mean SFA.
    My Dead Supra...
    Quote Originally Posted by ReQuieM in the A70 Thread
    There is some serious talent in this thread for linking anything to fuckin gay sex. Its extraordinary.

Nay sayer Domestic Engineer Mr Ed's Avatar

Why the skepticism?

Id expect a square bore engine is hardly going to have peak torque so far down in the rev range, especially once you turbo it. A well controlled turbo can give a very flat torque curve, all hes got to worry about is the right choice of turbo.

As Norbie said, Id expect that matching this baby up with a couple turbos capable of around the 500rwkw mark is going to be very similar to a 2JZ (also square bore) thats capable of around 300rwkw.

A setup twin GT35s with a 0.63AR would suit the job very nicely.
    I used to eat alot of natural foods. That was until I learned that most people died of natural causes.

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice

any updates?