Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: jza80 + plasma cutter + sleep deprived fabricator = 56k warning!!!

Forum Sponsor Conversion King

Default Re: jza80 + plasma cutter + sleep deprived fabricator = 56k warning!!!

only at the front, still plenty of room down the back. it would be about 150-200mm narrower than a 1uz

cheers
    linden
    Quote Originally Posted by WHITCHY
    Prefer someone around the Sydney area but will travel a few hours for a good box!

how much is Too Much Toyota JustenGT8's Avatar

500mm wide? It's 60deg? you aren't stretching the truth just a wee bit there Linden
    Lily Simpson 6.7.2010
    R.I.P.

530mm for the rear 3/4 of the engine to be exact.

just measured it and due to it being 60* with a different deck height to a 1uz its a shitload narrower.

its 510 for the last 200mm then 530 for 350mm then goes wider at the front of the covers

pics for proof you say?

here you go bgitches linden learned imageshack.us (but i still cant spell for shite)

hahahahaha 1uz owners can have all the fun in the world getting to their ex-manifold bolts while i get to these with ummmmm ease

no truth being streched and pics taken from directly above so there is no stuff ups.

now go out and buy 1 and stuff it in an IS200 (my dream car right there and i reckon easily doable)

good night
    Prefer someone around the Sydney area but will travel a few hours for a good box!

Toymods Pimp Chief Engine Builder Norbie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Roadrunner
    the engine is narrow as with plenty of room to the rails.

should be easy to fit turbos at the back of the bay
    I've been eyeing the gaping holes at the back of the Century's engine bay, which appear to be set aside especially for a couple of medium-size turbos.

Having said that, the Century is a bit scary at speed so probably best not to give it any more power. A Supra on the other hand...

Lord of InterpretiveDance Chief Engine Builder tomvale13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Norbie

Having said that, the Century is a bit scary at speed so probably best not to give it any more power..
    Do your martinis start spilling all over the naked women strewn throughout the cabin?

bummer...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzo View Post
    They cash in the empty can of whoopass they received in SA and receive 10c's per punch...
    They have to accrew enough for nose reconstructions as well as feeding his mime family. The dont talk much so they never need much water for their dry mouths.

Party Animal Supreme Too Much Toyota MR 1JZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tomvale13
    Do your martinis start spilling all over the naked women strewn throughout the cabin?

bummer...
    and our $100 notes dont quite have the same absorbency of american paper greenbacks...
    Project Soarer II - Sold
    Evo 5 - The silver fruitbox
    "I'm the man who has the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than f**k. So that is why i am better than everyone in the world. Kiss my ass and suck my dick... everyone."

how much is Too Much Toyota JustenGT8's Avatar

Fark me that is narrow.....so it must be tall?
    Lily Simpson 6.7.2010
    R.I.P.

Toymods Pimp Chief Engine Builder Norbie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tomvale13
    Yes, yes, something like that.

The Supreme Backyard Mechanic

actually Justen, it isn't all that tall (at least it won't be with the dry sump....)

there are dimensions of the engine posted in various other threads.... why haven't the forum nazi's told you to search yet? lol i can't remember off the top of my head and am too lazy to search.

the only thng that i could potentialy see being an issue with the average conversion is the thermostat housing position. other than that i cant see any major headaches occuring.

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Awesome work - This should shape up to be an interesting ride!

30DET... The only way. Carport Converter Kyosho's Avatar

I gotta say... That thing looks ugly as hell.
    I hope it gets degreased before going in, and the V12 cover still fits...

Good work though guys!
    My Dead Supra...
    Quote Originally Posted by ReQuieM in the A70 Thread
    There is some serious talent in this thread for linking anything to fuckin gay sex. Its extraordinary.

i would hazard a guess that you have never purchased an imported moter then, they must be clean to get thru quarantine, no iffs no butts.

the engine is clean as, but its dusty and has mild corrosion spots on it which are easy to fix, buy more shiney shit.

no V12 cover, i have a completely different idea for this beast.

30DET... The only way. Carport Converter Kyosho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Roadrunner
    i would hazard a guess that you have never purchased an imported moter then, they must be clean to get thru quarantine, no iffs no butts.

the engine is clean as, but its dusty and has mild corrosion spots on it which are easy to fix, buy more shiney shit.

no V12 cover, i have a completely different idea for this beast.
    So it's just dust not oil on the rocker cover on the left hand side down the front? Just looked very greasy.
    My Dead Supra...
    Quote Originally Posted by ReQuieM in the A70 Thread
    There is some serious talent in this thread for linking anything to fuckin gay sex. Its extraordinary.

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia

So what if its greasy, with all the fab work it will get much worse.
    Im sure it will be clean in the end.
    Dave