Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: *** TOYOTA FEST 2008 - DRAG RACING!!! - Wednesday 8th October 6pm ***

I make people cry Chief Engine Builder Draven's Avatar

Default Re: *** TOYOTA FEST 2008 - DRAG RACING!!! - Wednesday 8th October 6pm ***

I completely forgot and went to sleep :\
    http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=7465
    Quote Originally Posted by xero View Post
    and of course campbell newman's completely fucking everything he touches so badly that he should be called dick fingers.

Junior Member Too Much Toyota RONA's Avatar

Default Re: *** TOYOTA FEST 2008 - DRAG RACING!!! - Wednesday 8th October 6pm ***

I was at work . Sounds like some great times were run & had though.
    If in doubt power out

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by Draven
    Geeze and i was hoping for some pictures with some sort of haze comming from your rear tyres!

is a semi-motivated Domestic Engineer 1JZ~lux's Avatar

I didn't land in Sydney till 8:30pm so it just wasn't worth going.

Glad to hear everyone had fun. Hopefully next time I'll be there.
    Petrol is for washing parts, alcohol's for drinking but NITRO IS FOR RACING!
    My pictures, Returning some time in the distant future.
    RN85 Hilux + 1JZ-GTE = 298.0HP @ 14PSI -- 60' 1.956 ET 13.775 MPH 99.49
    Project Korruption - Stage 1: The Resto. KE35 Corolla Hardtop daily driver

busy adding lightness Too Much Toyota MR22ZZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Draven
    that's almost as lame as one of Rona's excuses, surely you can come up with a better story than that
    Past Toyotas - Snow White (TA23), Blue Stivo (ZZE123)
    Current Toyotas - Hamster (AW11)
    Quote Originally Posted by X kyle X View Post
    the aw11 is rougher and more angular so it's sex Appel is more that of Sylvester stalone rather then brad pitt

I make people cry Chief Engine Builder Draven's Avatar

eh, it's what happened.

spent the day dealing with the public and crazy people in martin place.

went home, drank beer, slept. never even thought of the drags until tonight
    http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=7465
    Quote Originally Posted by xero View Post
    and of course campbell newman's completely fucking everything he touches so badly that he should be called dick fingers.

Junior Member Grease Monkey

fonzy you would have to be stoked knocking over a second of your P.B if your going out next week just pm me and ill be there.
    cheers thomas

I wouldn't trust a... Conversion King Smokey228's Avatar

Haha, thomas, next time, let your tire pressure a few psi at a time untill you find what works for you I dont know, but my best run on street tires was a big burnout, slicks was a tiny burnout..?

Your an addict now lol

Cheers,
    Jase
    JZA023
    11.51 @ 126MPH | 430RWHP @ 21PSI

Quote Originally Posted by YLD-16L
    Cuzzo is such a premature ejaculator he fertilised the very egg that he grew from

JoeyJoeJoeJuniorShabadoo Domestic Engineer joey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by w810sc
    Anyways my results from the previous Toymods Drag Racing event was a 17 with a faulty ignitor. Last night I got my revenge from a 16.5, 16.4, 15.6, 15.9 to finally a 15.2 @ 92.9 mph. I was pretty stoked about it because this was my second time I've been on the strip. Might go back next week and try to break into the 14's.

Looking forward to the next Toymods event - Mega cruise.
    Nice work fonz!! 15.2 is an excellent time! Eddie was only able to manage a 15.1 from memory with a hybrid and marcus got a 14.9 so thats some great times for a 2tg
    Mr Shabadoo.
    Joeys 1975 TA22 - the weird lookin' front one....
    Daily JZX100

New additions: RA23 Circuit racer. 180sx drift box. R32 GTR Daily. MS65 Crown cruiser.

Junior Member Domestic Engineer

There's some photos up on the Badger photography website.

i know i can get addictive, and rod said he has some slicks i can try out next meet aswell so that should eliminate some wheel spin action that was going on. i might even get a pair of semi slicks i wonder if thats all i need until more power.
    chers thomas

My tires hold up un beleivably well! I got a 1.695 60ft and i reckon theres more with a better burnout and more revs... It almost bogged down on the 11.91 run...!

And at 520 for the pair!? They are a bargain man...

If you borrow rods but, i reckon you could do a big launch cause your weakest link is the gearbox and i'd say the 58 will hold up to the weight and power of your car quite easily..?

Cheers,
    Jase
    JZA023

Cuzzo is such a premature ejaculator he fertilised the very egg that he grew from

no wonder they call you smokey have you seen the shots from wednesday night on badger photograghy there must be atleast 10 of your car with smoke bellowing out if the rear, awsome shots dood, your right i wont muck around with semi slicks when i can get slicks for $500, i need to fix my diff upper and lower control arms to stop drilling holes in my chassie, and bogging down while diff drills, 13's here i come

Quote Originally Posted by blue_22
    no wonder they call you smokey have you seen the shots from wednesday night on badger photograghy there must be atleast 10 of your car with smoke bellowing out if the rear, awsome shots dood, your right i wont muck around with semi slicks when i can get slicks for $500, i need to fix my diff upper and lower control arms to stop drilling holes in my chassie, and bogging down while diff drills, 13's here i come
    Linden can do trailing arms, but not sure of price!

I got mine from T3 for dirt cheap, running rose jointed lowers and poly uppers as they dont take to much strain on launch + keeps road noise to a minimum...

On that note, mine arent full slicks, they are M/T Street Radials. They are a drag semi slick kinda thing. A full, cross ply slick needs a cross ply front runner, thats extra expense and thats why i didnt go them. Rod has em, and thats how you get f*cken cool photos lol

I did see those photos They are awesome hahaha Cant beleive someone said, big burnout man, trust me, and then the next guy said small burnout, big burnout is the worst thing you can do And then when i listened i went faster hahaha

Cheers,
    Jase
    JZA023

Toymods Vice President Chief Engine Builder TheToyman75's Avatar

Jase,

You can get the tires too soft - Hence why a BIG burnout can be a bad thing.
    1971 2T-B Celica TA22 ST.
    1973 2T-G Celica TA22, aka "The Unicorn".
    1975 2T-G Celica TA27 GT
    1976 2T-G Celica TA23, aka "The Colonel".
    1985 3F Auto FJ62 Landcruiser
    1989 7M-GTE MA70 Supra, aka "The Poopra"

History: Rods Classic Celica Sampler thread.