Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: *** TOYOTA FEST 2008 - DRAG RACING!!! - Wednesday 8th October 6pm ***

I wouldn't trust a... Conversion King Smokey228's Avatar

Default Re: *** TOYOTA FEST 2008 - DRAG RACING!!! - Wednesday 8th October 6pm ***

Thanks man! I was wondering where all the Toyotas where...? But none the less, got 6 runs in, some got 7! So good value night overall

Which car where you in? I dont know if i met everyone last night And i still havent quite put everyones face to their forum identities

Cheers,
    Jase
    JZA023
    11.51 @ 126MPH | 430RWHP @ 21PSI

Quote Originally Posted by YLD-16L
    Cuzzo is such a premature ejaculator he fertilised the very egg that he grew from

That's me before i was a Conversion King -GT-'s Avatar

Default Re: *** TOYOTA FEST 2008 - DRAG RACING!!! - Wednesday 8th October 6pm ***

Haha, nah wasn't running, just spectating, came out after work with a few of the other boys, around 7:30, 8pm? Not sure we've actually met anyway, but i'm another of the northern beaches boys. You should bring this thing down to wakefield in november.
    AE93 SX 20V - Next Wakefield track day is 13th of November 2015!
    1:15.47 at Wakefield Park | 1:59.45 at Eastern Creek GP | 1:08.81 at SMP South | 2:04.77 at Phillip Island
    Toymods Club Member

Nice to meet Fonz and Ben last night. We were separated a little from most of the group which was a shame, would've loved to run together.

Chaser went flat 14 at around 100mph until it cried no more. Anyone know a good clutch guy?

Toymods Vice President Chief Engine Builder TheToyman75's Avatar

For those of you who stayed at home you missed a good night. Weather was good and I think most of us got 7 runs in.
    1971 2T-B Celica TA22 ST.
    1973 2T-G Celica TA22, aka "The Unicorn".
    1975 2T-G Celica TA27 GT
    1976 2T-G Celica TA23, aka "The Colonel".
    1985 3F Auto FJ62 Landcruiser
    1989 7M-GTE MA70 Supra, aka "The Poopra"

History: Rods Classic Celica Sampler thread.

-------ALL.44U------- Domestic Engineer old_school_jap1's Avatar

yeah wasn't a bad night at all. i left after my 6th run, didn't think it was worth hanging around to try and improve on a 17.7 . congrats jase on doin the 11, when you said slicks and more boost i knew an 11 was on the cards
    RN16 Hilux; 18RG swap underway http://www.toymods.net/forums/showthread.php?t=40561

Quote Originally Posted by ae71 View Post
    but im trying to use bolts with this car.

Junior Member Domestic Engineer

We had a great night. Once I get traction issues sorted I'll be back for sure.

Cheers,Greg.

Toymods Club Member Conversion King big_zop's Avatar

What car did you take Greg?

Lol, greg loved your effors at swapping between the two cars on the first pass

Rod, i reckon you should just let loose on the 28 medium 2nd gear burnout and a 6k dump off the line haha

But i was behind you on your 6th or 7th run and you get some insane wheel spin... So i dunno how well my theory will work... I saw you scate through what seemed like 2nd and 3rd??

Cheers,
    Jase
    JZA023

Cuzzo is such a premature ejaculator he fertilised the very egg that he grew from

Junior Member Grease Monkey

yes again an awsome event held by toymods, was ashame we got split when i raced fonzy on the first run, they split us up, can we organise our own lane next time toymods? organizers, otherwise just an awsome night, i got 7 passes in starting at 15.8 finishing at 14.1.
    cheers thomas
    p.s need more traction must get slicks or semi slicks duno yet

1941cc 2T-G Domestic Engineer w810sc's Avatar

what a fun night! had a good couple of runs just to get the hang of things and improve on the the previous Toymods Drag racing event. So far so good, car passed scrutineering with ease this time and nothing broke. It was funny lining up for the first run because the category of cars where all over the place.

I enjoyed lining up with Thomas for the first run as it certainly put me in my place, same with when I lined up with Tats. I reckon traction and being consistent was a major factor.
    I so wished I lined up with Old School Jap1 so we could see how the 2T-G's go head to head. Maybe next time.

Anyways my results from the previous Toymods Drag Racing event was a 17 with a faulty ignitor. Last night I got my revenge from a 16.5, 16.4, 15.6, 15.9 to finally a 15.2 @ 92.9 mph. I was pretty stoked about it because this was my second time I've been on the strip. Might go back next week and try to break into the 14's.

Looking forward to the next Toymods event - Mega cruise.
    deepdishfactory
    2T-G - Half the valves but twice the fun.

Junior Member Domestic Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by big_zop
    What car did you take Greg?
    I took both Coronas.

Cheers,Greg.

15.2 is a good time Fonz, good work!

And i didnt realise that the white celica was Josh I woulda said hi otherwise!

Cheers,
    Jase
    JZA023

custom dont come in a box Domestic Engineer toymotorsport's Avatar

im spewing i wamted to go but had to work and my turbo shat itself on way back from toyotafest ....

---------HO00NS---------- Chief Engine Builder IN 05 NT's Avatar

definately congrats to jase cracking the 11's.......dickhead

i listened to jase aswell, thought id copy a 3rd gear burnout, while it hooked up and let the tyres fry for a good 10 seconds....it still heated the clutch to the bullshit casuing it to slip thru 1st 2nd and 3rd on that run

managed quite a few 13.1 passes, but couldnt crack back into the 12's with traction being a big issue for me last night,....only managing a 2.0 60' (once the clutch cooled )

looking forward to seeing pics!

Haha, yes. Sorry about that Geuss the single plate isnt cut out for it hahahaha

Like i said last night though, we need to be sitting next to each other to do best, i think its the competitive instinct haha

Last night i had a ball of a time though! Will be out as soon as im allowed and diff is sorted... Oh, and yes, i killed the diff, although i did make it home last night...

Cheers,
    Jase
    JZA023