Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: *** TOYOTA FEST 2008 - DRAG RACING!!! - Wednesday 8th October 6pm ***

Junior Member Grease Monkey grim boy's Avatar

Default Re: *** TOYOTA FEST 2008 - DRAG RACING!!! - Wednesday 8th October 6pm ***

might try and bring the lux and the soarer

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Default Re: *** TOYOTA FEST 2008 - DRAG RACING!!! - Wednesday 8th October 6pm ***

i have been looking forward to this since the last one toymods organized, last run was my first run and on the third run i went from 2nd to 5th gear on my best launch, i ran 15.7 best with 100killer wasps @ the wheels, this run i have a new turbo and have installed a front mount, she dynoed @ 130 killer wasps so i should see better times, i also have installed a shift light and was wandering what rpm i should be setting it at?
    cheers thomas

Toymods Club Member Conversion King big_zop's Avatar

There are calculators for it, but it will depend on a number of factors including gearing and how fast you can change (including flywheel weight), engine condition (built, stock, very used - basically how much you can push it), but probably most importantly, the power/torque curve.

The general rule is to ensure that you fall into the meat of the torque curve and can be calculated if you want an exact number.

I'm in. Have we booked a lane or just lining up with the rest of the stooges?

---------HO00NS---------- Chief Engine Builder IN 05 NT's Avatar

just line up with the rest of the stooooooges

when you fill in the paper work, put in TOYMODS CAR CLUB...see if we can get some loudspeaker support,

I definitely ain't a Chief Engine Builder wagonist's Avatar

Anyone know how the scrutineers feel about damaged cars?
    With my radiator support pushed back slightly, the bent bonnet is fully closed on its catches, but doesn't sit on the side rubbers.
    I do have a spare straight bonnet at home, but if that is fitted, the bonnet catch won't line up (but could be spaced out from its mounts).
    Broken headlight, grill, indicator can be removed (cold air intake )

I just don't want to waste my money trying to get in when they're not going to let the car pass anyway.

p00 powar Grease Monkey Jin~Jah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wagonist
    Anyone know how the scrutineers feel about damaged cars?
    With my radiator support pushed back slightly, the bent bonnet is fully closed on its catches, but doesn't sit on the side rubbers.
    I do have a spare straight bonnet at home, but if that is fitted, the bonnet catch won't line up (but could be spaced out from its mounts).
    Broken headlight, grill, indicator can be removed (cold air intake )

I just don't want to waste my money trying to get in when they're not going to let the car pass anyway.
    if your car doesn't pass scrutineering, you can get your $50 back at the gate

I've got a whopping big crack across the passenger side of my windscreen, and the dude just wrote the numbers straight over it

They might be worried if shit can fall off, or bonnet fly up etc, but usually they ask you to open the bonnet (particularly if you've popped it before you drive in, then once you're in the shed you get out of the car and stand in front of it wiht your papers)

Current UZA80 owner Chief Engine Builder JustCallMeOrlando's Avatar

Make sure you have some sort of secondary way to secure the bonnet and you should be alright.
    Teh UZA80 - Project Century - Remotely p00'd by association

I wouldn't trust a... Conversion King Smokey228's Avatar

Just drill and vbolt the bonnet down

Im down, got my semi on now, with springs in, clutch adjusted, brakes bled... Just need to empty car of all the crap

ALso, apprently a new rule is in place that helmets cant be older then 10 years or somehting, and have to have a manufactured date on them??? I will have to find a helmet to borrow later

Cheers,
    Jase
    JZA023
    11.51 @ 126MPH | 430RWHP @ 21PSI

Quote Originally Posted by YLD-16L
    Cuzzo is such a premature ejaculator he fertilised the very egg that he grew from

That's me before i was a Conversion King -GT-'s Avatar

I'll be there with a few others spectating.
    AE93 SX 20V - Next Wakefield track day is 13th of November 2015!
    1:15.47 at Wakefield Park | 1:59.45 at Eastern Creek GP | 1:08.81 at SMP South | 2:04.77 at Phillip Island
    Toymods Club Member

I definitely ain't a Chief Engine Builder wagonist's Avatar

Well my helmet is too old then too.
    I think it's just going to be easier to leave mine for the mo.
    I'll take it for a run once the front end is fixed & before it starts getting modified.
    So I'll be specatating...
    Last edited by wagonist; 08-10-2008 at 12:28 PM.

---------HO00NS---------- Chief Engine Builder IN 05 NT's Avatar

hope this weather holds out!

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia SillyCarS's Avatar

represent blake!

I wouldn't trust a... Conversion King Smokey228's Avatar

supposed to stay clear for today, and its nothing but blue where i am now, but i am on the coast, so its nothing like the west

Cheers,
    Jase
    JZA023
    11.51 @ 126MPH | 430RWHP @ 21PSI

Quote Originally Posted by YLD-16L
    Cuzzo is such a premature ejaculator he fertilised the very egg that he grew from

That's me before i was a Conversion King -GT-'s Avatar

Hey Jase, nice work mate!

Was hoping the toyota numbers were going to be a little higher but a good night anyway.
    AE93 SX 20V - Next Wakefield track day is 13th of November 2015!
    1:15.47 at Wakefield Park | 1:59.45 at Eastern Creek GP | 1:08.81 at SMP South | 2:04.77 at Phillip Island
    Toymods Club Member