Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: *** July Social Event - Wednesday 16th July WSID Drag Racing 6.30pm ***

Junior Member Conversion King TheStitt's Avatar

Default Re: *** July Social Event - Wednesday 16th July WSID Drag Racing 6.30pm ***

what gbox you running Jin as I can't get close to that time with my 7mgte Crown
    ST177 UZS131 Crown Royal 'G' the pimping limo like daily 1UZFE 144rwkw

DST17T MS53 68 Crown Custom Wagon 7MGTE 266rwkw

I wouldn't trust a... Conversion King Smokey228's Avatar

Default Re: *** July Social Event - Wednesday 16th July WSID Drag Racing 6.30pm ***

Quote Originally Posted by Jin~Jah
    Good stuff Jin~Jah - what tyres and boost you running for that time? Still with the NA bottom end?

Just posted in the super dooper fast cressida thread

The tyres are 225/45/17 Federals, standard street tyres, although they smoke nicely!

Boost wise, I gotta say I wasn't really looking at the guage during the runs, but it's around 10psi, via a bleedvalve. Internally the engine is an NA 7m. It had a GTE, but I broke that, and had to replace the engine block for one that didn't have a hole in the side of it I found a recently 10,000k since rebuild 7m-ge, and it gradually migrated into my car with all the turbo stuff
    Well done man! Thats awesome to hear!

I'll be heading back out as soon as i can afford some decent track tires... Maybe i'll see ya next time

Cheers,
    Jase
    JZA023
    11.51 @ 126MPH | 430RWHP @ 21PSI

Quote Originally Posted by YLD-16L
    Cuzzo is such a premature ejaculator he fertilised the very egg that he grew from

p00 powar Grease Monkey Jin~Jah's Avatar

apologies for grave digging, but I've been on and off sick for a little bit, then went pretty rapidly downhill, saw doctor, got told to get an urgent bloodtest, and I've been diagnosed with glandular fever and have had to cancel my trip to Canada [althouhg that means i'll be in the country for ToyotaFest ]

anyway on with the post:

Quote Originally Posted by TheStitt
    what gbox you running Jin as I can't get close to that time with my 7mgte Crown
    a very automatic transmission!

it was sold to me as a freshly rebuilt a340e, possibly with a mild shiftkit, which it feels like it has. A bit of an impulse buy at the same time was a 3000rpm stall convertor, which definately helps with the launching I'd say

It's got a smallish trans fluid cooler on it (probably about half A4 size, maybe a bit bigger) which works well just in front of the radiator, but doen't actually have a dedicated fan, so if you're sitting idling, and the radiator thermofams aren't on then it practically has zero air movement through it.
    Because of this, (and general wear and tear on the trans fluid).....

...I'm pretty sure i've cooked the fluid in the box, it didn't feel as "sharp" as usual when moving the car around in the days following the drags. The Plan is to flush the fluid and see how it drives with fresh type IV, but I've just been too unwell to do it so far.

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

Since i had my auto shift kitted, Ive only ever used Dex 3 in it, which is advised by Mike at MV's... Maybe contact the builder of the box and check what type of fluid you should be using
    11.72 @ 116.7mph = Quickest Stock Turbo Jzz30 series Soarer And 1st into the 11's WOOOT!!!

Still going good
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc_7aRUGshw