Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637

Thread: Wakefield Park Track Day Friday 14th March - Last Minute Spot Available!

busy adding lightness Too Much Toyota MR22ZZ's Avatar

Default Re: Wakefield Park Track Day Friday 14th March - Last Minute Spot Available!

Quote Originally Posted by IN 05 NT
    what ths date of the next one? give us time wasters a chance
    June-July-ish is what the guys were saying.
    Past Toyotas - Snow White (TA23), Blue Stivo (ZZE123)
    Current Toyotas - Hamster (AW11)
    Quote Originally Posted by X kyle X View Post
    the aw11 is rougher and more angular so it's sex Appel is more that of Sylvester stalone rather then brad pitt

That's me before i was a Conversion King -GT-'s Avatar

Default Re: Wakefield Park Track Day Friday 14th March - Last Minute Spot Available!

Yep, about then. Don't have it in front of me right now but it's a few months off. We weren't able to get as many friday's booked this year unfortunately, think we only have 3 instead of 5 or 6?)

Glad to hear you all had such good days! And it seemed like the toyotas generally held up pretty well in the heat. Even my car came through unscathed after splitting a radiator hose after(/during?) and long session and cooking itself in the pits! New hose, filled it up, robert's your dad's brother.

I'd agree the new surface seems a bit quicker, at the very least there's less bumps, more width in a couple of places and you can be more aggressive over most of the kerbs so there's time to be had from relearning how to attack it. Not really sure if it's grippier, it may be but it's been too long since my car's been there to judge. It did seem kinder on tyres that's for sure. I think if there's a bit more grip than before, with the kinder layout it will be good for up to 2 secs improvement. I'll still need a couple more days on it before i feel like i'm making the most of new lines.

As usual the pelican was great fun. Hopefully we'll see a few more people making use of the accomodation and company next time, numbers were a little thinner than usual, but those there made sure equivalent amounts of beverages were consumed and shit was talked.
    AE93 SX 20V - Next Wakefield track day is 13th of November 2015!
    1:15.47 at Wakefield Park | 1:59.45 at Eastern Creek GP | 1:08.81 at SMP South | 2:04.77 at Phillip Island
    Toymods Club Member

Junior Member Too Much Toyota GUN METAL's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by -GT-
    Yep, about then. Don't have it in front of me right now but it's a few months off. We weren't able to get as many friday's booked this year unfortunately, think we only have 3 instead of 5 or 6?)

Glad to hear you all had such good days! And it seemed like the toyotas generally held up pretty well in the heat. Even my car came through unscathed after splitting a radiator hose after(/during?) and long session and cooking itself in the pits! New hose, filled it up, robert's your dad's brother.

I'd agree the new surface seems a bit quicker, at the very least there's less bumps, more width in a couple of places and you can be more aggressive over most of the kerbs so there's time to be had from relearning how to attack it. Not really sure if it's grippier, it may be but it's been too long since my car's been there to judge. It did seem kinder on tyres that's for sure. I think if there's a bit more grip than before, with the kinder layout it will be good for up to 2 secs improvement. I'll still need a couple more days on it before i feel like i'm making the most of new lines.

As usual the pelican was great fun. Hopefully we'll see a few more people making use of the accomodation and company next time, numbers were a little thinner than usual, but those there made sure equivalent amounts of beverages were consumed and shit was talked.
    Totally agree, i hope i didnt contribute too much to the "shit was talked" but i certainly enjoyed myself and appreciated the hospitality for a first timer/oldtimer

Glad to hear your car is still going STRONG
    MY BELOVED AW11...Updated members ride thread>>>>http://www.toymods.net//forums/showt...=4584#post4584

AW11s always welcome in my driveway !

Built and Driven Backyard Mechanic beauy's Avatar

i cant wait for the next one is it possible to orgainse timing... i heard somewhere it was an extra 200$ with the track rental!! but ill be there either way

That's me before i was a Conversion King -GT-'s Avatar

We (the organisers) won't arrange timing as it then becomes an officially timed event, CAMS regs/jurisdiction goes up, and we're no longer allowed to have 'driving instructors' in the passenger seat.

Doesn't mean several of you can't organise your own timing equipment amongst yourselves though...
    AE93 SX 20V - Next Wakefield track day is 13th of November 2015!
    1:15.47 at Wakefield Park | 1:59.45 at Eastern Creek GP | 1:08.81 at SMP South | 2:04.77 at Phillip Island
    Toymods Club Member

Junior Member Too Much Toyota YLD-16L's Avatar

I'll have a timing setup by the next one, I always forget to press the timer if I try and time the laps myself.

My ghetto spec 10 lap timer with remote mount lap button is up for sale, I had the timer and button mounted to my steering wheel.

Well and truly ghetto but works fine.

I'll post pics and put up an ad. It's going to be hellishly expensive to cover the cost of an IR timer for me

Built and Driven Backyard Mechanic beauy's Avatar

thats true garth

YLD pm me a price and some pics if u could?

Junior Member Too Much Toyota YLD-16L's Avatar

This is the 10 lap manual timer, way easier to cheat with this than having your friends or IR timing

beauy, you have PM.