Thread: 1ggte a340 auto, what wiring's required to make the auto shift on its own?

Junior Member Domestic Engineer J0RD0's Avatar

Default 1ggte a340 auto, what wiring's required to make the auto shift on its own?

HI all, I have me a RA23 with 1GGTE and since swapping all the bits over from the old car ive also decided to go auto. The motor runs on a Motec m48 controlling everything. I have the full loom and computer from a ga70 automatic supra and i want to make the auto work properly without having to shift it manually all the time. I was just wondering whats required to make it work? Will I have to run the ga70 shifter? If i have to run off throttle position will the computer read an xf throttle position sensor? speed sensor? any help would be appreciated
    RA23 1JZ VVTi 373hp - SOLD
    12.4 @ 110mph
    THE EVOROLLA 262.9hp - SOLD
    JZ parts facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/groups/524841910926804/

Junior Member Too Much Toyota

Default Re: 1ggte a340 auto, what wiring's required to make the auto shift on its own?

auto ECU gets a few signals from the ECU and patches into the engine loom to piggy back on some sensors (TPS and temp from memory).

Find ECU for the gearbox donor car and look at wiring diagram for that ECU - will show you what goes from ECU and loom to the gearbox ECU.
    ------------------------------
    ST185 road barge / MZ11 forest barge / RA65 garage barge

User Conversion King

Default Re: 1ggte a340 auto, what wiring's required to make the auto shift on its own?

MZ12s and 5mge-MX73s have a seperate gearbox ecu. you could retro fit one of these i reckon. the pinouts are floating around on the TSRM
    hello

KE25 legendary Backyard Mechanic Robbo's Avatar

GZ20's have a separate trans ECU asls..mounted on the left kickpanel.
    if you need one...pm me i have a good working one
    !!! BAN LOW PERFORMANCE DRIVERS NOT HIGH PERFORMANCE CARS !!!

私のトヨタはある従って速い均一死んだ人叫ぶ!

Junior Member Domestic Engineer J0RD0's Avatar

ok, that seems like a better idea. What does the auto ecu run off? just the speed sensor im asuming?
    RA23 1JZ VVTi 373hp - SOLD
    12.4 @ 110mph
    THE EVOROLLA 262.9hp - SOLD
    JZ parts facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/groups/524841910926804/

RZN169R+2JZGTEVVTI+R151 Domestic Engineer madmont's Avatar

You will need the ect which will read the speed sensor on the transmission. The ect has connections to the engine ecu and tps. I had a stand alone ect from the old Cressida 5mge running a A340 a while back. I just used the speed sensor in the auto (reed switch) and the speedo speed sensor and it always changed early although you could use the selector to hold the gears. The old cressida did not have the A340 transmission but it was controlled in the same manner.
    Jealousy is a curse