Thread: ae92 fuel pump fuse- cant find it??? PLEASE HELP

Junior Member Grease Monkey bje10s's Avatar

Default ae92 fuel pump fuse- cant find it??? PLEASE HELP

hey i was goin to change my fuel filter for the 1st time ever but cant find the fuel pump fuse. sounds silly but i cant undo the fuel filter either... this has stumped me hard. ive done a 20v conversion and all the work on my mr2 but this stupid thing a cant do!!! AAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! its sending me insane and have to much pride to take it to the mechanics.... PLEASE HELP!!!

is the bestest Conversion King LeeRoy's Avatar

Default Re: ae92 fuel pump fuse- cant find it??? PLEASE HELP

Im assuming you want to depressurise the fuel system. Just pull the base of the rear seat up at the back and it will hinge forward (it hinges from the front) then just unplug the sender that drops into the tank from under the seat. This has the wiring for the pump. Then crack the fuel cap so excess pressure can vent and then just crank the engine a few times.

After this it should have as little pressure as possible. It will still spill a little fuel though.

As for the fuel filter you will need a socket i think and the standard one has a mount as part of it. A non genuine filter wont have a mount on it but im sure some ingenuity and a hose clamp will have you sorted. Either that or buy genuine.

Maybe try and hold the filter with vice grips and get right into the banjo bolt with all your might or even a few taps with a hammer might help free it. Inox or some similar stuff might help to free up the bolt but it may damage the sealing washers. I'd buy new ones anyways but just be careful to not bend or damage the fuel lines. I remember mine was quite difficult to remove also but i think presistance was the key.

Hope that helps
    Daily Driver: Red Ae93 Project: My TA22 - now with 3s-gte
    D is for Disco, E is for Dancing

Junior Member Grease Monkey 3BarSuperstar's Avatar

You can hold the fuel filter with a 17mm spanner i think. Sometimes They are done up too tight. Just be careful you dont twist the steel pipe by not holding the fuel filter as i have seen this done.

from what i have been told you can take the fuse out turn on the engine then let the engine idle then within 10mins the engine will cut out leaving no fuel in the lines......

its raining so im goin to give it a go tomorrow..

i still dont know if you pull the lines out or unscrew them any help please???

LEEROY the fuel cap idea is a very smart thing also....

"banjo bolt" sorry never encountered 1 of these before do you unbolt it by twisting it, im assuming its the top end of the filter where it leads up to the injectors????
    "If god intended hondas to go fast, he would have given them turbos"

is the bestest Conversion King LeeRoy's Avatar

Unplugging the wires at the fuel tank access panel under the seat will have the same effect as removing the fuse. Im not even sure where the fuse is so i cant answer that but just unplug it like i said and then run it till it dies and then crank it over a few more times.

A banjo bolt is a bolt with a hole in it so fuel (or water/whatever other liquid) can travel through it. It just undoes like a normal bolt and also has 1 or 2 washers on the top and bottom of the hose end to make a seal. Turn the bolts anti clockwise to undo. You will also notice a banjo bolt on the end of the fuel rail.

The line will run into the top of the fuel filter and is held in place by a raised section so you dont twist the line while tightening or undoing the banjo bolt. Its also good practice to hold it or brace it and be carefull. Just undo the banjo bolt all the way and make sure you dont lose the washer/s as they will most likely stay stuck to the filter or the banjo bolt but can easily fall off. As i said before try and get some new ones or if the ones on there are ok and not damaged they should be fine to reuse.

Hope i answered everything.
    Daily Driver: Red Ae93 Project: My TA22 - now with 3s-gte
    D is for Disco, E is for Dancing

Founding ****** Automotive Encyclopaedia Mos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bje10s
    from what i have been told you can take the fuse out turn on the engine then let the engine idle then within 10mins the engine will cut out leaving no fuel in the lines......
    It will die within 30 seconds with no fuel pressure... and there is no separate fuel pump fuse - it's the EFI fuse that supplies both the ECU and the fuel pump. Listen to LeeRoy

"banjo bolt" sorry never encountered 1 of these before do you unbolt it by twisting it, im assuming its the top end of the filter where it leads up to the injectors????
    How's that 1UZ research going

Mos.
    Admin, I.T., Founding Member, Toymods Car Club Inc.
    2000 IS200 Sports Luxury 1UZ-FE VVTi, 1991 MX83 Grande 2JZ-GTE (sold)

Forum Sponsor Conversion King

have to much pride to take it to the mechanics...
    lose your pride and life will become alot easier for you.

leeroy is correct in everything he has said so i recomend you either follow his advice (considering he has done it numerous times) or take it to someone who knows what they are doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by WHITCHY
    Prefer someone around the Sydney area but will travel a few hours for a good box!

cool plaining to do it tomorrow. yeh i never found this so called fuse!!! so ill take your advice LeeRoy thanks heaps. ill keep you posted.

the 1uz research.... ITS DOIN MY HEAD IN!! i know this sound gay but i dogged my friends on the weekend to do more research..... 1uz will be possible tho i will need to mount it north-south have custom bellhousing and run somekind of box i was thinking the (getrag) i think its called supra 6spd or tremac & twin plate clutch. this will be the cheapest option even tho it will cost of moneyz. the more expensive option and the one i am researching now is a ford gt setup but i cant find much info as to what g/box it runs and if the 5.4L superchage will even fit. the budget will be about 15k so i doubt ill get that.
    "If god intended hondas to go fast, he would have given them turbos"