Gday,

What is the official method of requesting a change to one of the forum rules? Specifically the Group Buys rules. I think the following rule needs to be ammended:

# The total Group Buy quantity must equal the total quantity sold on the Toymods forums. (Note: The quantity of items in the group buy does not have to be specified in advance.)

Reasons:
1) If a group buy entails creating a one off part, then it may be impossible to get the required minimum production run, or the cost per part may be exhorbitant at the low quantities able to be sold on Toymods.

2) If the organiser purchases the minimum quantity of a production run, and there are not enough people on Toymods to purchase all of the run (people who previously ordered parts may have to pull out due to exceptional circumstances), then the organiser should not be penalised for their devotion.

3) If all the people on Toymods who want to purchase an item have done so, and more goods are needed to be sold to make the production run viable, then the whole Toymods community (or at least those who took up the group buy offer) benefits from the organiser being able to sell leftovers on the open market.

I believe this rule is fundamentally flawed, and only works for group buys of goods which are normally commercially available. I would like to see the wording changed to:

# The total Group Buy quantity for goods normally commercially available must equal the total quantity sold on the Toymods forums, unless group buy purchasers revoke their interest after the group buy order has been placed. (Note: The quantity of items in the group buy does not have to be specified in advance.)

If anyone else would like to improve or further clarify that rule, please also put your suggestions forward.