Thread: Does the 1996 tarago share a motor / starter motor with any other toyotas?

I wouldn't trust a... Conversion King Smokey228's Avatar

Default Does the 1996 tarago share a motor / starter motor with any other toyotas?

Hey im chasing the starter motor to suit a 1996 toyota tarago however am having no luck, i was wondering f it shares it's motor/starter motor with any other toyotas?, so that i can broaden my search for this part.

Thanks fellas! in advance, any help appreciated

ps vl turbos own corollas

Junior Member Too Much Toyota oldcorollas's Avatar

Default Re: Does the 1996 tarago share a motor / starter motor with any other toyotas?

Quote Originally Posted by Smokey228
    Hey im chasing the starter motor to suit a 1996 toyota tarago however am having no luck, i was wondering f it shares it's motor/starter motor with any other toyotas?, so that i can broaden my search for this part.

Thanks fellas! in advance, any help appreciated

ps vl turbos own corollas
    what motor do they have? find out what the engine code is, and then search the net for that code and it should bring up different models that use it.
    "I'm a Teaspoon, not a mechanic"
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice

Default Re: Does the 1996 tarago share a motor / starter motor with any other toyotas?

if it has a 4y you will find that they come out in toyota forklifts (5,6&7 series) BUT the timing case is different on the forklift so it can run the hydraulic pump.
    I know this because I sell these at my work

Junior Member Too Much Toyota

Redbook suggests that a '96 Tarago uses a 2TZ-FE motor.

You'd think that any auto parts shop (repco, etc) will eithr have it in stock or get it on order. It will be cheaper if you can find an exchange (ashdown brand?) unit.