Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GZE into RA60...

Estranged Member Chief Engine Builder mullett's Avatar

Default Re: GZE into RA60...

Hahah...depends how much you're willing to pay...GZE, full loom, comp...etc

Forum Member Domestic Engineer Nark's Avatar

Yup. Selling it would be the right thing to do.
    Max
    NB8B MX-5 | Fulcrum-tuned Tein SS coilovers | Weldwell Engineering 4 point Rollbar | DBA 4000 slotted rotors | Goodridge braided lines
    MY11 Skoda Octavia RS wagon | 2x ISOFIX seats | Iggle Piggle's blanket | Some breast milk stains

ToyotaCarClub.net Domestic Engineer Starfire's Avatar

It should be quite nice in the RA60. The GZE makes more torque and power than the 22RE that the car came with.

The AW11 is quite heavy - a fair bit more than you might think. This is mostly due to toyota wanting it to be safe as opposed to fast. You can get a fair bit of weight off of them though due to the fair amount of excess gear they have in them. The seats and stuff are quite heavy too.
    1987 AW11 MR2 Supercharger (4AGZE)
    1974 TA22 Celica (2TG bored and stroked)

Thanks to James Cameron's Terminator films, we know that robots are stronger, faster, tougher and more Austrian than the rest of us.

Junior Member Carport Converter 4agte's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myne
    Uh? did you mean 1300?
    sorry i meant if they had a driver and was wet wieght then maybee they would weigh 1200kgs but dry they are closer to 1100kgs but yes not as light as you would think the gearbox in the s/c weighs a ton plus the glass t/top etc etc

Rest in Peace Conversion King ViPeR_NiPPleX's Avatar

gze in an ra60 is a perfect idea! make up an adaptor plate, or hack up a bellhousing to mate the w57 to its new host... prolly just weld new mounts to the crossmember, just take an ae71/ae86 crossmember and copy the spacing.

Toymods Pimp Chief Engine Builder Norbie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ViPeR_NiPPleX
    make up an adaptor plate, or hack up a bellhousing to mate the w57 to its new host... prolly just weld new mounts to the crossmember, just take an ae71/ae86 crossmember and copy the spacing.
    Uh, do you have any idea how much work/expense is involved in doing all that? You make it sound like you could knock it up in an afternoon!

Rest in Peace Conversion King ViPeR_NiPPleX's Avatar

haha, yes i do know how much work is involved... try making an adaptor plate for a 4ag to a frog renault 4spd transaxle glad i didn't haha!

yes, ok, better look for a ready made one

Estranged Member Chief Engine Builder mullett's Avatar

Yeah, it's doable all right...I have access to SOME machining and metalworking facilities *cough*, so making adaptors and stuff shouldn't be too hard. Any other reasons why not? I think the GZE isn't too far off the 1GGTE as a base engine for mods and racing, and the thing's gotta handle well, so less weight is teh goodness.

RM.

Something else: Any one familiar with using metal bushings in replacement of nolethane or factory ones? Any significant problems? Like the car falling apart...

Forum Member Domestic Engineer Nark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mullett
    I think the GZE isn't too far off the 1GGTE as a base engine for mods and racing, and the thing's gotta handle well, so less weight is teh goodness.
    Umm... No where near the power and torque of a 1G-GTE.
    4A-GZEs make about 80kW on our dyno days. I think.
    1G-GTEs make between 95-130kW depending on the generation of the 1G.
    Max
    NB8B MX-5 | Fulcrum-tuned Tein SS coilovers | Weldwell Engineering 4 point Rollbar | DBA 4000 slotted rotors | Goodridge braided lines
    MY11 Skoda Octavia RS wagon | 2x ISOFIX seats | Iggle Piggle's blanket | Some breast milk stains