Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1982 corona with SR20 = :-0

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default Re: 1982 corona with SR20 = :-0

Looks awesome! Well done and all on a reasonable budget too.

In one of your engine bay shots it is missing the dipstick?

Junior Member Grease Monkey

na the top is broken of it. and i couldn't be fucked spending money to buy another one. i just use pliers to get it out.

the new suspension is in and i'll be out tomorrow to test it all out at the TCC motorkhana at nirimba tafe. also fitted a hydraulic handbrake and a few other bits.

i'll endevour to get some video footage tomorrow and post it up for you guys.

well a slow start to the events. the hydraulic handbrake needed more bleeding than i thought.

so i had to bleed it again at the track and adjust the push rod in the handbrake. makes a huge diference.

the diff went well. no noises, no clunking, no grinding. and it stayed in the car !!!

the steering is now the only thing letting it down. it's bloody 4.5 turns lock to lock. got to see if there is another option that is less turns lock to lock.

sorry but no photo's due to now having anyone to take them and the fact i FORGOT THE BLOODY CAMERA !!!! i hate it when that happens but i always forget something.

EP Grease Monkey

awesome work, you should be able to get a bit more power out of the de. My old silvia had similar power to yours, then gained an extra 9rwkw from 4-2-1 extractors.

---------HO00NS---------- Chief Engine Builder IN 05 NT's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by slo78u
    na the top is broken of it. and i couldn't be fucked spending money to buy another one. i just use pliers to get it out.

the new suspension is in and i'll be out tomorrow to test it all out at the TCC motorkhana at nirimba tafe. also fitted a hydraulic handbrake and a few other bits.

i'll endevour to get some video footage tomorrow and post it up for you guys.
    ahh no way. i pulled out of the nirimba tafe at the last 2nd!!!! are you coming down to wakefiled supersprint on the 1st? we run it, and you get shit loads of runs in!

Blake

na i can't Blake i'm working that weekend.

and i have done to many laps around wakefield in 300+wrhp cars to know that if i show up with rally suspension, road rubber, and less that 300hp i'm just going to be upset !!!

i'll be out at the rally sprint on the 21si of june though !!! should be a good event. 6 stages done during the day/night.