Thread: Jap spec centre bore diameter for brakes? (corolla)

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default Jap spec centre bore diameter for brakes? (corolla)

Hello,

I have a rear disc conversion on my Corolla using a Japanese AE111 Levin rear disc setup. Can anyone please confirm the hub's centre bore diameter for JDM AE111?

If I remember correctly the center bore diameter is 54.1mm? I am looking for replacement rear discs. In that case I cannot use DBA rear discs which are 55mm.

Insert whitty comment her Automotive Encyclopaedia blacktop's Avatar

Default Re: Jap spec centre bore diameter for brakes? (corolla)

you can't find a smaller circumference and bore it out to fit?

Your mum is a Conversion King TERRA Operative's Avatar

Just measured the rotors on my Jap spec AE101 GTZ Levin, and the Aus spec AE102 Seca discs I'm using to upgrade my AE92.

They both have a centre bore diameter of 55mm.

The rear discs from the Aus delivered Corollas is the same for the Jap delivered ones. The front discs may be the same if it's NOT superstrut (I can't confirm). If you have superstrut though, you're in the same boat as me and have to get a set custom modified or imported from Japan. (Toyota Australia charge around $350 per rotor landed in your hands last time I checked)

Quote Originally Posted by TERRA Operative
    Just measured the rotors on my Jap spec AE101 GTZ Levin, and the Aus spec AE102 Seca discs I'm using to upgrade my AE92.

They both have a centre bore diameter of 55mm.
    Thank You for checking for me.

I live in the states and I believe our US spec AE92 and 101/111 models share the same 54mm centre bore. The rear disc conversion I purchased and installed were delivered from a Jap spec AE111 Levin (as rear discs are not available here). I found out the Aus and Euro spec has a 55mm centre bore but I cannot be sure about the Jap spec.

The reason I was confused is because of this quote from the brake upgrade guide in the FAQs.
    The AE101 has 266mm dia * 9mm thick solid rear discs BUT the centre hole of these discs is 55mm rather than the AE92's 54mm.
    The Superstrut brakes as available on the AE101 Levin's etc as an option in Japan have 275mm dia * 25mm thick vented discs and twin piston calipers. Fortunately they also sport the same 54mm centre hole
    So am I right to assume the SS setup use a 54mm centre bore up front and a 55mm centre bore in the rear? That sounds a bit odd

I just want to be sure before I spend the money importing rear discs from DBA.

Or if anyone has the AUS Toyota p/n for AE102 rear discs, please post up. The Jap spec ones are 42431-12150

55mm up front, 55mm at the rear. I'm not sure what the non superstrut has. (I can measure my AE92 if you want, I think that is 54mm).

Here are the dimensions for the FRONT super strut rotors for reference, as measured from mine.

Quote Originally Posted by TERRA Operative
    55mm up front, 55mm at the rear. I'm not sure what the non superstrut has. (I can measure my AE92 if you want, I think that is 54mm).

Here are the dimensions for the FRONT super strut rotors for reference, as measured from mine.
    In that case, the FAQ has been contridicted. Unless I read it incorrectly. Which I tend to do sometimes

I'll double check my rotors tomorrow. Just to be sure. But I'm pretty sure they are 55mm all round.

I appreciate the help, terra.