interchangable with MX22? What else is it interchangable with? Is there
    an LSD available for these diffs?

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thk's

Cyprus73.

Yep they look great Carport Converter gianttomato's Avatar

Default Re: MX22 and MX13 conversion

Hello.

1) I have never tried but I think you might have issues with the guards lining up. The MX10/12/22 is shorter in the front than the MX13/23. Seeing as you have the bits there it's worth a try. Probably easier to just fix the rust unless it is just rotting through everything.

2) Straight swap. Unbolt the whole thing drum to drum from an MX13 and bolt it into your MX22.

3) I have never bothered trying to put the F series centre into the E series housing so can't really answer. There are plenty of F series LSD options out there. The cheapest would be to fit an LSD centre from an MA61 Supra. Then there are other alternatives like the True Trac torsen diff or you could fit a TRD LSD centre. IS200 Torsen diff is supposed to fit as well.

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Thk's for that.

This is the same MX22 was/is for sale in Sydney, that you ran and enquired about.

I've already stripped the MX13, so I'll try out the front end conversion. I personally
    prefer the MX22 front end but some rust will be a big job.

One other question re conversion, what options do I have for manual conversion, currently using the 4m out of MX13 with auto. Which manual belhousing will fit?

Thk's
    Cyprus73

Yep they look great Carport Converter gianttomato's Avatar

Yeah I figured that!

Chris, what gearbox do you intend to use?

Easiest option is a W50, otherwise known as Celica steel case 5 speed. Find a bellhousing from a 4 speed MS65 or MS85 Crown or any 4 speed MarkII. You'll need the manual pedal box, clutch master and slave cylinders, the bit of hydraulic line that connects the two and flywheel and clutch. You should be able to pick all this up for a couple hundred. You should be able to use the same tailshaft. Now from memory, there may be some issues with the gearbox crossmember (but I think that only pertained to the really early manual models). I can't remember from your site if you had any pics of it.