Thread: Turbo Timer wiring- GA70

Excited Member Grease Monkey thomasbl's Avatar

Default Turbo Timer wiring- GA70

The GA70 halfcut (88) which i am dismantling for the engine and loom had a turbo timer fitted. The timer has red, yellow and blue wires which are spliced into the heavy gauge ign wires. It also has a black earth and a white wire. The white wire is causing me some confusion, it is connected to a black wire in a branch of the loom which i presume went down near the handbrake or gearbox. The halfcut i bought had the gbox out and only has two wires on the manual box which i presume are for reverse lights. If anyone could help with what this wire is for and if it is needed, it would be helpful. Other threads i have read mention a handbrake wire, is this to tell the timer the car has the handbrake engaged?

Excited Member Grease Monkey thomasbl's Avatar

Default Re: Turbo Timer wiring- GA70

Can anybody help me out with this or am i asking the wrong questions? I did some searches when i originally posted this but didn't have any luck.

tom

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

That wire I would presume would def be the handbrake one it tells the turbio timer that the handbrake is on and when the timer is on and the handbrake is diengaged the timer will automatically cut off
    This is to oprevent people from stealing ur car while its running on the timer , so when they try to drive away while its running and let the handbrake off the car stops then they have to hot wire it or something to get it moving

Hope it makes some sense

The wire will have a kind of killswitch mechanism at the end of it that attachesd to the handbrake

she loves me coz im a Conversion King love ke70's Avatar

the only issue with that is u can drive a car with the handbrake on one click so the turbo timer doesnt cut out.
    im really not a turbo timer fan and would be more happy just to sit with the car for a minute or 2.