Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2.2 litre 1G Stroker kits

Worlds Fastest 1G Backyard Mechanic

Default Re: 2.2 litre 1G Stroker kits

Quote Originally Posted by Kyosho
    The pistons are what you need the deposit on isn't it Kyle?
    Yes, just pistons, however I'd say the rest of the engine will be ready to go by mid january, so you'd need the rest by then.

6BOOST.

30DET... The only way. Carport Converter Kyosho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 6BOOST
    Yes, just pistons, however I'd say the rest of the engine will be ready to go by mid january, so you'd need the rest by then.

6BOOST.
    I'll try and sort something out.
    If my R33 is sold in the next week or two. I'll pay you all upfront then.
    My Dead Supra...
    Quote Originally Posted by ReQuieM in the A70 Thread
    There is some serious talent in this thread for linking anything to fuckin gay sex. Its extraordinary.

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia SillyCarS's Avatar

6boost

so realistically if you have a stocko 1g you will need:

$850 crank
    $820 rods
    $1200 pistons
    $350 stud kit
    $800 cams
    $250 valve springs
    $2000 microleb
    $1600 garrett gt35
    $800 fuel system
    --------
    $9000 (approx)

+ getting a pro to put it together $$$ f*ck knows $$$

getting all this in a celica and registering it for the street

priceless

wire jiggler supreme Backyard Mechanic celicapain's Avatar

Yeah, its not a cheap excercise. Factor in the upgrades the diff/box and suspension will neeed to handle it then id be surprised to see any change out of 12K(and that doing it all mega budget yourself). Then again, youll be driving one of the fastest cars on the road so you probally wont care....
    but if you want cheap power just fiddle the boost and do the exhaust/cooler and dont bother reading threads like this your bank account will live longer!
    GA23(never finished-now with cracked block ) JZX83 (Tyre eater) 3sgte AE86. by now i should know better.

Who needs a living bank account...

$850 crank
    $820 rods
    $1200 pistons
    $350 stud kit
    $800 cams
    $250 valve springs
    $2000 microleb
    $1600 garrett gt35
    $800 fuel system

Leave cams and valves out if you want. That's $1000 saving,
    I get to save on the microleb as I already have something
    So that's $3000 saved.

yes expensive.
    But something that can still corner reasonably, and punch down the 1/4 easily in the 11s...
    My Dead Supra...
    There is some serious talent in this thread for linking anything to fuckin gay sex. Its extraordinary.

Forum Sponsor Conversion King

Quote Originally Posted by Kyosho
    Leave cams and valves out if you want. That's $1000 saving,

yes expensive.
    But something that can still corner reasonably, and punch down the 1/4 easily in the 11s...
    but whats the point in building a super strong bottom end with so much potential and then restrict the amount of power becoz you've skimped on the real airflow components. if you do the headwork at the same time the gain will be significant and you'll really know why it was worth building the engine in the first place.

if your building an engine justy do it once the right way

if you cant afford it all in one hit then put your goodies under the bed until you can.

cheers
    linden
    Quote Originally Posted by WHITCHY
    Prefer someone around the Sydney area but will travel a few hours for a good box!

The way I see it is this. If you have any future plan to ever make some power from your 1G, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to own a stroker. Even if you put your stock head and turbo's back on it for now, with just a computer, it will still make more power and spool earlier. Now while this seems a waste, maybe you can afford $4000 inc machining and assembly/gaskets right now, so you do that much. Then at a later date, leave the engine in and whip the head off for some port work and cams, then lastly, play with the bolt ons like turbo etc.

While outright cost will be high when listed as above, its not like we all have to go out and sepnd 9-11k on an engine to get it running.

6BOOST

wire jiggler supreme Backyard Mechanic celicapain's Avatar

im planning on tucking my kit on a shelf(assuming i can find a gen3 crank!) and leaving it there until my current unopened motor shits itself. Then ill build up a serious motor.
    GA23(never finished-now with cracked block ) JZX83 (Tyre eater) 3sgte AE86. by now i should know better.

1G beliver Backyard Mechanic BLK1g-gte's Avatar

Well i am interested in stroking due to the weight of my car...I need torque …but i do not need stronger pistons or top end as i am just chasing up to 220rwkw maximum... while still utilising the blitz hi flow turbos CT-12 that i have on right now..I do not want to change my set up as i just worked too hard to get it to this stage...so what am i looking at is i just want to stroke the 1G and not change anything else....including the ECU. I have piggy backs as you know Kyle to tune fuel and ignition as rough as it may be i don't want to go stand alone. I already have cams and adj. gears as u know. So far I am pushing 180rwkw untuned since the cams (1bar) with auto trans. I am changing the gearbox to manual which will bring the power and torque on much better with 4.44 rear gears in a month. I just want a really responsive combination with heaps of torque in the midrange. I am putting in a fresh 45,000km 1G when I change the box…The engine looks new when I split it.. Just curious what is evolved in changing the crank apart from the bearing.....any opinions..

The reason I don’t want to go single and all that is I worked hard to make it clean bay while still legal as you can see below…

I really don't want to start again.....

Toymods Vice President Chief Engine Builder TheToyman75's Avatar

Kyle,

I haven't posted in this thread because I didn't want to be just one more I want one but can't afford it poster. This is an awesome package so I'll be in touch if I can get something happening.

I can't understand why you haven't had more interest to be honest.
    1971 2T-B Celica TA22 ST.
    1973 2T-G Celica TA22, aka "The Unicorn".
    1975 2T-G Celica TA27 GT
    1976 2T-G Celica TA23, aka "The Colonel".
    1985 3F Auto FJ62 Landcruiser
    1989 7M-GTE MA70 Supra, aka "The Poopra"

History: Rods Classic Celica Sampler thread.

Thanks mate, we may just dig this thread up every few weeks and maybe put it off until early next year so people can save towards it?? I'm in no rush now as I just bought a 800rwhp 26/30 skyline, which needs an engine rebuild and some tlc, but we'll see how it all goes, and maybe we should wait to get more people involved??

As to changing just the crank, thats a no go, and when you add stroke, the piston moves up further, so your stock pistons would stick out the top of the block. There is no way around it other than to put pistons in the engine, the only thing you could get away with is using stock rods, and save yourself $800. Oh, and adding 2mm of stroke without putting in the oversize pistons will also only give you half the capacity increase too, half defeating what your trying to achieve.

Kyle.

I just want a quick clarification.

We send you up the crank, and you do what exactly to it?
    My Dead Supra...

Forum Sponsor Conversion King

the Gen 3 turbo engine has a 44mm big end journal. You can't buy good quality bearings for this journal, as toyota and a cheap manufacturer are the only 2 people that make them, so we grind them down to the Gen 1/2 engine's 42mm big end size. Rather than just take the 2mm off at stock stroke, we offset grind the crankshaft, which yeilds a 77mm stroke, when combined with the 77mm bore gives 2151cc.

6BOOST
    its probly also balanced and nitrided but ill let 6BOOST confirm

cheers
    linden
    Quote Originally Posted by WHITCHY
    Prefer someone around the Sydney area but will travel a few hours for a good box!

she loves me coz im a Conversion King love ke70's Avatar

...The components will come ready to assemble, the crankshafts will be index ground and stroked, nitrided, balanced etc etc...
    Cheers........................6BOOST
    read vewwy vewwy closely
    MY RIDE, 2 Door LHD KE70 sedan with 1G HKS stroker: http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=51760

Punctuation is the difference between 'I helped my Uncle Jack off his horse' and 'I helped my uncle jack off his horse.'

Banned 1st year Apprentice

3k for a stroker kit, wooties
    i'm keen as mustard
    already got gt35r etc so lemme know when this is gonna happen

K_S