Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Toymods Mother club, Classic celicas, sub club

IWRNDU Automotive Encyclopaedia DQIKST's Avatar

Default Toymods Mother club, Classic celicas, sub club

been thinking there isnt too many classic celica clubs, where everything is dedicated to just classic celicas,

cruise,
    meet ups
    family days,
    shows,

i use to be part of a mounties fishing club, but the mother club was Mounties, just wondering if there is interested in doing this with classic celicas?
    ThE wOrLd GoEs RoUnD n RoUnD nOt Up N dOwN
    Daily 76' celica 1GGTE 1125kgs 13.7@ 91mph
    NOS= ITS LIKE A HOT CHICK WITH STD's YOU WANT TO HIT IT BUT ARE SCARED OF THE CONSEQUENCES

whats the gee-ooo with every one having chicks in there avatars
    1980RIP NATHAN BRETT DEAN2007,

one darn good lookin' Grease Monkey psi_guy's Avatar

Default Re: Toymods Mother club, Classic celicas, sub club

(EDIT: sorry its really late and I didn't read your post properly, I've replied talking about forums, but I'll leave mine in case it's of interest )

Sure there would be plenty of interest

Although Australia already has:

http://www.classiccelicas.com.au, which I believe was started by some guys on here, so maybe more of us should go and show our support

Classic Celicas and more
    , thanks to shelldrake - I found my RA23 on these forums

and the world has....
    http://www.classic-celica.com/
    and also
    http://www.toyotanation.com - this isn't entirely classic celicas however

so yeah, it would be cool, but perhaps we could all give greater support to these existing communities?
    Last edited by psi_guy; 19-10-2007 at 12:55 AM.

Junior Member Too Much Toyota oldcorollas's Avatar

btw, there is nothing stopping celica owners from getting together and doing these things...

do you mean you want to be covered by toymods insurance on these "events"?
    "I'm a Teaspoon, not a mechanic"
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

Purple is the new black! Automotive Encyclopaedia sillycar chick's Avatar

Ive been organising cruises and meets for Brisbane, even making up flyers and stuff to get more interest. I think of it more as a "group" than a club, because none of it is official. But theres a LOT of interest for the 3rd cruise so hopefully it just keeps getting bigger

Usually also when I organise cruises I send out a lot of PMs and emails to people I keep finding up here with Celicas.... its kind of like a mailing list come cruise time. Just keep pushing people like I do You can probably use www.classiccelicas.com.au to organise stuff like this, like I have.
    51LII - 1972 TA22 Celica | Morpheous Metallic | 4AGE 20v Silvertop | Razorback ECU | W58
    Toyota Car Club (Qld)

Quote Originally Posted by TheToyman75 View Post
    There is not much hotter than a Freshly painted Celica, Unless its the reflection of a freshly painted Celica on a freshly painted Celica

Former User Conversion King Joshstix's Avatar

One of the aims of Toymods is to promote and encourage the Toyota enthusiast community as a whole. Segregating it out into who owns what model etc doesn't help in this aim at all I'm afraid.

But I guess I should give this some thought. What do you want to achieve by doing this? What advantage would you get over being a member of Toymods, since most of the people that would be members of your proposed club are already members of Toymods? What advantage would there be in this for Toymods community in general? What structure would there be for running such a club?

GT4 Freak, and Conversion King Squid's Avatar

Speaking from experience - it is quite complex to set up sub clubs etc all legally and properly.

Our rugby club is seperated in this way (licensed club seperate to rugby club, seperate to juniors etc) it is done to protect liability and minimise risk (ie rugby club cannot inflict debt on the licensed club and visa versa). But this then create complex issues of ways to share funds between the entities and even more complexities over use of assets. Auditing for our obligations under legislation instantly became far more complex (and expensive).

Unless there is a compelling reason for a sub-club I would advise against it, because unless very carefully set up the toymods board could be held liable for mis-management by a member of such a sub club. In the ACT (pretty sure about nsw) this is a personal liability - ie if a member of the sub club invests some funds in their own interests rather than the interest of their members, the board of Toymods can be held personally liable and face criminal charges - drastic example, but cant be too careful!

I know I am not a financial member, so my say isn't as important as those who are, but speaking from experience, a sub club would be a bad idea in this case.
    ST185 GrpA #116
    ST165 GT4 Project Car - Soon with v6 goodness.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full, rather the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

---------HO00NS---------- Chief Engine Builder IN 05 NT's Avatar

i wouldnt bother......... as mentioned above...it would just be another forum id have to save on the toolbar....

lol

no need for a forum, or another website,

maybe just a little classic celica somthing under the toymods logo,

it was just a thought,
    NOS= ITS LIKE A HOT CHICK WITH STD's YOU WANT TO HIT IT BUT ARE SCARED OF THE CONSEQUENCES

why under the logo? celicas are toymods also.. there is a celica dedicated thread.. you can pm ppl with celics.. you can even set up your own yahoo group or mailing list or MSN list with them as well..

nothing stopping you from doing it the old fashioned way either (ie, paper and stuff)...

ho wmany logos can we fit under the toymods one?

cos if you have a "classic celicas" one.. what abotu newer celicas, old corollas, new corollas, soarers, supras.. and.. well.. every other model car that toyots has made?

i'm not sure why celicas are so special that toymods needs to do something extra just fro them?
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

well there better than corollas thats a start,

My wife loves a Grease Monkey pauljones1976's Avatar

Sillycar Chick,

I'm pretty sure there are liability risks in organising your own events. Even though they are a good idea (simply because they circumvent the issue of people not joining the same club or people who do not wish to join a club), those who are going on them need to be aware that they are classified as an organised event so there could be further consequences if someone has an accident where they are injured or commits an offense while participating.

I'm not saying you are doing anything wrong here (well, as far as i'm concerned anyway), just outlining why DQIKST question exists (I think??).

We used to have a Celica club up here in Brisbane and from what I believe, there were not enough Celica owners interested to the point that they would join and bring funds into the club. I believe the Celica club was named the Toyota Car Club to diversify makes and begin the draw greater numbers of members. Point being, even though there may be more than enough cars, only a percentage of those owners will become part of a club and then a smaller percentage again will participate in events (such as show-n-shines or track days DQIKST).

I'm sure the Chuckster will be able to clarify this further. However, after reading the issue of LEADED which came in the shannons goodie bag at the Classic Japanese day in Brisbane recently, it looks like we can all learn a lot from the MG car club. Maybe what we need are some Tutorial nights like 'How to fix your window regulator' night or something like that which is relevant to those who are in the process of restoring a model? I know if someone was having a free educational session I would attend it if it were relevant to restoring my car regardless of how inconvenient the timing was.

Personally, I think this board gives us a false impression of the possible participation rate in 'real-world' clubs. Just consider how many hours you have free in a week. Then think about WHEN they actually are? Maybe an hour or two on a Sunday? Do you have much free time during the week? I know personally that due to many commitments, I am unable to attend meetings that finish after 8pm on weekdays. That puts me in a position where I can't really make the Toyota Club meetings here in Brisbane. So I haven't joined (yet). I don't know how many of the events I could make due to my free time on weekends being 'unknown factor'. And I know a lot of people who work 6-7 days a week. How do these people attend events? But on the board you can just log-on and discuss whenever it is that you are free.... 1am? 5am? maybe just before dinner? I think this is why there are so many people involved in this forum. It's far more convenient.
    "If you keep fixing it for long enough, eventually it WILL break."

- RA28 3TGTE - I sold it. Bad idea. www.glisten.net.au/celica/index.htm
    - RA23 3TGTE - 168rwkw 12.9sec Toffee Apple [URL="http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/threads/26625-RA23-3TGTE-168rwkw-12-9sec-Toffee-Apple?p=561925#post561925[/URL]

Well said Mr Jones

Quote Originally Posted by DQIKST
    well there better than corollas thats a start,
    Dqikst.... if they were so much better than corollas, don't you think there would be enough celica drivers to start their own club?

(yes i know they have, but you obviously didn't )

btw.. how many clubs is enough? surely a signle big celica dedicated club is enough? any more and you decrease participation in each club.... which is surely against the whole point

and funnily enough... when you do this simple google search
    http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...cr%3DcountryAU
    you get..

Classic Celica Club of Victoria
    SA Classic Celica Club
    Canberra Celica Club

as well as clubs in other countries...

perhaps you can contact one of them so you can organise a state chapter for yourself and your celica driving friends

why cant we have a toymods chapter for classic celicas,

i shouldn't have posted this topic but should have gone straight to the top and asked josh if it is possible,

busy adding lightness Too Much Toyota MR22ZZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joshstix
    One of the aims of Toymods is to promote and encourage the Toyota enthusiast community as a whole. Segregating it out into who owns what model etc doesn't help in this aim at all I'm afraid.

But I guess I should give this some thought. What do you want to achieve by doing this? What advantage would you get over being a member of Toymods, since most of the people that would be members of your proposed club are already members of Toymods? What advantage would there be in this for Toymods community in general? What structure would there be for running such a club?
    ^^^^

but Josh has given his response anyway...
    Past Toyotas - Snow White (TA23), Blue Stivo (ZZE123)
    Current Toyotas - Hamster (AW11)
    Quote Originally Posted by X kyle X View Post
    the aw11 is rougher and more angular so it's sex Appel is more that of Sylvester stalone rather then brad pitt

yes but if i had asked josh personally i wouldnt have had every ones comments, my bad, its all good, toymods is still a great club,