Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1uz ITB manifold adapter plate .dxf file

Cool 1uz ITB manifold adapter plate .dxf file

howdy y'all

its only taken several months, and a total of around 40hours work, but ive FINALLY finished CAD'ing up the 1uz vvti -> rb26dett ITB adapter plate with mounting points for ed's patented twin bar 1:1 throttle linkage system...

this plate will bolt straight down onto the upper manifold of the 1uz vvti, and will then allow the rb26dett 45mm dia individual throttle plates to bolt down onto it with near perfect alignment over the intake runners. The plate is designed to be ported and matched to the throttles in preference to porting the 1uz manifold as there isnt much meat down there. some mild port matching would obviously be required though. stock injector position and mountings are maintaned.

rb26dett throttle positions are in pink over the 1uz runners in black. this isnt the final file, just a pic to demonstrate relative positioning. this design may also be suitable for 2uzfe use, not sure though.

the throttles will be linked by ties rods to two parallel main linkage shafts mounted in the middle on heim joints. in turn, these two shafts are linked together via tie rod ensuring 1:1 relative motion of each shaft, and hence each bank of throttles.

this hasnt actually been machined yet, so im not 100% sure its 100% perfect, but ill be damn suprised if it aint. all paper runs and test mock-ups have worked to ~0.25mm accuracy. ill updtae this thread once its machined and confirm fitting.

the design is available from me in .DXF format - which can be uploaded to most milling machines etc for easy machine work. I can also send it in .DWG .DGN .EPS and .TCW if required. now, seriously, this has taken me ages to figure out, and is a world one-off as far as intended application goes, so i wont be just giving it away. copies of the .dxf will be US$25 via paypal, just email me at: [email protected] for more details

anyway - heres a jpg to get the idea.

NOTE: almost all the holes on the above pic have been randomly moved around a few mm - dont try and steal this and reconstruct it, it wont work

cheers
    ed
    Last edited by ed; 16-03-2006 at 02:30 PM.
    ../delete/ban
    tech moderator
    E46 M3 Nürburgring Nordschleife - 8.38

Toymods Club Member #194 Conversion King Lambolica's Avatar

Default Re: 1uz ITB manifold adapter.dxf file

Ed.... I can pull that jpg and recreate it without paying you the cash.... Might be an idea to change the vertical and horizontal scaling. or remove it all together.

Note not that I have or will. I just don't want to see all your hard work get stolen by someone.

Cheers
    Simon.
    Beige.... The new Black!!!

Wierdo Pervert Grease Monkey fuzz!'s Avatar

$25 ain't exactly a kings ransom. i don't think it's worth anyones time to "work hard to steal" it for that price.

roughly how much would all those nissan TBs cost?

nissan tb's cost about $250 for 6, but you need 8... if you hunt around a bit, and haggle with nissan guys and workshops you can get them pretty damn cheap with all the linkages etc etc... i got my x2 sets of 6 for around $450 total but you could do better if you wanted to.

as much as i dont like the idea of selling it, equally i dont want to just give it away to anyone. even worse, i sure dont want someone 'stealing' it - somehow that seems evcen more loathesome than giving it away... i might just shift a few holes around a few mm on the image above to fuck people up

cheers
    ed
    ../delete/ban
    tech moderator

Toymods Club Member #194 Conversion King Lambolica's Avatar

Cool..... I just don't want too see all hard work goto waste.
    Last edited by Lambolica; 12-02-2006 at 05:12 PM. Reason: I was intoxicatded when I put the origonal post
    Beige.... The new Black!!!

and here's why you might want said adapter plate:

../delete/ban
    tech moderator

Wierdo Pervert Grease Monkey fuzz!'s Avatar

Default Re: 1uz ITB manifold adapter plate .dxf file

jesus ed you're really going all out with this engine (i certainly wouldnt be so bold as to rig my own linkagES). i assume that's pics of your intake/TBs there. would be keen to see pics of the final assembly once you've machined the adapter.

what else do you have planned for it? with a bit more work that thing will go like stink. people tend to give shit to the 1uz because it's pretty conservative and doesn't make big numbers out of the box. what seems to be ignored is the fact that while it might only make ~250hp in stock trim, the dyno charts are almost a flatline, not a horizontal-then-sudden-vertical like forced induction 4's and 6's. with the right computer, headers, injectors and intake what are you hoping to get? 300-400bhp?

edit - good to see some nissan parts being utilised, while this is a toyo forum (giving lend to abuse of other companies), i think nissan make some great gear and should be given the proper respect.
    Last edited by fuzz!; 11-02-2006 at 09:50 PM.

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Ed,

Are you planning to run a vaccum manifold in the valley of the inlet manifold? A pipe that joins all inlet runners and provides a constant vaccum source to feed things like the brake booster.

Cheers,
    Darren.
    Honest honey, I'm just changing the oil this time!!

thats exactly the plan

although we found some funky things in the casting of the manifold yesterday - seems that there's balance tubes cast in between the runners. pretty odd actually. was thinking it would be easy as to tap into these. still to have a proper look at it though - thats next

cheers
    ed
    ../delete/ban
    tech moderator

Yep they look great Carport Converter gianttomato's Avatar

Holley 650 double pumper FTW.

I wouldn't bother with balance pipes FWIW. One runnerwill provide enough vacuum to feed the booster - remember you hit the brakes when you're off throttle so maximal vacuum....

Former User Conversion King Joshstix's Avatar

Pulling vacuum from only one port would be a bit messy for Map sensed angine management though. I don't know if Ed is planning to use map or if he might map with TPS at the smaller opening angles.

Hopefully soon a 5S-GTE Chief Engine Builder MWP's Avatar

Balance pipes will also help smooth idle.

Chookhouse Chooning Automotive Encyclopaedia Hen's Avatar

That is awesome to see, someone being creative. How thick do you plan on making it?

Also are the black holes to bolt it to the 1UZ manifold, and the pink ones where the throttles will bolt in? If so, what do you plan on doing with the holes that overlap?

Hen

balance pipes are already integrated into the manifold (!) so theres no question of them being used at least by the engine to smooth idle - the question is whether or not MAP will be used in tuning, and at this stage i say it will be (in combination with full variable TPS signal). ill thus bridge the balance tubes and make a vacuum manifold, but theres always the possibility that it will get ripped out again - well see when it comes to tuning.

thickness will be in the 12mm zone. where the holes overlap - only along the outside edges - the black holes will be eliminated. that leaves the bolts between the runners to secure the plate to the manifold and seal the runners. its for this very reason that the two 60mm wide 'bridges' are so big - to provide transfer of clamping load across the valley between the two runner banks to make up for this loss in total bolt number
    ../delete/ban
    tech moderator

linkage assembly diagram to assemble with above adapter plate:

from one side to the other:

34mm crank on throttle butterfly
    58.24mm linkage to main shaft crank
    45mm main shaft crank
    34mm main shaft inter-link crank
    63.14mm inter-link linkage
    back to 34mm main shaft interlink crank
    45mm main shaft crank
    58.24mm linkage to crank on throttle butterfly
    34mm crank on throttle butterfly

65.5mm from centreline of throttle axis to centreline of main shaft axis
    89mm centre to centre between the main shafts

cheers
    ed
    Last edited by ed; 21-02-2006 at 12:48 AM.
    ../delete/ban
    tech moderator