Thread: Wakefield Track Day 4th of November

That's me before i was a Conversion King -GT-'s Avatar

Default Wakefield Track Day 4th of November

Well guys, it's been a while since our last one but it's finally on again! And i've been hanging out for it too; it's the longest i've had to go without and i'm not good at that

Anyway, a few of you know the deal by now, but if not, we've booked the track for ourselves, limit the number of cars to ensure heaps of track time and pretty much just run all day. It's $140 and open to anybody, if you don't have a cams licence you can get a wakefield track day licence valid for 12 months for $40 on the day (need a valid driver's licence).

We've only got 6 or 8 spots left, so if you're keen i can pm you my bank details to confirm a spot. It'll be good to see a few of you out there again, and maybe even a couple of new guys. (or girls!)

GT

busy adding lightness Too Much Toyota MR22ZZ's Avatar

Default Re: Wakefield Track Day 4th of November

damn... heading out next Monday to destroy what is left of my stock rubber.

The next time after that will be after I've done, brakes, shocks and swaybars... so could be a while knowing the way I save

Meh, don't need all that fancy stuff to come and have fun! Ok, if you destroy your tires you'll need new rubber, but you'll need'em anyway for the street... plenty of us just run street tires

busy adding lightness Too Much Toyota MR22ZZ's Avatar

I've got new rubber, that's why I'm destroying the old tyres, I've got some new rubber planned for those rims too I may even take the new tyres out for a session of 2 to see how they feel, but they are touring tyres rather than performance.

I just know I've got a fair few things I will need to save for so can't affort a 2nd trip down there right now (especially the fuel)

Yeah, fairymuff, anybody else?

I definitely ain't a Chief Engine Builder wagonist's Avatar

Timed?

I might be interested to see if I could better my lap time of 1:22 considering last time I was worried bout the noises the car was making.

Mind you, the car may be driving to Perth the week after to the new owner, so they may not appreciate me thrashing the crap out of the car (as much as you can in a diesel anyway) that they've paid for

It's not officially timed sessions per se, but there's usually a stopwatch or 2 floating around, and a couple of the organisers drive the same car so they usually have a clipboard and like to compare their times. it's easy enough to get someone to time your laps for a session or 2, we all like to get an idea how we're doing.

Ok, we've got a couple more people confirmed, looking forward to seeing you guys down there. There's 2 and a half weeks to go, and only a couple of spots left. If you're thinking of coming get organised so you don't miss out!