Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: *** Dyno Day History Lesson ***

Board Member Domestic Engineer DavGT4's Avatar

Default Dyno Day 16

...and finally, the full results for the day.

Congrates to all the winners again, and thanx to all who showed up. It would be great to see a few more members at the next though
    Last edited by DavGT4; 09-04-2013 at 08:31 AM.
    Dav Hoban
    Board Member

ST185... Lucifer! - he's back on the road again, woo!
    RA23... The purple poo! - less squeek, more rattle

Default Dyno Day 17

Well to round out another year on the Dyno, we had some very solid performers amongst the select crowd of 35 entries.
    Apart from nursing a hangover, lack of sleep and rocking up a little late (sorry all! ), it wasn't a bad winters morning. Ed's stout 1UZ Supra got us underway setting the benchmark right up there, but there was no shortage of some similar numbers. A couple of Toymods celebrities graced the street after a few years or more of mythical status. Bigworm's 'CLKWRK' RA23 drove up from SA and proceeded to take out his Class making the trip all the more worth while, and the other old favourite of Joe's TA23 came along for the social. I think he was worried the almighty 2T powerhouse would be too much for the Dyno, so it sat looking pretty across the way.
    I think Wilson's St205 also rates a mention, since he first ran a few Dyno Days ago and set an all time new record of 263kw for Top 4WD, then having a few issues in between, he's come back bigger and better abolishing the record once again and taking out his Class!

So without anymore dribble... here's who did what;

Congratulations to all the winners and as always thanx to all who showed up to make it another successful day at SAS.
    I can't go without saying thanx again to Dave and Nath for keeping the cars turning through the Dyno cell, and to the board and the few Toymodders who lent a hand to keep things running smoothly throughout the day.

I hope everyone enjoyed the day...
    Last edited by DavGT4; 09-04-2013 at 08:32 AM.
    Dav Hoban
    Board Member

Default Dyno Day 18

Well that’s it for another successful Dyno Day. Great turn out and nice sunny weather. From what I could tell when I left the Dyno cell, it got a little hot, but I’m sure the cooler of drinks kept everyone happy.

Thanx as always to everyone who came along, without you, we simply don’t have a Dyno Day. It was great to see so many new faces there as well. I hope you all enjoyed the day and got to know a few of us.
    Dave from SAS did a standout job on the Dyno yet again, and Mark worked tirelessly backing on and strapping down the cars.
    Lastly kudos to the board members and club members who helped out throughout the day.
    Last edited by DavGT4; 09-04-2013 at 08:32 AM.
    Dav Hoban
    Board Member

Default Dyno Day 19

Well guys... it was great to see you all turn up for the day!
    It was an awesomely cold morning and I must admit running around in a t-shirt did eventually make the hands go numb. Writing the entrants list was a task early on.
    I was a little surprised not to see a few more FI cars out early and taking advantage of the perfect weather.
    That aside, the day ran well and as always I must thank, firstly, everyone for turning up. It's a reasonably expensive day to run, and without the numbers the club would run at a loss. Secondly, all the guys & girls who pitch in throughout the day, Simon & Rob in the Dyno Cell, Pete & Paul on the BBQ, Kirsty in the office and Rod and River keeping everyone socially amused. All this help keeps the day running as smoothly as it does! Oh, and we can't forget Dave & Tom from SAS.. they do run a very professional Dyno.

On a personal note, I have to say it was absolutely excellent to see so many GT4's in the one place. I don't think we've had that many at a Dyno Day for years. I was so excited I may have wet myself!

So I'll finish rambling now, and below is what you've all been hanging out for - The Results Table!

Congratulations to all the winners!
    Last edited by DavGT4; 09-04-2013 at 08:33 AM.
    Dav Hoban
    Board Member

Post Dyno Day 20

What an excellent day to be out and about. Thanx to all who came along and ran their cars, ate BBQ and helped make Dyno Day 20 a successful event...

Congratualtions to all the winners... and a special mention to John almost taking the F/I Under 1800cc Record..! Next time gadget, next time..
    Last edited by DavGT4; 09-04-2013 at 08:35 AM.
    Dav Hoban
    Board Member

Default Dyno Day 21

So that's another Dyno Day finished for 2011... the weather behaved and held out for us with the clouds dispersed to allow the sun to make an appearance just before lunch. Temps were pretty good for the early runners as the mercury continued to rise through the morning. Bacon & Egg sambos were served up nice and early and fired up again for a mid morning snack.

Due to the lower than average turn out, the last run was just before lunch, so we packed up and called it an early day. The club unfortunately made a loss for the day, but we know we'll be able to make it up with Dyno Day 22 next January. I'd expect all the broken cars this year should be up and running, ready to punch out some good numbers by then. I know my mythical GT4 will be

So thanx to all who came along and took part in DD21. A nice relaxing day with some steady numbers on the rollers. Below is the full results with all the class winners highlighted. Congratulations to all the trophy winners! We will have the trophy presentation at the AGM in February. Hope to see you all there.

Of course, the day couldn't go ahead without Dave and the SAS team. Thanx again for supporting the Toymods Dyno Day, and thanx to the board who helped out in the Dyno cell and behind the BBQ.

Cheers,
    Dav
    Dav Hoban
    Board Member

Default Dyno Day 22

Last Sunday was a great day..! Mother nature turned it on and a whole bunch of you turned up to participate and support the 22nd Toymods Dyno Day. With a total of 39 cars, we kept Dave and Michael from SAS busy till around 3.00pm. We had cars of all sorts including some belonging to girlfriends and mothers.

This Dyno Day was our most successful from the last few years. Coupled with shameless promoting and support from you guys, our sponsors for the day really helped to make the day. A big thanx to DBA for sponsoring the Trophies, and SAS for organising Fenix Radiators, Royal Purple and Meguiar's. The prizes were given away at the end of the day after the Trophy presentation. Killerwatt King had first choice as part of winning the day, then we drew raffle tickets as a lucky door prize for the rest of the prizes.

So... results for the day are;

Congratulations to all the winners!

Thanx to Dave and Michael from SAS, and the guys from the Toymods Board for helping set up and run the day.

Cheers,
    Dav
    Dav Hoban
    Board Member