Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pod Filters-Do they work?

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice

Default Re: Pod Filters-Do they work?

in the corona i used to have i had one of those $20 pods in the position of the air box connected with a mdf bracket and nails it made no noticable difference in preformance or sound unlike when i smashed the exhaust of rocks sounded cool after that

apprentice pwnerer Grease Monkey phrostbyte's Avatar

I didn't have much of a choice with my setup. The old 4k-c had no external airbox, I whacked a $30 MatriX pod filter on the 4age. In a bad position (right infront of the radiator), so when it's cold I actually get more power than when it's warmed up. Eventually I will make some sort of cold air intake, Probably a longer pipe running from the intake, through the radiator support and on the other side of the radiator, so it gets the cold air before the radiator does.

For $30, this pod filter is great and I'd recommend it, there's no restriction what-so-ever (3" outlet going to a 2" 4age input), and it makes for a very nice induction noise.
    RIP Kev. You'll be missed.

Old worklog of the last 2 KE70s (long since updated): http://ke70.theicy.net/
    Current AE71 4AGE Daily Driver (Soon to undergo AE86 front end and rear bumper!!: [COLOR=Blue][url]http://www.toymods.net

Junior Member Grease Monkey

I drove my car with no filter at all for a while and it doesn't seem to make any noticeable different to sound or performancel. To me this is enough proof to why I shouldn't waste money on a pod filter.

Because if no filter make no different I can't see how putting a pod filter (restriction>no filter) would make a different

Quote Originally Posted by Tom86
    I drove my car with no filter at all for a while and it doesn't seem to make any noticeable different to sound or performancel. To me this is enough proof to why I shouldn't waste money on a pod filter.

Because if no filter make no different I can't see how putting a pod filter (restriction>no filter) would make a different
    Because no air filter would have the same surface area as a pod right......

Junior Member Conversion King Jorrs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom86

im sure that did wonders to your motor ?
    open her up and have a look at nice bugs and watnot

Junior Member Conversion King Jorrs's Avatar

point is u need a filter whether it be POD or panel, unless u dont give a crap bout ya motor

Junior Member Chief Engine Builder Classique71's Avatar

Hmms with mine i hear ahell of a lot more induction and spooling noise , but atm its also unshielded in the engine bay - which is bad ...

I think a properly shielded and fed pod would be a very good option to chace if your into tackling it , though having said that , an example of a very very good stock airbox design can be found in your humble VN commodore - it has one of the best setups made out there - matched with a panel of quality it would be up to the task ..

Pity its in a POS car
    Saphira - ST205 Celica GT-FOUR Group A NZ No:1/4
    "Mongrel Garage - back on Aussie soil! "

JZ Powered Too Much Toyota EldarO's Avatar

when i got my new engine in, i didnt put the filter back in, it was too dirty, it was a K&N replacement for the stock ghey one, and it was filthy so we decided not to put it in, ive bought a K&N recharge kit for it, and will clean and replace it when i get it back

will a pod make a difference on a corona? performance wise, no, but it'll give you a noise.

Eldar.O.

apprentice pwnerer Grease Monkey phrostbyte's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Classique71
    ...be found in your humble VN commodore - it has one of the best setups made out there - matched with a panel of quality it would be up to the task ..

Pity its in a POS car
    Ahahah gold, that's almost signature material
    RIP Kev. You'll be missed.

Old worklog of the last 2 KE70s (long since updated): http://ke70.theicy.net/
    Current AE71 4AGE Daily Driver (Soon to undergo AE86 front end and rear bumper!!: [COLOR=Blue][url]http://www.toymods.net