Thread: CA18de into KE1x

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default CA18de into KE1x

new to the forums, just got my hands on a nice ke11 shell. its been stripped and ready for a full re-build. i have a ca18de to put in. if this has been done buy anyone reading. was there any significant hassles to look out for

sir Grease Monkey

Default Re: CA18de into KE1x

just wondering, if your going to the trouble of fitting a de , why not a det. gotta be the best bang for buck in the universe.cheers bigwad

toyota-less Carport Converter skiddz's Avatar

i know of a guy who has/is doing this into a ke10.... he is on rolla club and his username is bender
    2T out 4A in....

4A out 3VZ in. 3vzfe rebuild, RWD-ising, and conversion for ta22

Hachi Rusto Backyard Mechanic Julz01's Avatar

yea very true not really worth going for de when you can put the det in and only other real trouble with it will be doing the intercooler piping . If you want a NA motor why not a 4age , at least there are alot more moding options for it then the ca18de

Blasphemist Chief Engine Builder Bananaman's Avatar

Well, speaking from experience with my ke20 (and i can only assume ke10 is smaller) - to get the engine far back enough to clear the swaybar, this put the shifter back to the point of needing some taken out of the seat rail that runs across the floor. To have it in this spot and keep it low, also needed a bit notched out of the brackets that go from block to bellhousing, to clear the steering properly.

Like i said could be different for ke10, but if anything i'd assume its worse.

The CA's are pretty heavy units, you're not taking advantage of their solidness () by running a turbo, you're going to have a heavy engine and not alot of power to show for it
    KE20 CA18DET / RN25 12R / IS200 1G / NA MX5 B6

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

got the shell and motor,box,loom,extractors as a package off a mate. there always the option of running some boost later.

The Evil Director Backyard Mechanic jfallen's Avatar

I'll sell you my spare turbo CAmanifold and GTiR T28 for $340, I'll drop it off. worth the effort as the DE motors while solid are fairly limited, and the extra effort for turbro power is very small.

Cheers
    Jordan
    Past rides: 86 Hilux, 3x ke55 rollas's (2coupes,) 5th Gen GT4 x2, RA28, TA22 x3, KE10, P610 datto, RT40 corona x3, RT132, MX13

Currrent: , CA-A22 Celica living life as a Sports Sedan, 2000model ST215W Caldina GT-T manual, RT40 corona.

Blasphemist Chief Engine Builder Bananaman's Avatar

I binned a standard exh manifold, and will likely do the same with the standard dump unless i get it running using it to start with.. it'd be very cheap to convert, but i guess the DE doesn't have oil squirters?
    KE20 CA18DET / RN25 12R / IS200 1G / NA MX5 B6