Thread: Over heating

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default Over heating

Lately my 85 rolla has started overheating...
    i have discovered that my radiator fans do not come on... thus causing my car to get hot.
    I have checked the fuses and the appear to be working, i do not know what else i can do...
    is there anyone local who could maybe have a look at it for me?
    Dont get mad get money!!

ditty man Grease Monkey

Default Re: Over heating

Quote Originally Posted by GMSkitz
    Lately my 85 rolla has started overheating...
    i have discovered that my radiator fans do not come on... thus causing my car to get hot.
    I have checked the fuses and the appear to be working, i do not know what else i can do...
    is there anyone local who could maybe have a look at it for me?
    how long did you wait for the fans to find out they wont come on?? check your relay's also, should be in the fuse box in the bay.. connection may be dodgy or somthn, try either cleaning connections or pushin them down over the terminals... but more than likely relay prob if there both not working.

I wouldn't trust a... Conversion King Smokey228's Avatar

hey man. i had same problem for like the last 3 months

-so ur fans dont come on at all? did it over heat in traffic or it over heated whilst moving...??
    -try unplug the thermo switch, and does the fan come on?
    -if it doesnt come on, check if the fan starts up at all... run a temp wire straight from the fan to the battery.
    -if the fan doesnt work thats ur problem. if it does than check if the a/c fan comes on buy turning a/c on... if it doesnt come on then it could be ur engine main relay(that was my problem)
    -if u dont have a/c then find sum1 wif a rolla like urs, and swap each rellay over untill u find one that doesnt work.

so step 1, ull work out if its the thermo switch, if the fans dont come on wen u unplug them then it could be sumfin further down the track.or it could be both

step 2, u check to make sure ur fans actualy work. if they do then u move to the relays.

step 3, check ur relays. if its none of the fan ones try the engine ones.

it should work, if it doesnt then maybe time for a auto elec, or sum1 else might help ya.
    JZA023
    11.51 @ 126MPH | 430RWHP @ 21PSI

Quote Originally Posted by YLD-16L
    Cuzzo is such a premature ejaculator he fertilised the very egg that he grew from

ST185 GrpA #135 Automotive Encyclopaedia Toobs's Avatar

Unplug the temperature switch from the bottom tank of your radiator... the fans should come on when the ignition is on and temp switch is unplugged.
    If they come on then your fans / relays are fine and you may have a dicky temperature switch... if they don't then check all of the relays and fuses.

I wouldn't trust a... Conversion King Smokey228's Avatar

i think the thermo switch is on the thermostat housing wif the rollas. atleast it was on mine. easy enough, check both spots...
    JZA023
    11.51 @ 126MPH | 430RWHP @ 21PSI

Quote Originally Posted by YLD-16L
    Cuzzo is such a premature ejaculator he fertilised the very egg that he grew from

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Thanks for the help guys....
    I't look's like i need to take it to a auto elec, because i honestly have no idea what the heck im looking at....
    Dont get mad get money!!