Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RA60-65 Compatibility

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Talking RA60-65 Compatibility

Hi guys,

About to get cracking on a manual conversion for my RA60 shittah... Looking for a parts car. Found a really cheap manual RA65. Would i be able to complete the conversion with parts purely from this donor? Or is the possibility of conversion dependent on the engine and box thats in the donor car. I am aware that any 'W' series box should do the job... so i assume it has something along those lines... but i am more concerned about all the rest... clutch and associated parts... etc...

Thanks,

Steve0

Default Re: RA60-65 Compatibility

hey matey, muzza has a rt132 corona for sale, as far as im aware they're mechanically identical to the ra60 ie 21r-c, w50 box etc and its cheap :-) yes ur looking for a 'w' series g/box, tailshaft might hav to be changed, not sure.

Current UZA80 owner Chief Engine Builder JustCallMeOrlando's Avatar

An RA65 will be fine for a manual gearbox conversion. Everything should just bolt in.
    Teh UZA80 - Project Century - Remotely p00'd by association

yes, everything will swap over from the ra65 donor to you ra60, completely without issue. youll need g/box, tailshaft, bellhousing, fork, cyl, clutch, flywheel and spigot bearing, clutch lines, clutch master and pedal assembly.

g/box x.member shouldnt need swapping, but have it handy anyway just incase

cheers
    ed
    ../delete/ban
    tech moderator
    E46 M3 Nürburgring Nordschleife - 8.38

Thumbs up Re: RA60-65 Compatibility

Thanks guys,

Will get onto it and let ya know how it goes. First of many trials and tribulations for the AutoX-shittah...

Cheers,

Steve0
    Last edited by AutoXCelica; 04-02-2006 at 06:23 PM. Reason: New posts

Quote Originally Posted by Corona_82
    hey matey, muzza has a rt132 corona for sale, as far as im aware they're mechanically identical to the ra60 ie 21r-c, w50 box etc and its cheap :-) yes ur looking for a 'w' series g/box, tailshaft might hav to be changed, not sure.
    Thanks mate. If u have contact details for muzza pm with them. But this ra65 is REALLY cheap... and it seems no hassle to bolt straight in... but if this corona is cheaper... i will think about it... cheers anyway...

Steve0

Yeah matey well u can pm muzza if u like, but yeah the ra65 sounds good if its cheap, u get the bonus as well of swapping the irs rear end if u can be bothered as well :-) Hope all goes well champ

User Conversion King

Quote Originally Posted by Corona_82
    Yeah matey well u can pm muzza if u like, but yeah the ra65 sounds good if its cheap, u get the bonus as well of swapping the irs rear end if u can be bothered as well :-) Hope all goes well champ
    the RA65 IRS isnt a straight swap unless you want to cut your floor out with a grinder and weld in the new section. RA65 IRS is also drum
    hello

Forum Member Grease Monkey

My RA65 has Disks all the way around. Then again I am a Yank

Yeah not worried about the IRS conversion for the moment. But maybe in the future. Sounds like a big job though !

Rest in Peace Conversion King ViPeR_NiPPleX's Avatar

how bad is the ra65 shell ? id go the whole thing if u were considering IRS....

Is a Chief Engine Builder wilbo666's Avatar

I have a recollection that the hard clutch line (that goes along the firewall) is different between RA60 and RA65, SA63, MA61 (I am definite that SA63 and MA61 have the slave mounted on the passenger side). If I recall correctly the RA60 line goes to the drivers side and the others go to the passenger side. And if I am correct that must mean that the bellhousing must also be different...the clutch slave will also be different. If they are different I am not sure if they are interchangeable (space restrictions?).

Cheers
    Wilbo

User Conversion King

RA60 and RA65 have the slave cylinder both on the drivers side. they both run a R engine so the bellhousings are identical.

there is also other weird stuff on the RA65 that i have no idea what its for
    if you look at the RA65 clutch pedal box, there is like 3 pivot points?!?! the RA60 has one.

then there is some alloy thing in line with the clutch fuild line that appears to do nothing its bolted to the firewall, beside the clutch master.
    hello

Is a Chief Engine Builder wilbo666's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brett_celicacoupe
    RA60 and RA65 have the slave cylinder both on the drivers side. they both run a R engine so the bellhousings are identical.

there is also other weird stuff on the RA65 that i have no idea what its for
    if you look at the RA65 clutch pedal box, there is like 3 pivot points?!?! the RA60 has one.

then there is some alloy thing in line with the clutch fuild line that appears to do nothing its bolted to the firewall, beside the clutch master.
    Yah there are two differant types of pedals, tho I have seen MA61's with either types...they are both just a pedal tho

Happy to admit that I was wrong on the RA65 / RA60 being diff line setups...

Cheers
    Wilbo

Rest in Peace Conversion King ViPeR_NiPPleX's Avatar

i think the steering columns vary slightly? i know the covers that go around where the ign barrel are definately different.