Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: *** September Social Event: 23rd September - Huntley Hill Climb ***

Junior Member Too Much Toyota RONA's Avatar

Default Re: *** September Social Event: 23rd September - Huntley Hill Climb ***

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSupra
    There were some scary fast cars which was confirmed later in the afternoon when unfortunetly there was a large accident involving an open wheel jedi race car that saw the track closed, racing cancelled and a large fleet of emergency vehicles attending the scene.
    Ouch was it the chick or guy driving the Jedi, hopefully they aren't seriously injured because if its one of the 2 I'm thinking of they are at all the events and set some sacrily fast times that are awesome to watch.

PS times for nathan I wanna know if my p00 is still quicker.
    If in doubt power out

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic

hey guys

was a good day i improved my time down to a 30.91 on run three but like old mate said the day was cut short by a scary acident. Hope all is ok there.

It was the lady from what ive heard rona.

i cant remember your times rona i hope mine were quicker If i had of had my next three runs i would of cracked the 30's.

cheers guys

I definitely ain't a Chief Engine Builder wagonist's Avatar

Despite the seriousness of the accident, and I sincerely hope the driver has pulled through ok, I thought it a little bit comically about the number of Police vehicles that showed up.
    Obviously, a bit of a slow day in the Gong...

Would've loved to have seen the action from the top, but next time
    You'll have to hurry up & post some pics Dylan.
    Show peeps what they're missing.

busy adding lightness Too Much Toyota MR22ZZ's Avatar

Yes, I hope the person driving the Jedi is OK, they are seriously quick through the esses, but the accident certainly didn't sound good.

I'll get the pics up in the next few days.
    Past Toyotas - Snow White (TA23), Blue Stivo (ZZE123)
    Current Toyotas - Hamster (AW11)
    Quote Originally Posted by X kyle X View Post
    the aw11 is rougher and more angular so it's sex Appel is more that of Sylvester stalone rather then brad pitt

i 8 a p00 Carport Converter rob's Avatar

Fletcher are you able to let us know if she's ok.

on a lighter note i managed to shave about 1.2 seconds off my time so my simple mods did work which is good to know.

nathan you vid is good

i am looking forward to pics
    - ma61 + 2jz-gte + v160 + 3.5 torsen

Junior Member Domestic Engineer psychofox's Avatar

What a great day until 2pm. I'm sorry to everyone who came down after the accident to come down for nothing.

Prior to the accident what a great day of racing. Peter Gumley broke his own club record on his first run with a Blistering 19.49 seconds (the open record for State Championship roundds still stands at 19.42seconds). We had a look at his datalogger and he was doing 184Km/h before he backed off for the fork, 100.4 was the slowest through the esses and was doing 171 km/h over the finish line. 3 class records broken (SV >3L, type 4 0-1600cc and Type 5 > 3L).

After the accident the meet was cancelled, with the police taking control of the accidnet scene and the track. The driver was taken to hospital and as far as I am aware he is still in intensive care in a critical condition. The police conducted an accident investigation and impounded the car. We have not found the results of ths investigation, I think they will notify CAMS directly about the results. The car was a mess after the accident and will never be able to be driven again.
    Wollongong Sporting Car Club - Secretary
    Current Cars:
    2004 TW Magna VR-X AWD w/6G74 - Tow Car
    1989 AW11 MR2 w/4A-GE 20V - Track Car

Quote Originally Posted by naten
    hey guys

was a good day i improved my time down to a 30.91 on run three but like old mate said the day was cut short by a scary acident. Hope all is ok there.

cheers guys
    My PB stands at 30.21, whats with the using 3rd gear thing, what speeds are you hitting, I just wind out second and leave it there that way the cars more balanced coming through the esses.

On another note, that doesn't sound very good at all Fletcher also hope it doesn't spell the end of Huntley as it is a great cheap way to get into motorsport and the guys at WSCC always do a great job of running the day.
    If in doubt power out

I definitely ain't a Chief Engine Builder wagonist's Avatar

I doubt it'll go away.

It was an event held on a closed public road.
    There was a big accident. Of course the police are going to do an investigation, and of course, CAMS will want a report seeing as they sanctioned it.
    I'm sure it's not the first time something like this has happened.

basically i take off and plant it flat all the way through the fork

downshift to second for the esses and hit third again across the line

through the fork im doing around around 130-140 (not watching speedo) way to high for 2nd gear

so you dont go above 100 km/h? you must be killing me in the corners then.

on that run i fucked the launch and compression locked up into the start of the esses so i have no doubt with more skill the car could do a quicker time.

I sit on about 105-110 flat out at the fork (right near the limiter in second) and then just slightly touch the brakes and lift off for the essess and get back on the gas and power through, generally exiting on a good run at 80-85kmph then cross the line near the limiter in second.
    If in doubt power out

hmmm i think im loosing most of my time through the esses cuz im carrying more speed through the fork and more speed over the line.

probably where ur suspension comes in, flat through the fork feels iffy as

oh btw i have a w57 so my ratios are a lil gayer then yours (2nd still hits 100 tho its past 7.5k)

i 8 a p00 Carport Converter rob's Avatar

pics plz mr22zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    - ma61 + 2jz-gte + v160 + 3.5 torsen

busy adding lightness Too Much Toyota MR22ZZ's Avatar

sorry, still been processing the 800 odd shots I took over in Belgium in the previous week but will get them done tonight
    Past Toyotas - Snow White (TA23), Blue Stivo (ZZE123)
    Current Toyotas - Hamster (AW11)
    Quote Originally Posted by X kyle X View Post
    the aw11 is rougher and more angular so it's sex Appel is more that of Sylvester stalone rather then brad pitt

awesome did you take any video aswell?

fletcher: those speeds are insane.....