Thread: What is going on ? 4agze probs

working hard Backyard Mechanic

Default What is going on ? 4agze probs

Hey guys i am having some problems with my ae82 4agze ... when i rev it out hard in first and second ... 2nd gear just skyrockets up to rev limiter even when taking foot off accellerater, like the revs just get stuck and it rises to the limiter untill i turn car off or change gears ... it only happens some times but its happened 3 times in the last 2 days, i dont know what could be causing it so i am assuming its my clutch slipping "never experienced one go" ? also i have noticed my rev limiter in 2nd has droped from 95ish to 80ish as in i get to 80km @ 7700rpm max in 2nd but before i got to 95km @ 7700rpm max.

The reason i am asking this is i removed the abv on my 4agze and blocked off the outlet of the charger.. Before i did this it never happened so i am trying to find if its the removed abv or just a coincidence this is happening now.

I am pretty sure its not the removed abv but i cant be sure as the car runs a EMS stinger which may need the abv for functional operation

Hope this makes sense as i need an explantion please

anti blasphemy ! Carport Converter

Default Re: What is going on ? 4agze probs

when i used to blow an intercooler pipe off it would rev to limiter.
    how is your clutch on your supercharger activted ?
    put the abv back just do the mods to the vac lines from the vsv.
    i dont have a funny or cool signature.

working hard Backyard Mechanic

its controlled via ems its not the intercooler pipes.. I am gonna have to put it back to standard and trial it

Chookhouse Chooning Automotive Encyclopaedia Hen's Avatar

If you take your foot off the accelerator and the engine still revs to redline then you have a major problem. It sounds like a sticky throttle or possibly a massive vacuum leak. I'd put my money on sticky throttle though. Pull it apart and make sure it moves easily and lube it.

If you clutch is slipping then you will see/feel the engine RPM changing without the car speed changing (sort of like an auto). Given your comment about a different speed at redline in 2nd this could also be happening.

Sounds like 2 seperate problems.

Hen
    I need a working 4AGE bottom end. Pref smallport GZE, but all others considered. Also complete motors.
    Drift Volvo. Was fun. 2JZ next time.

what? Automotive Encyclopaedia EVOSTi's Avatar

yeah as hen said sounds like possibly its the throttle sticking, clean/lube throttle botterfly, but more importantly remove the throttle cable and check that it moves freely inside the casing. casing might be broken somewhere causing it to jam.