Thread: quick jza70 questions - easy top fix?

Default quick jza70 questions - easy top fix?

hey all. . . .

car in question is a 90 jza70

1.) the lamps in the foglights of my supra are prissy and they are like parking lights not foglights, and the switch on the dash doesnt do anything either, despite being wired up . . is there a fix?

2.) the steering boot on the rigth side is totally fucked and there is sand on that rod inside the boot. . . i think there is power steering leaking fluid from somewhere too . . do i need a new steering rack or is it all good and i ju8st need to replace the boot and clean that rod up?

3.)is there a way to tell if the oxygen sensor is ruined? the car is grossly overfuelling at idle and under load to the point where plenty of smoke just pours out the exhaust, and its definatly fuel. how can i sort this out? can the car be run without the oxy sensor plugged in or is it really needed??
    '88 Soarer GT-L
    '90 Supra Aerotop

Default Re: quick jza70 questions - easy top fix?

1 are they the standard fog lights?, are they getting 12v? what is the condition of the globes? the switch on the dash should control them when driving and or parking lights are activated, so someone has stuffed around with the wiring, check it over...
    if everything is fine and the bulbs are just dull, pull one bulb out and take it to a automotive shop to match up with another newie, there is no application listing for driving light style bulbs so you have to take an example in with you. Narva make a replacement bulb called 'plus 30 & plus 50'. they increase intensity and beam distance 30 & 50% repectively at the same power rating.

2 small leaks are pretty common from the rack, if its minor just visit a car store and get some universal rack boots, dont forget to take your old one in to get a similar size. and yeah clean the shit off the rod before you install the new boot.
    if its a serious leak, look at having the rack checked out and or rebuilt. no cheap...

3. the oxygen sensor allows the computer to improve fuel economy when cruising and also helps the efficiency of the cat converter. its not totally neccessary you can try unplugging it to see if it helps your situation. you can also try resetting the ecu by leaving it unplugged for a few hours.
    JZA70|R / 12.45 @ 111 mph.

alrighty then thanks alot. . . .
    check this out. . .
    the ligths that are meant to go on the front indicators in the "middle" of each indicator were in the foglamps. . . and hence there fuckall intensity presumably to comply with WA parklamp laws? so new globes in and ok. .
    for reference they are 55w H3.

reset ecu and the fueeling problem persists. . . looks like ill try disconnecting and see how it goes huh. i can still plug an SAFC in to correct it right?
    '88 Soarer GT-L
    '90 Supra Aerotop

yeah but it obviously has a problem, you dont want to add a fuel controller to fix this problem.
    JZA70|R / 12.45 @ 111 mph.