Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 1jz in 96 hilux dual cab 4x4

sir Grease Monkey

Default 1jz in 96 hilux dual cab 4x4

been driving the family wagon around for a couple of weeks now and it can be best described as a very angry hilux .if anyone wants info on this conversion just ask . all the work was done in the garage here except the loom conversion. i flogged a turbo 180sx the other night .certainly got the young hoons attention and made all the work seem worth it but the daggers from the passenger seat were preety severe. cheers bigwad.

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia infotechplus's Avatar

Default Re: 1jz in 96 hilux dual cab 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by big wad
    been driving the family wagon around for a couple of weeks now and it can be best described as a very angry hilux .if anyone wants info on this conversion just ask . all the work was done in the garage here except the loom conversion. i flogged a turbo 180sx the other night .certainly got the young hoons attention and made all the work seem worth it but the daggers from the passenger seat were preety severe. cheers bigwad.
    You got photos? We wanna see 'em!

cheers,

Peter
    OMG - Winner of the Official "Forum Comment of the Week"!

Breaker OfThe Unbreakable Backyard Mechanic Herus's Avatar

Im in for photos on that..

As theres at least 12 months till i start my Conversion, i was looking at slightly more options...

Good to see you still around as well Peter, i miss reading your conversion thread every night

Andrew
    Member's ride thread!

Joined Team BHG, 19/7/2008

Joined Team JZX83, 15/11/08

sir Grease Monkey

i have just spent [wasted ] an hour trying to put some pics on and have given up . i know fa about puters and it keeps asking for a url what the f--k is a url .grrr i give up , old blokes and puters not a good mix. i will get the kids to do it for me later .cheers bigwad

i have just spent [wasted ] an hour trying to put some pics on and have given up . i know fa about puters and it keeps asking for a url what the f--k is a url .grrr i give up , old blokes and puters not a good mix. i will get the kids to do it for me later .cheers bigwad
    Get the kids to set you up with a Photobucket account. The you can upload all your photos there, and just past the links (URLs) into a thread here. The photos will automatically be displayed.

PS. I know that oversimplifies the process but I'm sure you're kids can show you how. Once you've done it a couple of times, it's easy. Trust me.

Cheers,

Peter

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia 2jzhilux's Avatar

hey im up for pics of this as my 2j will be similar
    will be good to know what im in for

sir Grease Monkey

i will get the local computer wizz to do it caus none of us can .and if you are gunna put a 2j in one save yourself a heap of dramas and put your handbrake on the floor caus the 2j is a bit taller than a1j and it fouls on the rear turbo intake .thats if you are using the hilux 5 speed in standard position.cheers bigwad

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic DLA11D's Avatar

i will get the local computer wizz to do it caus none of us can .and if you are gunna put a 2j in one save yourself a heap of dramas and put your handbrake on the floor caus the 2j is a bit taller than a1j and it fouls on the rear turbo intake .thats if you are using the hilux 5 speed in standard position.cheers bigwad
    It also fouls on the booster.

Bigwad how did you do the handbrake on the floor?? Have you got pics??

i will probably get a 4 runner handbrake setup with the wheel and cable on the inside
    not sure what i will do about the booster might just get a e bay manifold and a gt35/40 single
    pics of the handbrake setup would be nice and i am keeping/swapping it to auto

sir Grease Monkey

i recessed part of the firewall then had to modify the handbrake mechanism . my 1j doesnt go anywhere nere the booster. if you run the auto are you going to run a separate transfer case . just thinking if you are talking 2wd all i know is the engine sits about 60mm higher and you wont be worried about a transfer case.i am thinking about putting the photo,s on ebay to give youz a squiz caus i know how to do that, i think i,m starting to sound like a real hillbilly. cheers bigwad

i recessed part of the firewall then had to modify the handbrake mechanism . my 1j doesnt go anywhere nere the booster. if you run the auto are you going to run a separate transfer case . just thinking if you are talking 2wd all i know is the engine sits about 60mm higher and you wont be worried about a transfer case.i am thinking about putting the photo,s on ebay to give youz a squiz caus i know how to do that, i think i,m starting to sound like a real hillbilly. cheers bigwad
    Email me the photos and I will host them on my Photobucket account.

infotechplus at tpg dot com dot au

change the "at" to "@" and the "dot" to "." and you'll be sweet.

Cheers

Peter

sir Grease Monkey

ok i just sent you a pic , hope it got there. if not go to www.msnusers.com/angrycars .sorry to bugger you blokes around. cheers bigwad

i vote keep the 2.8 diesel badges

ok i just sent you a pic , hope it got there. if not go to www.msnusers.com/angrycars .sorry to bugger you blokes around. cheers bigwad
    And here they are ...

Cheers,

Peter
    Last edited by infotechplus; 11-06-2007 at 05:52 AM. Reason: Added three more photos

sir Grease Monkey

youre a bloody legend pete thanks for putting these photo,s on and yes the 2.8 badges are staying .sounds a bit like all the wankers that used to put 5.8 badges on their 4.9 falcons.not .cheers bigwad and by the way i bought the bare bellhousing off pete jacobs is he on this forum .