Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1jz in 96 hilux dual cab 4x4

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default Re: 1jz in 96 hilux dual cab 4x4

Pete Jacobs bellhousing. Can you tell me where he is and any other info on the bellbousing ? Thanks. Dave

sir Grease Monkey

he was a bloke on ebay that had cast afew bellhousings, but they needed a lot of finishing .i think a normal jz to w bellhousing will do the trick ,just a bit pricey.cheers bigwad

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Thanks for the info Big Wad. Dave

sir Grease Monkey

ok guys i,ve finished collecting all the bits for my single conversion.i,ve got a gt 3071r garrett ,4inch dump, a bucket full of buttweld fittings a few laser cut bisalloy flanges and a sheet of laminated gasket material. i,ll deal with the oil lines ,water lines ,air filter and cooler piping once the turbo is mounted.if anyone is interested i,ll put some photo,s on . all up the whole job will cost under $1300. i,m hoping this setup will be quite responsive. cheers bigwad

is a semi-motivated Domestic Engineer 1JZ~lux's Avatar

Photos would be great.
    Tell me do you still use it for 4x4ing?? If so how does it go??
    Petrol is for washing parts, alcohol's for drinking but NITRO IS FOR RACING!
    My pictures, Returning some time in the distant future.
    RN85 Hilux + 1JZ-GTE = 298.0HP @ 14PSI -- 60' 1.956 ET 13.775 MPH 99.49
    Project Korruption - Stage 1: The Resto. KE35 Corolla Hardtop daily driver

sir Grease Monkey

i just started stripping it tonight and found a little ceramic impeller in the muffler [funny that]. even with a rooted turbo it is still the ultimate on the beach and in the bush. it averages over 400k,s a week just travelling to work. just yesterday i cut a couple of meters of firewood and managed to get it all on with the tailgate dropped, at least i won,t have that cloud following me anymore. it also doubles as the family wagon my boys love it. i,ve just got to work this photo bucket thing out now. cheers bigwad

sir Grease Monkey

i,ve only started pulling this thing apart again today, that bloody charade just cost me a month of spare time [again]. anyways what a prick of a thing to dismantle ,i pity you blokes that are working on imports ,the engine bays look prity cramped to me. i,ve been looking at the little 3 into 1 turbo manifolds and they are quite nasty little things ,so rather than make a 2 into 1 adaptor to mount the turbo i think i,ll just modify the ebay special that i got cheap, caus it is supposed to be for a 2jzge. mind you it looks bloody close to me ,i hope to find out tomorrow. cheers .bigwad

sir Grease Monkey

i finished pulling those frigging twins off last night,oh what a lovely job. i,ve lucked in with that ebay manifold ,it was supposed to be for a 2jzge {NOT} it bolts up to my 1jz nicely except fof the wastegate dump which i don,t need anyway.i,ll do a bit of cutting and shutting tonight and see what it looks like. cheers bigwad

sir Grease Monkey

another update. that ebay manifold ended up being off a 2jzgte so i modified it to fit my 1jz and wacked a t28 flange on it ,bolts up fine now,the oil drain back to sump was a bit tricky ,i think the asians forgot about it when designing the manifold. i had to delete 1 water feed and 1 water return line but i used the other oil feed for a oil pressure gauge. the standard bov has been relocated and now it vents to atmosphere. if i take some more photo,s can i email them to someone who can put them on here for me. cheers bigwad

sir Grease Monkey

well i,ve been trying to get the breakdown out of this engine.first off i upped the boost to 13psi and it accelerated much earlier ,then i dropped the fuel pressure to 35psi and guess what ,it pulls like a 16 year old boy from about 1600 rpm to as far as i am game. it just gets better. cheers bigwad

is a semi-motivated Domestic Engineer 1JZ~lux's Avatar

You dropped fuel pressure and it started pulling harder? I would have thought it would be the other way around.
    Petrol is for washing parts, alcohol's for drinking but NITRO IS FOR RACING!
    My pictures, Returning some time in the distant future.
    RN85 Hilux + 1JZ-GTE = 298.0HP @ 14PSI -- 60' 1.956 ET 13.775 MPH 99.49
    Project Korruption - Stage 1: The Resto. KE35 Corolla Hardtop daily driver

sir Grease Monkey

it isn,t as responsive when you get straight on the loud pedal with the fuel pressure at 35 psi . at 65 psi it pigrooted like a bastard and felt flat when it was wot. another lesson learned. cheers bigwad

30DET... The only way. Carport Converter Kyosho's Avatar

If it's on stock ecu it's just leaned out a touch hence able to make more power.
    My Dead Supra...
    Quote Originally Posted by ReQuieM in the A70 Thread
    There is some serious talent in this thread for linking anything to fuckin gay sex. Its extraordinary.

sir Grease Monkey

when i first fitted the 1jz the fuel rail pressure was 35psi with the standard reg .i may have stuffed up when i fitted a rising rate adjustable reg. cheers bigwad

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia 2jzhilux's Avatar

pics??????