Thread: Escape Club car cruise this Sunday morning (10/6)

TA22 Junkie Backyard Mechanic Silly Rabbit's Avatar

Default Escape Club car cruise this Sunday morning (10/6)

Just a quick note to inform anyone who is interested of a cruise this Sunday. It is run by a group called the Escape club (Escape stands for something but I can't remember) anyhow it starts at the Nunawading council offices at 7.15 a.m (yeah probably too early for everyone )....the route will run for approx 2 hours and end up at Westerfolds park in Doncaster after a good blast through what always happens to be good roads and nice scenery. The club is a bunch of enthusiasts who have a passion for more classic machinery i.e MG's, Austin Healeys, Triumphs and pretty much anything else with a chrome bumper and a good exhaust note. They encourage anyone to come along and enjoy a good thrash on a Sunday morning but don't think too highly of stupid driving and excessive speed. Just thought I would let people know and see if anyone else would turn up. It's a good social bunch of guys and they are only too willing to talk about their cars, oh and they usually get around 30-40 cars each run. I will be taking my green '74 and my friend will be turning up in his 240z so if you can drag yourself out of bed early and enjoy the cold air to give you that few extra horsepower then I hope to see you down there. If you need any more info just let me know and if you are coming they leave on the dot of 7.15 so get there by 7.00 to check the cars out and get sorted.

Cheers
    “From the five years, 1968-73, if you were an F1 driver at that time, there was a very likely chance that you would have died.”
    - Jackie Stewart
    (now that's my type of racing )

Is a Self Employed Grease Monkey wombat's Avatar

Default Re: Escape Club car cruise this Sunday morning (10/6)

Pitty I'll be in Albury all this weekend. Sounds like this would have been a good one to go to

TA22 Junkie Backyard Mechanic Silly Rabbit's Avatar

..hey they run the 2nd sunday of each month all year so if needs be you can come on the next one . The early starts are a bitch but the roads are clear and it's the best time of the day.......if you get to bed by 9 the night before!
    “From the five years, 1968-73, if you were an F1 driver at that time, there was a very likely chance that you would have died.”
    - Jackie Stewart
    (now that's my type of racing )

Is a Self Employed Grease Monkey wombat's Avatar

that sounds good.
    you got a link to a site for them?
    might see if TCCA want this in the mag so we can have some club cars get along to this

Lick my hairy Backyard Mechanic Turdinator's Avatar

Bugger! I'm gunna be in Ballarat this weekend otherwise i'd come for a look.

Have fun and get some pics if you can.