Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: 1JZ / 2JZ into MA61 / MZ10 Guide.

Toymods V8 Member Too Much Toyota CrUZida's Avatar

Default Re: 1JZ / 2JZ into MA61 / MZ10 Guide.

If not, just do what everyone else does, put the engine and gbox in, and measure it!!!!
    Peewee
    1985 MZ12 Soarer - 1UZ Powered
    2013 86 GTS

Is a Chief Engine Builder wilbo666's Avatar

Hmm, had a quick look and couldn't find my post, so I looked at my pictures I have....

Bellhousing (both xJZ) to end of tailshaft dust cover
    W58 = ~705mm
    R154 = ~735mm

Going off the list I posted here it might be worth looking at MX83...

Cheers
    Wilbo
    Wilbo's Wiki (Includes 2JZ-GTE Wiring, etc! )

Wilbo's JZA80
    Wilbo's JZZ12

Toymods Club Member Backyard Mechanic auto351's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    auto351
    As a matter of good practice you would include ECU cat.# in your post. The number is found on top ECU lid, it starts from 89661. This would save lots of time spend on guessing otherwise.

Generally, connectors look like mfg. date is way earlier 1995. So I would assume jzx90, jzs14..
    The ecu no. appears to be 89661-30750 aristo aug 1993 to aug 1994.

We have most of the wiring done but have a few Questions

1) where is the best place to get a Tacho converter ?
    2) We wired the starter motor cable into body loom plug, But the car can be started when not in P or N, the engine is a factory auto.
    3) The Diagnostic wires which run into the body loom plug, are these wired into a incar diagnostic plug or just left not connected ?

C2H5OH Powered Automotive Encyclopaedia George's Avatar

1 depends on whether you need to correct its reading or just make it work
    2 engine loom includes (SURPRISE) wires coming from the auto. You should manually connect neutral start switch, ECU pins STA, NSW, ignition key, starter relay and starter wire in the way your wiring diagram suggests.
    3 it depends. Generally you only want to connect your warning light and TC wire to be able to read error codes. Next if you'd wish to further investigate something going wrong you need also the SIL pin, some PC and appropriate software.
    USSR GAZ24 with 1UZ-FE VVTi (UCV24) http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=60301
    Engine conversion is when you drive a shitbox which costs a whole LEXUS to own

Toymods Club Member Backyard Mechanic auto351's Avatar

thank you george

1) No the Tach is not working, but a found a CCT for a Tacho booster which I will make up.

2) The Engine came with the Autobox and this was already wired. but I cant reach the netral start switch to check it (bloody tight) , I just wanted to make sure there isnt a bypass as the drawing show a shorting link for MAN box option some where and I was thinking this may have been bridged by mistake.

3) We will just wire all the unsued wire from the body loom to a DB25 for future access.

ANGRY MAN 2011 Chief Engine Builder Admiral coFF33's Avatar

As confirmed on my blog here :
    http://coff33.wordpress.com/2011/06/13/dumped/

Pic:
    http://i643.photobucket.com/albums/u.../Nokia0952.jpg

1JZGTE A70/X83/Z20/Z30 spiral twin dumps for the turbos. DOES NOT FIT. in the MA61/Z10, as it will hit the steering rack and the arm.

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Has anybody confirmed the issue of the swaybars fouling the crank pulley, when using bonneville mounts? Also does it only affect whiteline swaybars? If anyone knows of any off the shelf heavy duty sway bars that won't foul it, PM me or just reply here?
    MA61 Daily - Factory Manual, 5MGE Converted
    GA61+UCF11+Time+Money+Love= UZA61
    2JZGE MA61 Conversion kit
    22R-E Including Rebuild Kit & Cam for sale

ANGRY MAN 2011 Chief Engine Builder Admiral coFF33's Avatar

i have whiteline swaybars in mine
    i also have bonneville mounts
    there is about 1 inch of clearence
    no problemo

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic 82MKII's Avatar

I have whiteline swaybars in my 2JZ-GTE MA61 with bonneville mounts.
    The bar was a bit close (not fouling), but to be sure I made up some spacers out of 8mm steel to space the swaybar further down and away from the swaybar. Plenty of room now.
    1982 MA61 2JZ-GTE 354rwhp @ OST Dyno Day #4

Junior Member Grease Monkey

I made my engine mounts to bonnieville specs and my harmonic balancer fouled on the sway bar when I first put the engine in (I had the car up on a jack and had stands under the lower control arms). I then lowered the car down off the engine stands that I had it on and then it opened about an inch gap and didn't foul any more.

Duct Tape Solves All Conversion King ivandude's Avatar

Hey guys, just resurrecting an old thread to ask questions relevant here rather than a new one. Also thread has good info.

So I'm looking at a VVTi model 2JZ-GE to go into a Z1x Soarer and just wondering a few quick things:
    - is there any extra work required to wire up the VVTi than a regular 2JZ-GE swap would? The package does come with the full ECU/Loom and my assumption is as long as I have that wired together the engine should function properly.
    - I believe the early 2JZ use OBD-I diagnostic and this later model VVTi utilises an OBD-II diagnostic/errors --- is this anything to worry about as far as extra/special work goes?
    - Are VVTi headers needed or can aftermarket be used? I can't find a direct answer for this via google and the conversion package doesnt have the headers
    - Is the VVTi MAF sensor needed, the package ive found does not have it attached and not sure if necessary. I know it would control the fuel/air mixtures but can it be worked around with another intake or simple pod/AFM?
    1982 Soarer MZ11 1JZ-GE VVTi build
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    1981-1985 Z10 Soarer Owners International Group
    Former rides ~~ RA65 '85 Celica ~ MA61 '84 Supra ~ JZA80 '98 Aerotop ~ AE101 '92 Levin Toyo4life

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia

im guessing if the engine runs an air flo wmeter then u need to correct one to match yr motor and ecu
    otherwise ecu will dump wrong amount fo fuel all over the shop

im hoping someone may have tried it without the maf and could confirm it will just run... but that is probably too wishful to think lol

did some readings on IS and Lexus forums seems there are quite a few compatible MAF vvti air flow meter things that work between each other despite being slightly different variants or chassis theyre out of.

in the US some folks have done the vvti swap will chase some info on celicasupraforums
    Former rides ~~ RA65 '85 Celica ~ MA61 '84 Supra ~ JZA80 '98 Aerotop ~ AE101 '92 Levin Toyo4life

Junior Member Too Much Toyota

put the VVTi MAF sensor part number into toyoDIY and then see what other models use it.

You WILL need the MAF to run the engine unless you change to a non-factory ECU. Also, it probably makes the motor easier to tune with a MAF as changing the cam position changes the VE of the cylinder thus making it harder to tune with only a MAP sensor

fwiw: I was helping a guy do a BEAMS into RA40 project and discovered that its MAF was common to a whole bunch of models (and makes as it turned out). If you do go down this route, you have to get the right ID of the pipe that the sensor sits in, and you need the flow stabilizer upstream of the sensor so it doesn't get a highly turbulent airflow passing thru it. However, the sensor itself is a fairly common part.
    ------------------------------
    ST185 road barge / MZ11 forest barge / RA65 garage barge

Thanks CHuck

I think after all I may have been confusing two different parts together. I will just get the god damn engine then see what it needs after ... Shouldn't be too hard. Apparently the part is shared across a few non-turbo later vehicles anyway. I used it as a haggling tool and have to go offer $900 or less of cash for this vvti package, huzzah!

After speaking with Crownman he confirmed didnt even use RA65 power steer gear on his 2jz-ge auto ma61 , just MA61 stuff but custom lines. I will try the same with my MZ11. I wonder how he made it work, is the ra65 gear only used for the manual conversions due to possibly things fouling?