Thread: 4afc/4afe info

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default 4afc/4afe info

Hey guys, if anyone knows much about either of these engines or whats involved in putting a 4afc in an ae82 then could they contact me via email or msn at [email protected]. Please no 4age or boat anchor comments etc. although having said that I'm sure some smartarse will now.

Cheers 200Boy.
    Last edited by 200Boy; 21-05-2007 at 10:27 PM.

Toymods Pimp Chief Engine Builder Norbie's Avatar

Default Re: 4afc/4afe info

Why would we email you? This is a public discussion forum.

4A-FE conversion will be pretty much the same as a 4A-GE conversion and I'm sure that's been covered before. 4A-FC would be slightly easier because you don't have to worry about upgrading the fuel system and of course there's less wiring to deal with.

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default Re: 4afc/4afe info

Original post has been modified. Just figure its easier to ask 1 person who knows what they're talking about a bunch of more specific questions at once rather than a bunch on here. Also if it's apparently been covered before then theres not much point prolonging the thread.

Anyway I have done some research over a few forums. I found I need a different engine mount on the drivers side, lengthened exhaust to the front of the engine, the original lead from the coil to the dizzy and that the ae82 radiator outlet wont line up. I'm unsure if an ae92 radiator will fit in my car. I found the 4ac and the 4af use the same box and that apparently you can use the original 4ac loom.

I was unsure if there was any 4afe internals or anything that would readily transfer to the 4afc that would be an improvement. I read they have higher compression so I thought maybe I could just use a 4afe and a 4afc inlet manifold if that would actually work. Also in some other efi/carby model cars its an improvement to use the carby model cam in the efi engine and I wondered if that could be the case. Because the 4afe went on to the ae101 as well I considered they might have made some worthy improvements that could maybe work with the 4afc.

I'll gladly hear opinions of mods to these engines if they're fairly inexpensive although they're virtually impossible to find because everyone takes the 4age route. If I find this conversion is going to be overly expensive or complicated then I will happily sell my car and buy an sx outright. I'm not looking for a world beater, I'm just cheap with a lot of time on my hands and wanting to build a setup that I can reliably thrash.

Thanks 200Boy.