Thread: JZX81 1JZ: Analogue Dash Wiring

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice

Default JZX81 1JZ: Analogue Dash Wiring

I have this dash:

Question is:
    When we did the 7M->1JZ conversion we repinned the 1JZ ECU into the 7M loom as per Toymods Thread and Cressida Thread. We kept all the body loom the same and all works fine except for the tacho on the 7M cluster. I know about the booster that will make it work, but thought I should wire up this dash instead. Problem is, what are the pinouts on the back of this cluster. I can't find any wiring diagrams to do the 7M loom -> 1JZ cluster repinning. The plugs are the same between the 7M and 1JZ cluster and all the lights and gauges work except for speedo, tacho and boost light on the 1JZ cluster.
    There has to be a method to repin and make this cluster work as it is better to use it than the 7M one. (Higher redline and boost light).

Should I bother? I really want to make it work.

Backyard Fabricator Automotive Encyclopaedia

Default Re: JZX81 1JZ: Analogue Dash Wiring

it's not too hard to trace the cluster pins from the various points at the back to figure out the pinouts.

I had to do it to change from a jzx81 digital dash loom over to an MX83 analogue cluster (I hate the digital dash...) Took a while but it all worked.

The tacho and speedo wires are the easiest to trace. 3 wires for the tach from the screws that hold it in, signal, power and ground.

Similar for the speedo too, only it also has the "4P" output on one of the mounting screws too that goes back to the ECU.