Thread: Nos in a 2tg

Forum Member Grease Monkey

Default Nos in a 2tg

i am considering puting nos into my 2tg i want to have reasonable power
    and run good et's(it runs 16.8s now i want it faster but im not stupid maybe 14s)
    i was thinking going strait in the manifold i have a spare 2tg that i was going to rebuild/work is there anythin is it fine that its on carbbiesis there anything wrong with useing nos i was also thinking of strokin it with a 3t bottom end any idea what type of power i could achive without turning it into a racecar any help?
    74 TA22 Celica 2TG
    89.1 RWHP
    16.8@130Kmph
    1000kg Drive weight full tank,spare tire

KE25 a work in progress

......... Carport Converter jeffro ra28's Avatar

Default Re: Nos in a 2tg

Okay so lets drop the phone txt language for a start so we can make sense of what your asking?

Opinionated Arsehole Backyard Mechanic

Edited post.
    Last edited by 4DaDrift; 16-12-2009 at 07:37 PM.

na im not a fast and the furious fan .ive done most of the work on my car my self and intend on keeping the 2tg. i want to get reasonable NA power so nos seams to be the easyst of corse im not going to keep the motor stock ill prob put good internals in
    butit just seems cheaper than going the 3tgte and then ill want an intecooler bigturbo bigger injecters custom manifonds so on.so in my eyes nos is cheaper im not looking for CRAZY power increases or stupid times just enough for it to be fastish i was thinking maybe a 50hp kit or 75hp.

i also thought that the extra fuel was suplied from a different fuel line into the port with the nitrous hence more fuel and air(nos)if im wrong i have a spare set of 45mm carbies and larger jets but this settup drives crud with big flat spots until 2500rpm which i dont want
    cause my car is a daily driver.i want to do it all propper not a half ass job thats why i want help or opinions

has any realy bombed out a 2tg with out going inducted what sort of power could i get/have you got.the fastest time ive seen a 2tg NA pull was a 16flat now 14 is alot faster
    but im not actualy thinking i can get there NA im just enjoying trying

its my first real performance(not that a ta22 throws ya back in ya seat)car and im just
    after any help

cheers
    74 TA22 Celica 2TG
    89.1 RWHP
    16.8@130Kmph

KE25 a work in progress

......... Carport Converter jeffro ra28's Avatar

If you where going to the trouble of NOS it would be a good start to get stainless valves and probly even a proper port job.

The main enhancment of NOS is its ability to carry oxygen and there are calculations as to what percentage you need to richen up ur fuel system for the percentage of NOS you would want to run.

dirty little Grease Monkey Cam-Rush's Avatar

dude, dont be scared off nitrous...we dont embrace it here in Aus like they do in America,
    as long as you have a decent electric fuel pump, and get the carbies tuned for running the nitrous, and dont expect to run a 400hp kit, it will be fine, even on stock internals, a 2TG will stand up to it.
    Make sure you disconnect the bottle on the street, and if you only use it at the track i dont think it needs to be engineerd...not sure though.

heres a couple of links, the fourum is american they seem to be good at getting stupid power out of T motors, they should be able to help you with any questions.
    i knowthe car in the cardomain one has a 3TC but im sure it will inspire you!

P.S have you considered building a 2TG/3TC hybrid? a DOHC 1800 with nitrous would be a weapon!

dirty little Grease Monkey Cam-Rush's Avatar

thanks for the suport yeah 2tg3t hybrid on nos is whats planed
    74 TA22 Celica 2TG
    89.1 RWHP
    16.8@130Kmph

KE25 a work in progress