Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wakefield Park Track Day Friday 1st of June - Last Chance!!

That's me before i was a Conversion King -GT-'s Avatar

Default Re: Wakefield Park Track Day Friday 1st of June

Yep, received.

Stu, that's them and i know what you mean about those days; there's some money circulating and the corolla is amongst it with the dark clouds of smoke permanently following, but i think they come to respect you when they realise they're holding you up, or can't keep up through some twisties, or you're lapping in similar times to cars that should be walking away from you.

Just cause it's cost a lot doesn't mean it gets driven to it's full potential.

GriZZly, yeah, the wakefield no speed limit days (are $100 now?) are run with separate sessions for road cars and track cars etc, and i've seen lines out the pits and up the road to get on the track, heard of guys waiting all day for one session. But like Dylan said, i've also seen a drizzly day with 6 or 8 cars total. Basically with those days whoever rocks up and pays gets in line.

With ours it's a private booking so there's a limit to the number of cars and the track hire costs are divided between those cars. The convoy down on the thursday night is after work, usually leave sydney round 7:30, i just organise it around who'll be there. The accomodation is cheap and fairly basic, bring your own sleeping bag and pillow, and it'll be COLD down there in June.
    AE93 SX 20V - Next Wakefield track day is 13th of November 2015!
    1:15.47 at Wakefield Park | 1:59.45 at Eastern Creek GP | 1:08.81 at SMP South | 2:04.77 at Phillip Island
    Toymods Club Member

Junior Member Too Much Toyota oldcorollas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by -GT-
    Stu, that's them and i know what you mean about those days; there's some money circulating and the corolla is amongst it with the dark clouds of smoke permanently following, but i think they come to respect you when they realise they're holding you up, or can't keep up through some twisties, or you're lapping in similar times to cars that should be walking away from you.

Just cause it's cost a lot doesn't mean it gets driven to it's full potential.
    LOL

the rolla is probably not even trackworthy at the moment unfortunately, but it would be nice to run around with you guys! a private day with less hassle seems sooo much better
    i won't be back in Aus in time, but i hope you are still doing these days next year (like.. after july )

i look forward to your vids
    "I'm a Teaspoon, not a mechanic"
    "There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper" - John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

AU$TRALIA... come and stay and PAY and PAY!!! The moral high horse of the world!

That's me before i was a Conversion King -GT-'s Avatar

We're always doing these.

About every 6-8 weeks. I'm sure we'll have something on when you get back!
    AE93 SX 20V - Next Wakefield track day is 13th of November 2015!
    1:15.47 at Wakefield Park | 1:59.45 at Eastern Creek GP | 1:08.81 at SMP South | 2:04.77 at Phillip Island
    Toymods Club Member

Junior Member Too Much Toyota YLD-16L's Avatar

I tried out my incar camera last Friday, seemed to work well. Just have to remember to clean the windscreen after the drive there and also remember to turn it on

My lap timer worked a treat too. It's only a manual setup but it's more reliable than counting on mates to be paying attention

My cash should show up in your account today I'd imagine Garth as it was transferred on Friday evening.
    My KE25 thread
    WSID - 12.8@108mph || Wakefield Park - 1:11.4 || SDMA Hillclimb - 49.1

busy adding lightness Too Much Toyota MR22ZZ's Avatar

well, the MR2 passed it's blue slip today, so it will definitely be there

Proxes 4s are on order as well
    Past Toyotas - Snow White (TA23), Blue Stivo (ZZE123)
    Current Toyotas - Hamster (AW11)
    Quote Originally Posted by X kyle X View Post
    the aw11 is rougher and more angular so it's sex Appel is more that of Sylvester stalone rather then brad pitt

Junior Member Conversion King whatthe?'s Avatar

Hey Garth, those of us that paid for Wakefield licenses last time but werent able to get them due to technical issues should be fine to pick them up without re-paying this time, right?
    Project megap00 - Gave up and sold up. Money tree died

I'm surprised this isn't filling up quicker.

For anyone thinking of going but is unsure, it's right up there with the best fun you can have in your car with your clothes on

Blue_Stivo, AW11 or SW20?? Got any other details posted anywhere?
    My KE25 thread

I definitely ain't a Chief Engine Builder wagonist's Avatar

I'm aiming to come down as a spectator (aiming to ride in a fe cars this time & not get sunburnt). My car is still exhibiting major issues with wheel bearings.
    Also sent this link to a mate, so I'll let you know what he's doing.

no need for a Domestic Engineer finney's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by YLD-16L
    I'm surprised this isn't filling up quicker.

For anyone thinking of going but is unsure, it's right up there with the best fun you can have in your car with your clothes on

Blue_Stivo, AW11 or SW20?? Got any other details posted anywhere?
    check his sig.....
    but i'll 2nd what shane has said.. these days are awesome. I'm pissed i can't make this one but i'll be back for teh next without a doubt hoping to cut the lap times down again
    4AGTE SX - '4AGE' - 13.6 @ 103mph - 163fwkw @ 18psi - SOLD
    1998 JZX100 Tourer V - SOLD and now lives in radelaide
    1992 GTI - SOLD

Oh yeah, Finney thought you might be interested (and anyone else who runs the same tyres for the street and track). I ran the Toyo T1R's last week. Whilst I am very impressed with them on the street it doesn't take too much work to make them pretty hot and greasy on the track. The RT215's are a lot more capable (as you would expect).

I am going to play around with the pressures and my driving style next outing to Wakefield as I think this might help a little (??)

Thanks for pointing out the link to the AW11
    My KE25 thread

Cheers for that feedback Shane, i'll definately be going for something a little different with the next set of tyres.. still undecided as to make step to semi's or not. Have heard some alright things about the michelin's and BFGoodrich's so may give them a shot next.
    1992 GTI - SOLD

There are some real nice sticky BF Goodrich ones you can get that are almost a semi slick. I'll see if I can find some info on them for you. I looked into them before as they were recommended by the guy at Top Ten Tyres who's a mate of a mate.

Edit: doesn't seem to have the ones I was thinking of but take a look http://www.tirerack.com/tires/bfg/bfg.jsp

And Shane I learnt ages ago that a 2nd set of rims of the track is the best way to go.
    Last edited by MR22ZZ; 16-05-2007 at 01:18 PM.
    the aw11 is rougher and more angular so it's sex Appel is more that of Sylvester stalone rather then brad pitt

Quote Originally Posted by Black_wedge
    And Shane I learnt ages ago that a 2nd set of rims of the track is the best way to go.
    Most definitely, my car does less than 5000km a year though (this year is looking like less than 3000km) so some r-compound tyres as my only set wouldn't be too silly.

I'd even be happy with RT615 or even RT215 all round but alas they either don't make a size the fits at all in the 615 or the 215's don't come in a size to fit on the front

I wouldn't mind some of the r-compound kuhmo ecstas but at $400 a corner I'm a little hesitant for now.

If only my car had 15" wheels I'd have a huge range of tyres to choose from.
    My KE25 thread

another tyre which i forgot about which should eb available in 205/45R16's is the hankook RS2's.. heard some great things about these from some guys who had them on thier evo's.

http://www.hankooktyre.com.au/v2/pro...h=uhpt&id=1172

looks as though they are available in aus aswell
    1992 GTI - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by YLD-16L
    Most definitely, my car does less than 5000km a year though (this year is looking like less than 3000km) so some r-compound tyres as my only set wouldn't be too silly.

I'd even be happy with RT615 or even RT215 all round but alas they either don't make a size the fits at all in the 615 or the 215's don't come in a size to fit on the front

I wouldn't mind some of the r-compound kuhmo ecstas but at $400 a corner I'm a little hesitant for now.

If only my car had 15" wheels I'd have a huge range of tyres to choose from.
    What about Federals?