Thread: 3tgte in corolla panelvan

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Default 3tgte in corolla panelvan

Hello
    Well this is the first time i have posted before so bear with me, where to start, i purchased the car about 6 months ago with the motor in it already its a ke38 it was only a rolling body so i dont have any before photos. Since i purchased it i have removed the suspension and drive line the motor is still in but is about to come out.
    The plan is to clean the whole car up and make it a reliable daily driver so i may be on here alot with alot of dumb questions but any imput is always welcome.
    Hope to have some pics on soon just trying to work out the new computer we got i find these more scary then working on the car
    Well bye for now

Classic Not Plastic Domestic Engineer ace's Avatar

Default Re: 3tgte in corolla panelvan

sounds great mate, mean combination....
    what plans you got for the body? what colour?
    also you gonna upgrade the suspension/brakes?
    ace
    My TA22
    Quote Originally Posted by gianttomato about new cars
    Yeah sure, it goes alright and it's got air conditioning, cup holders and automatic tampon removers, but where's the charm?

yeah its pretty mean at least it will be once running, there is a bit of body work to do not to much though have not decided on colour yet but will probably keep it simple maybe white not sure the whole car is being upgraded i already have hilux 4 piston calipers for it they are being ceramic coated at the moment, also all the rubber brake lines have been replaced with braided ones as well as clutch line, have a alloy radiator for it i got from a mate its twice as thick as the original but the hose fittings need to be moved thats all i have done at the moment but i have holidays coming up soon so will hopefully start tackeling the body properly then. Will hope to get some photos on soon i have some from when i got the car will try and keep up to date with new ones

Junior Member Domestic Engineer myne's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by robin
    i already have hilux 4 piston calipers for it they are being ceramic coated at the moment
    uh... wtf?
    Why would you ceramic coat calipers? Ceramic INSULATES! All the heat from the pads will be trapped in the caliper :/

My apologies its not actually a ceramic coating but its done in the same fashion its just a coating and it gives the calipers an almost chrome finish once polished a little. The guy who does it does the same process on brakes and other parts used on race cars a friend of mine works there hence the reason i am getting it done (no charge)
    Last edited by robin; 10-02-2006 at 08:32 PM.

Hi all I work at Pacemaker headers and we have ceramic coating in house, we ceramic coat all kinds of car parts (funnily enough we are also trying a fry pan to see if it'll be safe for food too but thats irrelevant).

From what I understand, ceramic coating calipers is actually a good idea. You want the heat to be dissapated by the rotors, you need the heat kept out of the calipers as heat transfers to the fluid, which causes brake fade.

Thats my 2 cents.

Dale J