Thread: The old, old forums

HHeLiBeBCNOFNeNaMgAlSiPS Backyard Mechanic

Default The old, old forums

Hey guys, don't mean to start a new thread on a fairly esoteric topic but do the old, old forums still exist as an archive? (ie the forums previous to the last one).

I am in a nostalgic mood and wanted to check out my first ever posts on the older forums - plus they had a fair bit of info in them on some of the early conversions/modifications (such as thunderbird1's 1jz cressida).

Cheers,
    Caelum
    you know what I mean this electric stream
    and my tears in league with the
    wires and energy and my machine
    this is my beautiful dream

Robots! dancing robots! Domestic Engineer gearb0x's Avatar

Default Re: The old, old forums

Seems the orignal forums still exist, and can be found here http://pub58.ezboard.com/btoymodscarclubaustralia

as for the old old forums, the ones before the last, try here http://web.archive.org/web/200109261...s.qnix.com.au/

You might be able to find newer versions on archive.org, but thats the first one i found that worked

Hove fun reminicing,
    Phill

EDIT: Just having a poke around, seems its not archived well being PHP based forums etc, i guess ur best bet is hoping someone has the database saved somewhere.

Edit #2: http://web.archive.org/web/200201230...s.qnix.com.au/ seems to be the most up to date and complete version of the forums (inc plenty of posts when i was young and stupid haha)
    Last edited by gearb0x; 26-01-2006 at 12:00 AM.

HHeLiBeBCNOFNeNaMgAlSiPS Backyard Mechanic

Cheers Phil,

May have been a month or so before I signed up (can't remember when that was) since I can't find my name on the user list!

Still lots of memories there - I wonder where Techie_Mark, BlakeNZ, deesonet, celicamad etc have gotten to?? Still lots of current members too - rob, Norbie, GT, et al.

The web archive is a bit corrupted, but a nice trip back into time (twas my birthday yesterday so I was feeling a little nostalgic since its the last year of my 20's).
    you know what I mean this electric stream
    and my tears in league with the
    wires and energy and my machine
    this is my beautiful dream

Texas Hold'em Junky Backyard Mechanic fade-e's Avatar

DAMN iv always wondered about this forum but never asked too much bout it... im pretty much a newbie round here (only been on the forums in total for about a year)

great to see thats its still alive... will definately be going through it to see what it was like back then when everything being done was a first time for everyone.... THATS SO COOL

cheers

Opinionated Arsehole Backyard Mechanic

Edited post.
    Last edited by 4DaDrift; 16-12-2009 at 07:39 PM.