Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: information on 1GGTE into RA23, hilux,crown,carona pug brake upgrade, hilux diff.

backyard mechanic Grease Monkey celica77's Avatar

Default Re: information on 1GGTE into RA23, hilux,crown,carona pug brake upgrade, hilux diff.

haha yeah well the brake bias using the hilux full diff is interesting especially in the wet. those damn drums are soo good they lock up pretty easy in the wet. but in dry work ausome!! i need to get a brake bias adjuster from somewhere .. yeah i was running just the stock engine etc with the hilux diff for awhile and it dad have to be shortend not alot but. but now its getting done as we speak again cause the soarer gearbox pushes it all back a good 2 inches again so yeah, and im goin 1 piece. yeah i just got the handbrake cables of the hilux diff and took them to my local place that modifies stuff like that i forget what they were called now and they shortend them to mate up to my handbrake works fine

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia SillyCarS's Avatar

Default Re: information on 1GGTE into RA23, hilux,crown,carona pug brake upgrade, hilux diff.

you wouldn't have the part #, catalgue #, or make model of what those 1gge mounts came out of would you?

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia Spectre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheToyman75
    Matt,

All locally made DBA rotors can be ordered as unslotted.

The DB272 Pug rotors are no longer made in Australia but are imported hence why they are no longer available They are checking for old stock for me.
    No old stock available in any variety from what I was told by DBA here in Perth.

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia Spectre's Avatar

I went and picked up my Pug rotors today. They are: DR272, came in Brembo boxes, cost me $80 each! Supplied by the Perth Brake Parts (Welshpool) who were extremely helpfull!

There are no blank rotors any more, they are no longer made in Aus and the three different places I called couldn't get them anywhere.

I am going to have my ones redrilled by keeping one hole and drilling the new 5x114.3 PCD (getting this done at the same time they get turned down)

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic Hash_ra23's Avatar

I've found a 1985 hilux diff housing and axles. I was wondering if there was a way to run 4stud on this. Can the ra23 drums fit up to the axles? I dont want to go 5 stud as i've just bought some nice 4stud wheels and dont want to go through finding crown hubs. What are my diff options if i want to stay 4stud?

Junior Member Domestic Engineer J0RD0's Avatar

I got the diff's drum's and axel's re drilled to have the standard 114.3 stud pattern, not sure how much it was as my bill was all together

Junior Member Carport Converter TA-022's Avatar

redrilling has been deemed non engineer friendly (if detected )

get a Corona Mark 2 (MX13/23) F Series diff. 1410mm wide 4x114.3 stud pattern.
    Black Betty >HERE!<

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic Hash_ra23's Avatar

Thanks for the replies guys. Hmmm don't really want to redrill if it isnt engineer friendly. Is there any other F-series suitable as i would expect that mx13 or mx23 terribly hard to find. I have searched around and found that ra6x have F-series diffs. and also rt142 coronas, but that is irs rear..

sorry if this is a bit off topic

crowns do but tooo wide. they can be found but not in abundance.

before ruling out re-drilling consult a engineer as its only here say and rumour at this stage that redrilling is frowned apon.
    Black Betty >HERE!<

(\__/)

Junior Member Too Much Toyota

Quote Originally Posted by celica77
    . the only thing they neglected to tell me on the net is all your wheel bearings are now wackko and do not work using these items. so ive gone to the troubble of reaserching bearings that will work and DO work and here they are and there codes.. Also watch out on the crown front hub your wheels clear the hub centre as they may not, and may need simple machining. Depends on what wheels your running.
    here are the codes and information on the wheel bearings you will need to use.

"HOLDEN BEARINGS both big and little..
    codes LM11949/10
    LM67048/10

FORD CUPS both big and little
    codes L68111
    LM12711

Remember you will need two of each.... "
    i thought the MS65 hubs used the same wheel bearings as found in RA40, MA61, RA65, RA23, RA28, etc?

I can't see some of the pics in this thread at works so maybe this will be more clearer at home... but are we talking about the same hubs?
    ------------------------------
    ST185 road barge / MZ11 forest barge / RA65 garage barge

FYI HQ Holden hubs use same bearings as RA2X celicas etc. And i know this because I have bought a disc/hub to prove / disprove this rumour and it was true. Same bearings and bolts on ... only needs a bracket to mount a caliper.

so as said bearings are the same. Dont know how yours are all out?
    Black Betty >HERE!<

(\__/)

Junior Member Too Much Toyota

that's what's confusing me (i too have a collection of hubs from various wrecks - except MS65) ... so the need to get a mixture of bearings and cups is throwing me ... unless he's talking about MS85 hubs?
    ------------------------------
    ST185 road barge / MZ11 forest barge / RA65 garage barge

possibly but then i want details if MS85 hubs are working without grinding work!
    Black Betty >HERE!<

(\__/)