Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wakefield Track Day Friday 17th Feb

That's me before i was a Conversion King -GT-'s Avatar

Default Wakefield Track Day Friday 17th Feb

Well guys, the next day has finally rolled around again, and even though everybody seemed to get the email except me i have confirmed the date and got around to making a thread early enough that there's more than just a few spots left!

It's the same as always, limited to 30 cars, $140 gets your car on the track, and if you don't have a cams (or wakefield) licence you can get a wakefield one on the day with a valid driver's licence for $40 (valid for 12 months).

Other than that, you just need a helmet and wrist/ankle/neck clothing.

We open the track at 9am, and run all day till 4pm. Up to 10 cars on the track at all times, max of about 6-8 laps if there's people waiting to go out, but you can just come in and go straight back into the staging lane.

Some of us go down on thursday night after work and stay in cabins next door to the track (and friday night as well), costs about $20-25/night; saves long drives either end of the day, and is an opportunity to get on the piss

There's 10 confirmed spots i know of as of a couple of days ago, so there's still a couple of weeks (???) till we fill up BUT, there's plenty of regulars that will want to come so first in first served. Get organised, i'm looking forward to seeing plenty of toyotas out on the track!
    AE93 SX 20V - Next Wakefield track day is 13th of November 2015!
    1:15.47 at Wakefield Park | 1:59.45 at Eastern Creek GP | 1:08.81 at SMP South | 2:04.77 at Phillip Island
    Toymods Club Member

Forum Sponsor Carport Converter TurboRA28's Avatar

Default Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 17th Feb

The 3s-gte RA28 will make an appearance
    Should also be a ae86 & maybe a turbo '75 lancer.

I did send an email about confirming some spots but haven't heard back.

Cheers
    Joel
    1977 RA28 Celica - 1MZ-FE Members Rides
    1996 FZJ80 Landcruiser.
    Email : [email protected]

Junior Member Carport Converter TA-022's Avatar

darn it joel!

now my car is gunna look like dogs balls!

w00t! wakefield... better get me darn seats fitted then ... stoopid workshops....

you know me -gt- im in fo shizzle ma nizzle!

pm me payment details pls!

Joel, i spoke to ryan on mon or tues and confirmed 2 spots for you, let me know about the 3rd and when you want to fix up money. You still got my bank details or need me to send them again?

Nathan, good to see you're keen again mate! I'll pm you my bank details, send me the $140 and we're all set.
    1:15.47 at Wakefield Park | 1:59.45 at Eastern Creek GP | 1:08.81 at SMP South | 2:04.77 at Phillip Island
    Toymods Club Member

Junior Member Domestic Engineer ZZE92's Avatar

I might make the trip down to take a few photos if I can swing the day off work.. Garth, any chance of getting a list of confirmed entrants closer to the day?
    Cheers,
    Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by MR 1JZ View Post
    the snatch has been through hell and back and is still kicking!

Forum Sponsor Carport Converter TurboRA28's Avatar

Mate make that a confirmed 3 spots, possibly a 4th i'll know early next week about that I think hopefully not too late by then?

There is the RA28, AE86, a Mazda R100.

The unconfirmed is the 75 VR4 powered lancer. We worked last night getting the engine back into it and assuming that had of gone smoothly it would have been there for sure. But the rack conversion we did is interfering with the block. So now it all has to come out again thats just set us back more. I've love to see it out there though, a 1975 lancer with rack n pinion, IRS nissan R200 rear end, mazda 4 spot brakes, VR4 engine with a disco potato hanging off it.. going to go very hard! All weighing 800kg.

Anyhows.. Please put me down for the 3 spots and i'll get back to you about the 4th.

Also need to talk to you about booking a cabin at the shed. See my PM..

TA-022, mate great to hear you'll be there too! The more early Celica presence the better! Don't worry about mine, its not going to be a weapon by then. I'll be suprised if it runs quicker than the 3T was running. Not enough time or money to get the 3S there yet. I'll spend some more dyno time on it hopefully this weekend and wind up the boost and play around with cam timing a bit.. But we'll see how it all goes.

Cheers
    Joel
    1977 RA28 Celica - 1MZ-FE Members Rides
    1996 FZJ80 Landcruiser.
    Email : [email protected]

Junior Member Grease Monkey Screaminrolla's Avatar

I'll probally come down to watch. I'd love to give the celica a run out there and make it 3 28's, but i dont think its reliable enough yet.
    1977 RA28 Celica 1JZGTEClick Me
    1980 Chrysler Sigma

All good fellas, Joel, no problems, i replied to your pm, i'll be speaking tonight to update numbers and will include you and nathan.

Paul/Screaminrolla, by all means come down to watch and take photos. I'll be able to give you an idea of the cars that will be down there, i won't have the complete list on hand but should be able to find out most of them.

Also guys, even if you don't think your car's a track weapon/reliable enough is no reason not to get it out there; we get a huge range of cars of all levels, you might be suprised how well it performs!

You guys are also welcome to cruise down thursday night and stay with us if you want, no need to confirm now, we'll be sorting accommodation closer to the date and just paying for it when we're there. I'll post when i need to confirm numbers for that.
    Toymods Club Member

Junior Member Domestic Engineer Sprinterboy's Avatar

Put me down for a spot

Junior Member Grease Monkey CoronaC's Avatar

How often do you run these track days?
    Wont be able to make it to this one, even if it was just to spectate but if its run a few times a year then i would see about making the next one ( hopefully with a good car that i could run around the track)

cheers
    chris

last was november (my 1st) so 1 can assume every 2 months.

but -gt- 1st told me they were a each 3 month thing so yeah ... roughly.

screaming rolla: mine isnt that great ... i could only get two laps before the tyres were mush from heat and couldnt stand on the brakes myself (std crap). Still a hoot to get out there !

specially from my point.o.view 2 time convicted of burnouts .... least there are no fines when you spin out and smoke em up.

especially great is the ability to highlight weak points in ya car. from the last one i worked out i need tyres / seats (strained a ankle sliding in std warn out seats) / and brakes.

not that i didnt know i needed them i knew but didnt realise how severe these were needed.

its all fun.

least if some1 is filming we might have more than my couple on the straights shots LOL!

Junior Member Grease Monkey Screaminrolla's Avatar

I know how much fun it is out there, ill see how i go with the fixing it up this weekend, hopefully i can get it to hold together long enough to at least get it registered this time.
    Then ill make up my mind

In case you didnt know, i broke one motor within a couple of hours of getting it running, then the new motor decided to blow a head gasket. Thats why im worried about it being reliable
    1977 RA28 Celica 1JZGTEClick Me
    1980 Chrysler Sigma

aaaaahhh.

park it. ill drive ya down then lol!

Riverina Chapter Automotive Encyclopaedia andyroo's Avatar

Hey guys,

Im thinking of comming over, trying out the new XX( 1G-GEU), Ive never been on a track before, but very keen. Can non members race too? My mate races with the morgan club, hes got a nice 74 torana, but I think itll do him good to be shown up by some toyota's!

Cheers, Andy
    2009 Toyota Hilux SR V6 4x4
    2000 Toyota Avalon Grande -SOLD 2014
    1985 Toyota Celica XX 1G-GTE - SOLD 2014

this isnt a club event. any1 is welcome provide ur not an ass and have the cash!