Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wakefield Track Day Friday 17th Feb

That's me before i was a Conversion King -GT-'s Avatar

Default Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 17th Feb

Okay, sorry its taken a few days to get back but i've been going back and forth confirming numbers a bit over the weekend. A number of people payed over the weekend so it kept changing on me!

Sprinterboy, sorry to leave you hanging, but you're next in line. Get back to me and i'll pm you my bank details to transfer to and confirm your spot.

The others that are thinking about coming or trying to get car on the road/time off work, don't leave it too much longer! Its filling up much faster than i expected.

Chris, we run them every 2-3 months, the next one is early may (the 5th???).
    AE93 SX 20V - Next Wakefield track day is 13th of November 2015!
    1:15.47 at Wakefield Park | 1:59.45 at Eastern Creek GP | 1:08.81 at SMP South | 2:04.77 at Phillip Island
    Toymods Club Member

Junior Member Backyard Mechanic alwaysRA23's Avatar

would love to come but i dont think work will permit,

but id love to throw the supra back onto the track especially with front mount and exhaust goodness

if nothing else i might have to come to watch

Yeah sure, spectators are always welcome, should be a good showing, looking like a few more toyotas than usual, which is always good!
    1:15.47 at Wakefield Park | 1:59.45 at Eastern Creek GP | 1:08.81 at SMP South | 2:04.77 at Phillip Island
    Toymods Club Member

---------HO00NS---------- Chief Engine Builder IN 05 NT's Avatar

oh man.....i think i'll be pushing it for 17th as my new motor comes in the first week of feb....

damn...i'll keep an eye on this, how are you guys going for spots anyway? howmany still available?

i so hope i can make it but wont know till pretty much ready to leave time....

cheers, blake

Junior Member Chief Engine Builder De@No's Avatar

how many spots are left..i might be in..ill get back to you asap..
    Z20- SOLD

Joel, all received. So i guess this means the lancer got it's steering clearance issues sorted ok and we'll see it belting around in less than 3 weeks?

Blake/Deano, there's only a few spots left, i'm pretty sure it will be full in the next week or so. By all means check in with me when you know either way, if there's still room we'll get you sorted. There are a few people that haven't paid as yet so they're not definates till they do.

So, because of that, there is still room for a couple of people if you want to get organised soon. I know there's a few of you that have said you're keen but i haven't heard what you're doing; running out of time fellas!
    Toymods Club Member

I definitely ain't a Chief Engine Builder wagonist's Avatar

Again, I'd love to go on the track seeing as last time was on bald tyres (slicks? ) & halfway through the day found a clunking noise in the front suspension which turned out to be worn bearings/hubs. Also may be last chance before a new engine/gearbox combo

This time with new bearings & tyres but now my rear discs are rubbing on the calipers. Not an issue for real concern, but its noisy, plus I've got an issue with new clunking noise from the front end (but only seems to show up under cruising conditions).

Anyone know where there's a wreck of an ST204 for me to pinch the rear brakes from, the ST184 versions seems to be slightly different setup?

What'd be the latest you need to know?

Hey steve, mate, it all depends on when people have confirmed and paid as to when we're full. I'd imagine much later than this weekend would be pushing it, but it's hard to tell.

When it's confirmed there's definately no more room i'll post as such; up until then i'll do whatever i can for anyone definately keen to come.
    Toymods Club Member

I definitely ain't a Chief Engine Builder wagonist's Avatar

At the most, I'll be a spectator.
    I've got a feeling there's something wrong with my engine, as that's one of my RDOs, I'm aiming to take it to the mechanic.

Ok, well, i was posting today to confirm all the spots were taken (pending your extra joel - what's happening??) BUT, justen's had to pull out due to getting stuffed around by work, so a spot has opened up.

Any of you guys who have expressed an interest want to jump on this chance to come? This is the last spot; going, going...???
    Toymods Club Member

Right, as of yesterday arvo we're full. Looks like its a good mix of cars too. I'll see what i can do about getting a list for those that were interested in coming down to take some photos.

Also, we're looking to get accomodation sorted soon, so those of you that want to stay one or both nights need to let me know asap. As it stands, i'll only be staying thursday night because i have to be on a flight to perth on friday evening, but the other guys will be staying friday so you're all more than welcome to stay as well.

Anybody (paul? etc) who was thinking of coming down to spectate is also welcome to stay one or both nights if they want to, we just need to know numbers so we can book. The accomodation's nothing flash, basic cabins, you need to bring your own sleeping bag, but it's cheap as at about $20 a night and saves long drives either end of a deceptively tiring day.
    Toymods Club Member

Junior Member Carport Converter TA-022's Avatar

put me down for thurs nite only too -gt-

ill head back with you again fri arvo.

List type of cars coming if ya can -gt-

Junior Member Domestic Engineer Sprinterboy's Avatar

looks like the car won't be ready in time. might come up for a bit of viewing in the missus on the friday. seeing it's only a 45min drive from canberra

Yeah, by all means sprinterboy, drop by.

At the moment i know about half the cars;

me in the sx
    nathan's black ra28
    joel's 3sgte ra28
    bigport(?) ae86
    mazda r100
    vr4'd old lancer
    mx5 (x2)
    2.5l wrx if rebuilt it time (was 210awkw before it blew the 2.2l)
    a cayenne if not
    nissan bluebird (s12?)
    datsun 510
    rb25de 280zx
    87 civic with 90 integra engine

there's also usually a couple of 205 gtis, a gtho, can't remember many more of the regulars. The last few in that list are track cars, not registered, the group at this day is more the old(er) guys, the next track day in may is all younger guys with their road cars, and i get confused between who comes to which day.

It's only a week away!! Anyone else for accom before we book it?
    Toymods Club Member

Equipped with Bowls Hat Backyard Mechanic Adam_Cressi's Avatar

Damn if only i got in earlier, still mite head down
    Last edited by Adam_Cressi; 10-02-2006 at 09:40 PM.
    2JZ-GTE MX-83 Cressida
    Toymods Car Club Club Member # 185