Thread: air/heating unit woes on TA22 -=SOLVED=-

JoeyJoeJoeJuniorShabadoo Domestic Engineer joey's Avatar

Default air/heating unit woes on TA22 -=SOLVED=-

Hi, hoping i can get some help fixing up my air/heating unit...
    I have taken out the dash facia a number of times to do various things and to completely take it out you have to undo the 3 heating/air conditioning cables. I now have the problem of:
    1. Not having much cool air coming out of the unit
    2. Not having cool/warm air coming out of either the passenger or driver vents in the front on the dash (only having air coming out of the drivers vent when unit is in the off position and driving... i assume its the wind from outside entering through car and then through the vent).
    3. The middle option tab on the unit (recirc. - air - fresh) seems to only want to slide to either the far left or far right side. It will not stay in the middle, if you try it slowly moves to one side and then slams all the way to the end of that side.

Each time i took it off i was sure that the 3 screws went back on wire tabs where they came and the wire hoops went back over the correct linkage thing; although the first time i did take it out i did have one left over screw (cannot be fully sure it is one that is to do with the heatin/air con unit although it looks exacly the same as the ones that came out)... does this go somewhere and therefore causing my problems? Oh and yes the tabs on the passenger side vent is pulled out so it is not restricting any air flow.
    Any help appreciated.
    Thanks, Joey
    Last edited by joey; 23-01-2007 at 06:06 PM.
    Mr Shabadoo.
    Joeys 1975 TA22 - the weird lookin' front one....
    Daily JZX100

New additions: RA23 Circuit racer. 180sx drift box. R32 GTR Daily. MS65 Crown cruiser.

is the bestest Conversion King LeeRoy's Avatar

Default Re: air/heating unit woes on TA22

I'm pretty sure the recirc - fresh air thing can only be set to either fresh air or in car air not between the two. Is the fan working?

- LeeRoy
    Daily Driver: Red Ae93 Project: My TA22 - now with 3s-gte
    D is for Disco, E is for Dancing

Maybe your right about the fresh/air thing but when i got the car the unit wasn't working at all so they fixed it before i bought it and it wasn't like that.Yeah the fan would be working as i get air going through the vents that run underneath the front windshield, just not anywhere else....
    Mr Shabadoo.
    Daily JZX100

New additions: RA23 Circuit racer. 180sx drift box. R32 GTR Daily. MS65 Crown cruiser.

1941cc 2T-G Domestic Engineer w810sc's Avatar

to get air to blow through the vents ontop of the clock select: LO (temp), RECIRC (air) and VENT.

LO...TEMP...HI
    controls the heater tap and a flap on top of the heater core inside the heater box.
    FRESH...AIR...RECIRC
    controls the flap that opens and closes a hole on the fire wall
    VENT...DEFROST...HEAT
    controls the internal flaps under and infront of the heater core. Also the blower speeds when pulled out towards you: 1st click - high, 2nd medium and 3rd low.

fonzy
    deepdishfactory
    2T-G - Half the valves but twice the fun.

eek i feel like such a fkn noob...
    decided to pull out all the glove box stuff and see why it wasnt gettng any air through the passenger vent..... never the less the last person who owned the car put the spongy vent thing in backwards so it went inwards through the firewall, so just turned it around and wallah! Oh and yes i am such a noob that i just found out now that to get cool air to come out driver and passenger vent you have to be driving.... dont hurt me!
    Thanks the help
    Last edited by joey; 23-01-2007 at 06:04 PM.
    Mr Shabadoo.
    Daily JZX100

But I have no carport? Carport Converter merc-blue's Avatar

Default Re: air/heating unit woes on TA22 -=SOLVED=-

Drive and passenger vent are just fresh air from outside not from the heater,

if its rusted keep a eye on it i had mine split on my on tuesday driving along and having 90 degree water spraying aorund isnt fun.

Default Re: air/heating unit woes on TA22 -=SOLVED=-

Drive and passenger vent are just fresh air from outside not from the heater,
    yeah thats what i meant at the end of my last post

if its rusted keep a eye on it i had mine split on my on tuesday driving along and having 90 degree water spraying aorund isnt fun
    you talking about the heater core? but 90degree water doesn't sound fun at all
    Mr Shabadoo.
    Daily JZX100