Been reading some articles about replacing cams in the 1UZ, and this one really interested me:

1UZ-FE V8 camshafts - theory

Basically he's done some modelling and decided that changing the exhaust cam only,

"
The most effective would seem to be changing the standard exhaust cam for an exhaust cam with revised opening of 55 degrees BBDC (Before Bottom Dead Centre) and closing of 18 ATDC (After Top Dead Centre) (standard exhaust is 46 BBDC and 3 ATDC). This changed exhaust cam with the standard intake increased the horsepower from 260 to 300 !! (modelled on Dyno2000)."

Sadly the articles peter out before there's an 'after' dyno plot, but I was wondering if any of you guys with engine modelling software/experience with this could give some idea? It's a much more cost effective option than doing all 4 cams, and really appeals to my goal of increasing the NA breathing of the motor on the best 'bang for buck' ratio possible.

It's got headers, an Adaptronic and there's a straight-runner lower manifold (A-la-Justen) in the making...

When I had the 4A-GZE, I trialled a pair of WADE cams, and found that the most effective result for overall power under the curve, good idle/driveability etc was to replace only the exhaust cam (I kept the STD intake cam)...

So I was wondering if this might also apply to the UZ, and if anyone had the software to prove it in theory...

Thanks

-Robin

P.S. I might post this on v-eight.com too...