Thread: Cooloola Car Club in 2007

Forum Member

Default Cooloola Car Club in 2007

G'day all,

Just an update with our Motorkhana events, in 2007 you must be the holder of a CAMS or AASA licence to enter, we have just had our insurance arrangements sorted out and this is one issue that we cannot change.

AASA recognise CAMS licences and as this is an event covered by AASA, you can hold either licence. AASA charge $50 for the year for their licence ... visit www.aasa.com.au for an application form or if you prefer, go to the CAMS website.

No licence, no entry.

Spectators will remain free to come and watch for 2007. We only ask that you buy food and drinks from the venue to help keep entry free. Prices are very good, we don't charge the fortune that you pay for food and drink at some places, where you also pay entry .....

I will be addidng dates for next years events on Monday as with all the other details you will want to know and if you are lucky, you may find your photo in Queensland Street Car Magazine in 2007. We will be providing this premier magazine with an article and photo's after each event for consideration for publishing. These pics will be of entrants cars, spectators cars and spectators .....

Cheers
    Daryl.

(the first date has been confirmed as being March 25th 2007)
    Cooloola Car Club website is down for reconstruction ... back soon.

I prefer cubic inches, because plastic add ons just don't cut it .... bahahaha!!

ethanol sniffing Backyard Mechanic adamaw11's Avatar

Default Re: Cooloola Car Club in 2007

It looks as though there's different kinds of AASA licences
    I've been thinking of getting the yearly licence for the Saturday afternoon sprint days at Queensland raceway, and looking on the entry form it appears to be a "1 year AASA clubman licence" So I'm guessing this will probably cover me for doing the 'khanas will it?

My brother has a cams licence (white lancer GSR) and he's keen for the 'khana in March, but getting a cams licence seems to require joining the Holden Sporting Car club at the moment, so it looks like the AASA licence is the way to go for 2007.
    http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/showthread.php?t=83259
    '88 A.D.M aw11 '98 4age 20v blacktop
    NA: 14.745@150kmh at willowbank. On E85 with 6psi boost: 13.573@165kmh. ~8psi: 13.187 @169.9kmh. >10psi: 12.9 rod fragments @ 174mm holes in block
    daily: '93 ae101 Levin coupe. Motorbike: '09 Suzuki GSR600: 12.358@179kmh at Willowbank

Forum Member

yes, well it is a little confusing, I have had a look myself .... the minimal requirement for entry is the club licence ... it is the last one on the list, I will shortly provide a link on our forum to this ....... to make life a little easier.

Your brother is laughing ... he can enter under the CAMS licence ... no worries there.

Cheers

Daryl.

I prefer cubic inches, because plastic add ons just don't cut it .... bahahaha!!

Forum Member

Junior Member Too Much Toyota

thanks for the info Daryl, our club (TCC Qld) is going to be voting on whether to get Marque Club membership (to get CAMS offiliation) or otherwise in February - this info will help people decide i think.

cheers and hopefully we'll see you guys in March!
    Charles.
    ------------------------------
    ST185 road barge / MZ11 forest barge / RA65 garage barge

Forum Member

Hey Charles,

Good luck with the CAMS affiliation, you might also want to consider AASA as well they do have a good comprehensive coverage which is similar to CAMS. AASA are affiliated with Queensland Raceway also, so there are events that you can do there ..... worth checking out anyway as it is HEAPS cheaper.

I don't know exactly what is involved with affiliation with CAMS, but which ever company you go with, you must be licenced (each entrant) from one of them to be able to compete in our Motorkhana events as both are accepted. AASA recognises CAMS licences, CAMS however does not recognise AASA ....... I think there is still a bit of bad blood there or something .....

We hope to see you all again in the new year at our Motorkhana's, we have a lot of new things happening in our club and are trying to ensure that the quality of Event that we put on becomes the Bench Mark for Motorkhana Events in Queensland and Australia ..... it won't happen over night, but it will happen ...... there goes a trade mark ..... lmao

Junior Member Too Much Toyota

sorry for post hijack: the ASAA affiliation is also one of the things we'll look at. The key differentiator being what events club members want to attend and the license coverage those events require. Like you we're trying to survey our members to find out what they'd actually want to do
    ------------------------------
    ST185 road barge / MZ11 forest barge / RA65 garage barge

Forum Member

LOL ....

We went straight for AASA because of our needs ........ to keep the Motorkhana Events as close to what we had previously, they were our best bet. The only real changes we have been required to make are the licences and the safety barriers.

CAMS wanted Helmets, Scruitineers to go over entrants cars ......... the list goes on ...., you are correct, in that because there are different needs with membership before you can make a decision as a club you have to ask the questions of them.

Good luck with it, am keen to find out how things go for you with it and what is involved, particularly if you go through CAMS.........

Cheers

Daryl.

Forum Member

Just to add to info on AASA club licence, I need to verify your form .... or someone at QR might be able to do it. Must be a person known to AASA that signs off on the form so that your application can be approved............ no special tests or stuff like that, I just ask that people provide me with a copy of their drivers licence .. or if in person, show me .... and I can give the signature and approval.

Forum Member

Here is what I have posted on other sites

Hey guys and girls,

I have the dates for our 2007 Motorkhana's so you can plan ahead for the year. About 1 to 2 months before each event, I usually post a reminder notice, but there is always something on our Forum via our website www.c3zone.org to help you keep up to speed with what's doing.

As with previous discussions, all entrants must hold a club level licence through AASA($50) or CAMS($46 but have no idea what is involved there), it is up to each person what level of licence they apply for and who they go through, our Insurer recognises both licences.

Spectators are FREE!

Food and Drinks are on sale at regular prices, not inflated as is the case at other events we have been to, we want to encourage people to stay and watch our event and not bugger off to Maccas for a feed. We believe that as much as an event is about cars on the skidpan, it is the spectators that bring the atmosphere .... and make it a great day out at bugger all cost. We are also planning on having one or two trophies for spectators cars ...... we will probably trial it for the first event and if it turns out to be a popular idea, we would then consider continuing with it for future events.

BYO chairs and shade cover ...... I will try to get a couple of Marquees, such as the Raine and Horne one we had at our last event.

ALCOHOL and PETS are NOT permitted ........ Roadcrafts Rules, sorry.

ALL entrants must be at the Drivers Briefing at 8.30am on the day of competition (gates open 7.30am).

Pre Entry is a must, details available through our site (will be updated soon).

OK, now the dates;

March 25th Motorkhana

June 10th Motorkhana

September 9th Motorkhana

November 10th & 11th Motorkhana and possibly a car show too ......... am discussing this with another car club to ensure it can run safely.

There is also discussions happening about holding an additional 4 events, I will let you all know once this is confirmed or thrown in the bin ....

I will be submitting and article and photo's with the assistance of a photographer from our local newspaper and a photographer that is in our car club, after each event to Queensland Street Car Magazine. Photo's will range from Cars on the skidpan and cars belonging to spectators, to the people who attend and those that are working ..... no-one is off limits unless you object to having your car or yourself possibly being published. The editor of the magazine reserves the right to make the decision to publish all or any submissions as you would well know.

Got questions, fire away or come visit our site to check for answers.

Cheers
    Daryl.

Forum Member

Entry is NOW open, please email me for an entry form. Licences can be purchased now through our club or on the day, but no application and payment, then no entry. This shits me off guys and girls, but for us to run these events without risking our own personal health, ie doing gaol time and the possibility of loosing our homes if someone messes up and kills another person or injures people would be absolute madness.

We want to keep running our events as close to how we have in past years, however we have had to make some safety changes .... costs have gone through the roof and in actual fact, for us to continue running these events at this venue and make a profit, we would really need to almost double to entry cost ........ this first Motorkhana will remain at the original $25 fee, but there is no guarantee that the following event will not have a prise rise incorporated into it .............. your advice is welcome, so long as you aren't abusing us ... lmao.

We have reached a cross road with this event, we can either keep running it similar to the way we are now, or we can actually turn it into a professionally run event for entry level fun. I am keen to hear what the thoughts and ideas of your members are in regards to this.

Below I have listed the actual form details that we have had to provide to run this event in accordence with our Insurer...... oh the fun of it all .....

Cheers
    Daryl

Rules as per Insurance .....

NAME OF CLUB/ORGANISATION PROMOTING THE EVENT: Cooloola Car Club Inc..

DAY/DATE OF EVENT: ………Sunday………………….. 25../03../2007

EVENT REGULATIONS

1. THE MEETING
    The type of event shall be a

Motorkhana

being held at ………Roadcraft Driver Education Complex……………………………… and conducted under the Australian Auto-Sport Alliance Inc. (AASA), these supplementary regulations and any other regulations or instructions which may be issued. The event will be conducted under Permit No. AASA………………………….

The Organising Committee shall be:

Clerk of Course ………Robert Leavey………………

Meeting Secretary …Daryl Martin…..……………………………………….

Vehicle Scrutineer/Safety Checker …Ryan Tracey……………………………….

Chief Timekeeper (if applicable) …Craig Bourke…………………………..

The Safety Officers of the Meeting will be:

……Daryl Martin………………… ……………Robert Leavey………….
    NAME NAME
    The organizers reserve the right to cancel, abandon or postpone the event in accordance with the AASA NCR’s.

All participants in the activity are required to complete an Indemnity form before taking part in the event.

Minimum age for event participants is 16 years old and then they may only participate with the signed approval of a parent or legal guardian.

2. ENTRY FORMS

The attached entry form must be completed and returned to the Event Secretary ……Daryl Martin……….. at

………PO Box 173 Gympie ……………………………….…………… Postcode…4570…… by the 20./03../2007. (contact me for other options- Daryl Martin)

The entry fee will be $……25.00…..

The event is open to all persons holding the appropriate competition AASA Club Racing Licence or higher or an AASA recognised equivalent standard Licence which must be presented at scrutineering on the day. AASA Club Licences may be purchased for $45.00 on the day of the event
    The organizers reserve the right to refuse any entry or if deemed appropriate, the Clerk of Course may withdraw any entry on the grounds of safety, misconduct or inappropriate behaviour.

3. STRUCTURE OF THE EVENT
    Scrutineering/Safety check of all vehicles participating in the event shall commence at the Scrutineering Bay at ………am. All vehicles must be scrutineered before entering the circuit. All vehicles presented for scrutineering must be in a clean and tidy condition with no loose objects in the vehicle, no oil leaks and in a safe condition ready to compete.

The format of the event shall be –

A compulsory Drivers Briefing will be held in front of the shed at …8.30am.

Structure of on course activities will be as follows:

Four events will be held on the right hand side of the skid pan and four events will be held on the left hand side of the skid pan

These events will be held alternatively, meaning not at the same time as each other. Following the completion of these eight events, there will be 2 events which will utilize both sides of the skid pan. There will only be one vehicle on the skid pan at any one time during competition.

4. TIMING

Timing will be determined by the Chief Timekeeper who will be judge of fact in all matters relating to timing.

5. SAFETY

All drivers will be required to wear a seat belt or safety harness.
    No passengers will be allowed in any vehicle competing on the track.

All vehicles must be fitted with at least two (2) independent fastening systems, of adequate strength and limited extensibility, which simultaneously hold the bonnet or panels closed. Bodily unmodified production cars manufactured after 1 January, 1973, and other cars which are fitted with Front Hinged Bonnets may utilise the original, unmodified manufacturer’s component for closing the bonnet, without the use of a secondary restraint mechanism.

Drivers of all open cars must wear eye protection to AS 1609 - 1981. and/or a helmet complying with the Australian Standard (e.g. AS 1698)

All loose objects must be removed from the vehicle.

A speed limit of 10Kph will apply in the pits, paddock and spectator areas.

Inappropriate behaviour or instances of any of the above may result in exclusion from the event and the Stewards may take further action.

6. NOISE

All vehicles must be fitted with an effective muffler which diminishes the sound of the engines exhaust.

7. ALCOHOL

The consumption of alcoholic liquor in the pits or paddock is forbidden while the day is in progress. Any entrant judged by the Event Director to be affected by alcohol (or having consumed alcoholic liquor before competing on the day of the meeting) shall be excluded forthwith from the event and incur such penalties as deemed appropriate by the Organising Committee.

8. CLASSES OF VEHICLES

The events run over the course of the day will be divided into classes for fairer competition between vehicles.

Classes and details of vehicle eligibility is as follows:

Class A: Ladies

Class B: 4 Cylinder

Class C: 6 Cylinder

Class D: 8 Cylinder

Class E: Front Wheel Drive

Class F: 4 Wheel Drive/ All Wheel Drive

All Cars will be checked to see if they are eligible in a class on the day. Cars will need to comply with classes in the spirit of motorsport for the enjoyment of the day. Cars will be re-classified and placed in the appropriate class at the discretion of Clerk of Course if deemed necessary.

In any case, the organizers may move cars to a more appropriate class depending on lap times to provide for a closer competition.

9. PASSENGERS

Passengers must complete a Passenger Indemnity prior to entering the circuit. Passengers must wear closed leather shoes. A safety belt must be fitted in the vehicle for use by the passenger.

Minimum age for passengers is 16 years old and then they may only ride in a vehicle with the signed approval of a parent or legal guardian.

Vehicles are permitted to travel at 80% of the vehicle or drivers capacity