Thread: Strut differences RT132, and RT142

Senior Citizen Chief Engine Builder "Z" UTE's Avatar

Default Strut differences RT132, and RT142

Hi guys, I have previously used RT132 Corona struts in the now legendary Pug/HiLux brake upgrade.

I am wondering, if there are any major differeces between the RT132, and RT142 struts.

RT132's are getting a little thin on the ground here, but ST141, and RT142's are starting to turn up at the wreckers. So if any one can confirm/deny similarities between the calper mounts, and balljoint mount points, I would be really appreciative.

And I am sorry but my search has not turned up a previous post on this topic.

cheers Chuck.
    Last edited by "Z" UTE; 13-12-2006 at 07:12 PM. Reason: added info required
    "What man can build, man can fix!"
    MS51Crown Coupe,
    GSV40R Aurion luxo tourer. One TA22 currently receiving some TLC prior to paint One RS56 Crown ute under construction, 2 x TA22's awaiting rebuilds. Toyota Crown RS47J ute in need of serious TLC. Toyota Crown Custom Wagon MS53 daily hauler stocko!

Default Re: Strut differences RT132, and RT142

Just want to bump this up, a few lookers, but no replies as yet.

cheers Chuck.
    MS51Crown Coupe,
    GSV40R Aurion luxo tourer. One TA22 currently receiving some TLC prior to paint One RS56 Crown ute under construction, 2 x TA22's awaiting rebuilds. Toyota Crown RS47J ute in need of serious TLC. Toyota Crown Custom Wagon MS53 daily hauler stocko!

Well, after looking through the one open wrecking yard in Canberra, I am able to answer this question.

The Brake caliper mount bolt space is 10mm more on the RT14x.

Additionally the steering arm on the RT14x, is offset to the strut tube centreline, just like the RA60.
    MS51Crown Coupe,

Forum Member 1st year Apprentice

Hey I dont have an answer to your Q but which Wreckers can you walk in here (ACT)? I am after some power steering brackets for my 22RE.
    Cheers

Caesar in Waterloo St QBN, is shut till after Xmas. Great timimng old fella.!!!

Qbn Auto dismantlers near Magnet Mart in Quenbeyan, go to the counter and ask if they have them. Do not just walk into the yard. (Public Liability Insurance issues)

Other than that, and more beneficial to fellow Toymodders, PM me, and I will give you the phone numbers of 2 guys I know who are wrecking RA60/RA65 Celica's.

cheers Chuck
    MS51Crown Coupe,

Car Butcher Carport Converter WDE_BDY's Avatar

Yeah, the RT142 have 100mm caliper spacing and bolt up to R32 Skyline calipers (and various other Nissan calipers, same as RA60, MA61 etc etc). Can't really be used as replacements for the 132 struts as does funny stuff to your geometry and I believe the balljoint/steering arms are different.
    If you look into the MA61, RA60 stuff on the board there are more details in there somewhere.

Callum

If you were to try and use the RA60 in an RA23/TA22, the different offset of the ball joint/steering arm actually pushes the bottom of the strut further in towards the car. So big camber movement, in the WRONG direction.

cheers Chuck.
    MS51Crown Coupe,