Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1G-GZE Parts and Maintenance Info

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia infotechplus's Avatar

Default 1G-GZE Parts and Maintenance Info

I just got the 1G-GZE into the Hilux yesterday and thought it might be a good idea to compile the info I have so far for future reference. Here's what I have managed to record as far as part numbers go, for hardware and routine maintenance:

ECU
    Part No. 89661-22300 [26P] --- [16P] --- [22P]
    Labelled 175000-1752 (12V)

SPARK PLUGS (6 OF)
    ND (NipponDenso) - PK20R-P 8
    NGK - BKR6EP-8
    BOSCH – FR6DPI (Supra Turbo (1989-1996 7M-GTE) 0.8 Gap
    Iridium Power IK20 – BKR6EIX-11

AIR FILTER
    AF0455 (Toyota Cressida MX73 & MX83 (1988 – 1993), MR2 (1987 – 1990) AFO 497)
    RYCO A455

THERMOSTAT
    88 deg. C 96K

OIL FILTER
    MAGMAX MT-7 (Original JDM)
    TOYOTA 90915-20001
    Valvoline V022 (Toyota Vienta 3.0L V6 Nov 1992 – Sep 1995, Tarago TCR10, 11, 20, 21 w/16 Valve EFI, Hilux 22R or 3VZE V6 1993 - 1996

IGNITION
    Igniter Assembly - Toyota 89620-22410
    Denso 131300-1503) 150
    Coil 19080-70020 100297-0330 (12V)

AIR FLOW METER
    NipponDenso 22250-70240
    197100-3610

STARTER MOTOR
    NipponDenso 28100-70020

BELTS
    TIMING BELT - (GX81) - 13568-79035
    ALTERNATOR BELT – 4PK1260
    AIRCONDITIONING - 4PK950
    POWER STEERING – 3PK1275
    SUPERCHARGER - 5PK0940

ALTERNATOR
    IC Regulator built in
    Toyota 27060-42040
    12 V – 100211-6010
    Denso "4025" (stamped)

I couldn't read the part no. off the supercharger belt as it had been wiped through use.

If anyone can supply that, and the timing belt part no. that would be great.

Cheers,
    Peter
    Last edited by infotechplus; 08-01-2007 at 04:04 AM. Reason: Changed power steering belt specs to 3PK

Sheebz Automotive Grease Monkey Gleno28's Avatar

Default Re: 1G-GZE Parts and Maintenance Info

Hey, good work on the listing, makes things heaps easier to find later! I just did up a spread sheet for my bits.

Got the supercharger as : 5PK0940
    Timing Belt as (GX81) : 13568-79035

Let me know if you need any others.

Cheers
    Glen.
    A lone crusader, in a dangerous world of low reputation...
    ST141 Corona, VZN130 4Runner, 4AGE KE70 Pan Van
    18RG RA28
    1GGZE RA28

Quote Originally Posted by Gleno28
    Hey, good work on the listing, makes things heaps easier to find later! I just did up a spread sheet for my bits.

Got the supercharger as : 5PK0940
    Timing Belt as (GX81) : 13568-79035

Let me know if you need any others.

Cheers
    Glen.
    Thanks for that Glen.

Here's some more info:

CLUTCH
    Bellhousing – 1G
    Clutch Fork – 1G
    Flywheel - 1G (240mm contact face - Gen. 3 only)

Clutch Kit
    1.EXEDY TYK-6878 Standard 236mm x 29.8 Spline OD x 21 Teeth
    Includes
    Cover Assembly TYC574,
    Clutch Disc TYD113U and
    Release Bearing BRG2217
    2.EXEDY SPORTS TUFF TYK-6878HD Heavy Duty
    3.Spigot Bearing 6001

Peter

Quote Originally Posted by infotechplus

SPARK PLUGS (6 OF)

NGK - BKR6EP-8
    These are platinum plugs, about $15 each. The regular NGK ones are BKR6E at about $4.00 each.

Iridium Power IK20 – BKR6EIX-11.
    These iridium plugs are about $20 each and are pre-gapped to 1.1mm. I set mine back to 0.8.

THERMOSTAT
    88 deg. C 96K
    I went to Mr. Filter in Girraween (NSW) and purchased ST4-180, which is set to a slightly lower temp at 82 deg. C. These are found in most Toyotas incl. Corollas. Cost about $15.00.

BELTS
    TIMING BELT - 13568-79035
    AIRCONDITIONING - 4PK950
    POWER STEERING – 4PK1275
    SUPERCHARGER - 5PK0940
    Call James at Castle Hill Toyota NSW for discounts on genuine import parts.

4PK1260 and 4PK1275 are not available locally but 4PK1270 is available - about $30.00; 4PK950 about $16.00 and 5PK0940 about $15.00. I sourced all my belts from Supercheap Auto. Ordered them and got them next day.

Check the online Gates catalogue for belts. Bosch also supply.

It pays to do a bit of a shop-around eg. Repco, Supercheap Auto, Toyota Dealers as prices do vary considerably for the same part eg. Gates or Bosch.

Hope this helps ppl,
    Peter

Yay! I'm an Automotive Encyclopaedia Hydra's Avatar

http://www.forcedfedperformance.com....20Japanese.rar

Originally from this post: http://toymods.net/forums/showpost.p...9&postcount=24

(ie. Much thanks to Forcefed6!! Give him some more rep!)

Quote Originally Posted by Hydra
    http://www.forcedfedperformance.com....20Japanese.rar

Originally from this post: http://toymods.net/forums/showpost.p...9&postcount=24

(ie. Much thanks to Forcefed6!! Give him some more rep!)
    Yep. I have those. Thanks.

Peter

Went to Pick 'n' Payless at Blacktown last Friday to search the Toyota section for parts suitable for my 1G-GZE into RN85 Hilux conversion, and thought I might share what I found. It might make the next person's job a little easier.

I grabbed the accelerator cable from an early Lux (forgot to make a note of the plate details but it was pre '88). It's much longer than my RN85 one and should do the job re: extending to the mounting point at the back of the 1G-GZE. Cost $10

[edit] Unfortunately the throttle end of the cable didn't have the right Tee connector so I had to return it and swap it. I noticed a large number of Crowns at the back of the toyota section and seeing the 7M-GE engine made me realise how similar they are to the 1G. So I checked the cables and they were a good fit so I grabbed one of those. Also got some heater hose while I was there. [edit]

There were a couple of MA61s there so I grabbed the Y-pipe off one (complete with near new seals ). I'll sandblast it to remove the rust and paint it before handing it to Bruce at Charlestone Exhaust to complete the system. Cost $25

[edit] The Y-pipe doesn't quite bolt up to the 1G exhaust manifold. It has interference in two places - further up and at the collector. Grinding it down made some difference but not enough to be a bolt-on. So it looks like I'll have to cut off the flange and have Bruce start from scratch copying but slightly modifying the Y-pipe to clear the obstructions. [edit]

Went to the Corona section and grabbed several radiator and heater hoses. I needed a U-shaped one for the connection between the firewall and the left hand engine connection (RHS as you look at the engine bay). Found one that fitted after a bit of trimming for length.

I also needed a hose that went around the power steering reservoir from the top radiator outlet to the thermostat housing. I found one in an early model Corona. Only minor trimming required.

[edit] I went to Supercheap Auto and bought a horseshoe shaped water hose meant for a Holden Camira, trimmed it a little, cut a small section of aluminium pipe and joined my original hose with the Camira one, and this gave me a clean lower radiator hose.

I should also mention I am using a radiator from a Nissan CA18. It has the advantage of being wide but ultra slim, and having both outlet and inlets on the driver's side. I returned the 12" Thermo Fan to Supercheap and swapped it for a 10". A much better fit. [edit]

I ended up with about 10 hoses of varying length and shape. Cost $10.

One of the issues with fitting the 1G-GZE into the Hilux is the positioning of the washer bottle (originally on the RHS) and the coolant bottle (originally on the LHS). This is because the battery needs to be relocated from the RHS to the LHS, to allow the airbox to be fitted. I grabbed a small coolant bottle that will fit nicely tucked in the RHS corner. I'm pretty sure it was an early model Corona or Celica. (When I post the pix someone will be able to identify it). Cost $5.

To do this I shortened the intake piping by removing the resonator box and fitting a pod filter so both fit okay.

I also grabbed what looked like a brand new pair of KYB EXCEL-G front shocks from that same early model Lux. I couldn't resist these at $20 ea.

I found that the steering box was still touching the AC unit so I made up another 5mm spacer but this was too much, so I went to a smaller 2mm spacer. Haven't fitted it yet but it hopefully will fix this annoying problem. I think every Lux is different in this respect so its trial-and-error when doing this.

I will post pix of all thise stuff ASAP

Cheers,

Peter
    Last edited by infotechplus; 19-12-2006 at 05:28 AM.

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice Bullfrog's Avatar

Infotech,

Thats wicked mate well done my project has stoped as work is taking all my spare time so car will have to wait. But you seem to be cruizing along nicely cant wait some pics.
    Hilux RN110

1G-GZE Gen 3 Conversion currently underway

One of the issues with fitting the 1G-GZE into the Hilux is the positioning of the washer bottle (originally on the RHS) and the coolant bottle (originally on the LHS). This is because the battery needs to be relocated from the RHS to the LHS, to allow the airbox to be fitted. I grabbed a small coolant bottle that will fit nicely tucked in the RHS corner. I'm pretty sure it was an early model Corona or Celica. (When I post the pix someone will be able to identify it). Cost $5.
    Shortening the inlet pipe has allowed me to retain the original positioning for the windscreen washer bottle, and the coolant reservoir. I've made a template from cardboard for the battery base which will be moved to the passenger side of the engine bay. I'll make this up today in either aluminium or possibly stainless steel.

I found that the steering box was still touching the AC unit so I made up another 5mm spacer but this was too much, so I went to a smaller 2mm spacer. Haven't fitted it yet but it hopefully will fix this annoying problem. I think every Lux is different in this respect so its trial-and-error when doing this.
    I fitted the 2mm spacer on the weekend and it has given just enough clearance from the steering without affecting the tilt of the engine too much. 5mm was definitely too much.

Also made some brackets for the radiator top mounts.

All that's left to do is fit up the fuel lines, modify the front sump and put the battery in place, and then it can be wired up. Hopefully I can get this project on the road over the New Year period, although there's some work to do inside, with the new gauges (oil temp & pressure, water temp, volts, vacuum, and tacho.

Peter

Sheebz Automotive Grease Monkey Gleno28's Avatar

Hey, sounds good!

If you're stuck for lower exhaust sections, I grabbed a 5MGE two into one, worked a treat on the celica, don't know of fit into hilux though

Glen.
    A lone crusader, in a dangerous world of low reputation...
    ST141 Corona, VZN130 4Runner, 4AGE KE70 Pan Van
    18RG RA28
    1GGZE RA28

Quote Originally Posted by Gleno28
    Hey, sounds good!

If you're stuck for lower exhaust sections, I grabbed a 5MGE two into one, worked a treat on the celica, don't know of fit into hilux though

Glen.
    Yeah, I got the 5M-GE Y-pipe. I thought I could modify it with a few whacks of a heavy hammer but after some thought, I settled for letting an expert do it.

Tonight I got some more hoses fitted, worked out how much fuel hose I'll need to connect that up, checked the fit of my battery plate (I ended up making it out of 6mm hard plastic) and measured up/cut out the front of the sump pan to clear the front bar.

Peter

Here are some photos of the job so far:

This is the 1GGZE in the Hilux

I mounted the 10" thermo fan from Supercheap Auto on the CA18 radiator with ample clearance to the front of the 1G:

The CA18 radiator is a beauty for this conversion - its ultra slim and has the advantage of having both upper and lower outlets on the driver's side. I've made some angled brackets to hold the top mounts:

The battery is being shifted to the opposite side (passenger side). So I got these neoprene spacers to level the battery tray (plate) that I cut from 6mm hard plastic:

The tray sits firmly on top of the spacers and will be secured by bolts:

Finally, the sump has to be modified to clear the front steering bar. This is fairly precise as you have to allow for the oil pickup inside the sump not hitting the new plate that must be welded in:

Cheers,

Peter
    Almost there

[edit] I should also mention that I gave the engine bay a new coat of Toyota Blue (an old mid 80s colour) whilst I had everything out, and will finish the rest of the Hilux in the same colour when its up and running again.

Not a patch on a Backyard Mechanic

I found a 5M-E Y-pipe was a perfect fit on my 1GGZE exhaust manifold, no mods required.
    Cheers,
    Mitch.
    RA23
    1G-GZE

Junior Member 1st year Apprentice Bullfrog's Avatar

BELTS
    TIMING BELT -
    AIRCONDITIONING - 4PK950
    POWER STEERING – 4PK1275
    SUPERCHARGER - 5PK0940

Is that supposed to be a 3PK1275 power steering belt as mine is only a 3 rib and as it is not listed in aus anyway (3PK1275 ) so a 4PK1270 will have to be cut from a 4 rib to a 3 rib to suit , am i right in saying this ?

Also anybody elso got any more part numbers out there i would like to get a gasket set i found this number on a site but not sure if it is correct
    OEM 04111-70032.

The IS 200 Waterpump Is W 7060 PowerMax about 90 buck retail apparently it fits with a slight modifcation, and as the previous post says

http://www.toymods.net/forums/showth...ighlight=1g-fe

does that mean that some other 1g-fe bottom end parts can be used sump gaskets and crank seals.

And maybe just Maybe the flywheel ?????
    "Yes i am still trying to find a Gen 3 flywheel."
    Hilux RN110

1G-GZE Gen 3 Conversion currently underway

Quote Originally Posted by Bullfrog
    Is that supposed to be a 3PK1275 power steering belt as mine is only a 3 rib and as it is not listed in aus anyway (3PK1275 ) so a 4PK1270 will have to be cut from a 4 rib to a 3 rib to suit , am i right in saying this ?
    Just checked the belts and you are right Adam, it should be 3PK

I'll have to send mine back for a swap. Thanks for that.

Cheers,
    Peter
    OMG - Winner of the Official "Forum Comment of the Week"!