Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Toyota Nationals 2007 6th-9th April

The Evil Director Backyard Mechanic jfallen's Avatar

Default Re: Toyota Nationals 2007 6th-9th April

THe boys from Toyotacarclub.net in SA will be there again, but unfortunatly the bumble-B RA28 that made the trek last year has been retired. word is a few people from Perth may be comming also.

See you all over easter.
    Jordan
    Past rides: 86 Hilux, 3x ke55 rollas's (2coupes,) 5th Gen GT4 x2, RA28, TA22 x3, KE10, P610 datto, RT40 corona x3, RT132, MX13

Currrent: , CA-A22 Celica living life as a Sports Sedan, 2000model ST215W Caldina GT-T manual, RT40 corona.

The Aberrational Chief Engine Builder Andrew162's Avatar

hey all, I finally might be able to make this event! tried back in '04 but teh RAV wasn't roadworthy then, and had left it for a couple of years in the hope of being able to make it sometime. I'll be attending in teh 162 hopefully with a new front bar, but I don't think I'll be 1/8th-miling it. poor old engine smells like it's on it's last legs.

I'll have to get onto the Matilda ASAP and organise a room... anyone have any space left out the back that they wanna split funds with? conversely, anyone wanna share a room out the front if the back rooms are taken?

man, why didn't I see this thread before.
    Clicky -> THEN: 1999 RAV4/GT-Four Hybrid
    Clicky -> NOW: 1985 ST162 Celica SX (Gen III 3S-GE) - Kitted & Resprayed

TRIKKE | Video

Junior Member Grease Monkey

Ok, well I guess I should give a few more details as the event is getting ever closer. Here's the basic plan:

Friday Night: Chow down at the Matilda for those who want it. Selection of pizza and a drink. Expected cost between $5 and $8.

Saturday Morning: Show and Shine at Ollie Robbins Oval. HEAPS of room and close to the town centre. Expected cost between $10 and $15.

Saturday Afternoon: Free time.

Sunday: Drags as usual. This year we are scrapping the dial-in times and running grudge racing instead. We didn't think last years format provided value for money as most people didn't get enough runs. Hopefully this years format will encourage more stock cars to compete as they can run their mates and other similar powered Toyota's. We will possibly have 2 categories; NA and Forced Induction but I'm open to other suggestions. At the end of the day we'll still have a shootout in each category. Cost still to be confirmed with DCCC but hoping to be the same as last year; $70 per car.

Sunday Evening: Dinner at the West Dubbo Bowling Club located a short distance from the Matilda and the meals will be under $25.

Security: After last years antics at the hotel (fire crackers in the walk-though, fire extinguisher let off, lights and security system switched off and damage to the electric gate) the owner has asked that we consider security for Saturday and possibly also Sunday night. We do not want to dampen people’s fun but we cannot afford to have any behaviour that gives the Nationals a bad rep or results in damage to property. This will be further discussed at a committee meeting on Sunday and decision reached as how to best prevent similar things occurring this year.

We are still a week or so away from releasing the entry forms. I’ll post as soon as they are available. The above event info will also be added to the website in the next few days.

Cheers!

Experience shows I'm no Chief Engine Builder Roundy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grant
    Sunday Evening: Dinner at the West Dubbo Bowling Club located a short distance from the Matilda and the meals will be under $25.
    i don't know what you term as short...but i wouldn't walk it!

looking forward to it again...i love how all this comes to me...normally i have to go somewhere for anything toyota
    "If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?"
    My ST185 with 278awkw (2.2L is running...)
    1:08.08s @ Wakefield 1:37.29s @ Winton
    27.90s @ Esses Hillclimb

Junior Member Too Much Toyota

Grant: given that there's racing at Bathurst that weekend, any chance of setting up a TV/projector in the courtyard area on the saturday afternoon/evening (assuming the racing is being covered live-to-air on cable) to show some action/entertainment?
    ------------------------------
    ST185 road barge / MZ11 forest barge / RA65 garage barge

Junior Member Grease Monkey

That's sounds like a plan Chuck. I'll see what can be arranged and what the budget will stretch to.

Junior Member Too Much Toyota RONA's Avatar

That's sounds like a plan Chuck. I'll see what can be arranged and what the budget will stretch to.
    Witzl can knock up a project with a paper clip and some elastic bands don't worry
    If in doubt power out

MR 18RG Chief Engine Builder The Witzl's Avatar

I still have my uber projector.... still havent sorted out the cooling on it tho - im sure a pedestal fan will fix that!

someone just bring a massive white sheet
    ...... butt scratcher?!

Junior Member Too Much Toyota

a plan so cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a weasel?

(apologies to blackadder)

let me know if you would like some financial assistance towards such a thing.

However, i'd make sure Bathurst is getting live coverage before undertaking such an adventure in ghetto projection systems.

Also, when i rang up this afternoon to book my room, the Matilda office person advised that out the back there were only larger rooms left - i'm in one of the smaller rooms in the hallway near to the office (so the first person to let off a fire extinguisher or firecracker gets it rammed up their arse still lit/on). There would still be rooms out the front as well.

Also 2, Cliff Hansen's bringing down his RA28 - is already back together and running. And Simon has a show pony ready to roll once the engine gets a new timing chain and W2A intercooler installed.
    Last edited by thechuckster; 02-02-2007 at 06:15 PM.
    ------------------------------
    ST185 road barge / MZ11 forest barge / RA65 garage barge

Junior Member Automotive Encyclopaedia Alchemist's Avatar

Grant, if you have the details send them to me and I can update the website

Security wise, after last years antics I'm not surprised it's been suggested, but to the level that they try to Police things is what worries me.....but maybe it's neccesary....

Also, one suggestion Grant, last years DCCC licence fee was paid on the rego forms, but on the day some of us still got charged, is there any way to get who's paid for what to the DCCC guys at that cabin on the way in so we don't have to pay out some extra $$$.

Toymods Board Member Domestic Engineer Kirsty2520's Avatar

I must admit it is kind of depressing that we have to go the lenths of Security guards.
    I was hoping to hear that the low lifes owned up and were not invited this year actully. But anyway.
    RIP Nathan Dean. You Will be Missed.
    Life is like Chocolate..... without the bitter, the sweet means nothing.
    Fact of life...After Monday & Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F !!
    Never allow someone to be your priority while you are just their option

Junior Member Grease Monkey Gypsy23's Avatar

," but to the level that they try to Police things is what worries me.....but maybe it's neccesary."...

Firstly, the hotel owner "asked us to consider" we may like to hire security after last years antics(not that I'm going to go on about it) Unfortunately those people have not owned up to it and so will probably be there again this year: mad: , I agree with you Kirsty, uninviting them would be a good idea.
    Security will be there to also act as a deterrant to anyone who thinks that our cars are easy pickings, it will be school holidays so a lot more wayward kids/adults will be cruising around, anyone who might be considering ANY sort of malicious damage to hotel property, or anyones personal property might rethink their actions. Also you have to consider that up until now we have enjoyed relatively drama free events, so why push it, prevention is always much better than a cure.
    Security will not be there to act as fun police, we've always partied til the wee hours, hung around in the hotel carpark talking, checking out each others cars etc etc so that is not going to change, after all thats what Dubbo is about, the people you meet and the socializing.
    Looking forward to seeing you all again, and reading Rivers account of the weekend afterwards. In the meantime drive safe. Cheers Danae
    Last edited by Gypsy23; 03-02-2007 at 11:21 AM. Reason: more info

Rivers account from last year was gold, all fair points Gypsy, it just sucks that it's always the minority

The last thing we want to do is really piss off the owners of the Hotel, they've been great to us for years!

Junior Member Domestic Engineer Sprinterboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Witzl
    I still have my uber projector.... still havent sorted out the cooling on it tho - im sure a pedestal fan will fix that!

someone just bring a massive white sheet
    I have a projector and a big white sheet 2m x 2m, Can bring them along if needed

wont be sure if i can make it till early March, somebody wanna share a room???
    AE86 Sprinter - The SC14 Beast (slowly rusting somewhere in the mountains)

My YouTube Channel - Watch and Listen to an Aussie rant as I drive around Washington DC
    SprinterBoyAus on YouTube
    SprinterBoyAus on Facebook