Hi Guys,

Invite to a cruise from the SilviaWA guys. One of their members has terminal cancer, and SilviaWA is holding an open fundraising cruise. Cruise details at bottom of post.

[QUOTE]
To follow up the fund raising efforts on our last monthly cruise

This is the letter I received from Heather Lee explaining everything.

To Whom It May Concern:

Our second eldest son Adrian had been diagnosed with Terminal Cancer at the start of this year. Adrian turned 19 in December 2005, by the 19th January 2006, we were told he has Metastatic Adencarcinoma (lung cancer), which is a very rare type of cancer, especially for someone so young, and who has never smoked.

We have had 3 lots of chemo treatment but to no avail. We went on a trial drug called Tarceva this also did not help. Now Adrian has gone into Palliative Care, as both of his oncologists we were seeing are unable to do anything else for him. Therefore the Palliative Care doctors are trying to make Adrian as well as can be expected so he can try and enjoy what time he has.

We never actual told Adrian that he would only have short time to live as we didn’t what him to give up hope and to stop fighting for his right to live. While he was on his treatment there was always hope that this one may help. However Adrian is now in Palliative Care. Therefore Adrian also is aware now, that he only has months to live not years. This was the hardest day of my life to see my son trying to deal with that type of information at 19yrs old.

Adrian had his whole life ahead of him he was in his third year as an apprentice chief, just brought his first car and enjoying what time was free with his mates and family. I think that not been able to find any doctors here or overseas to help Adrian is very hard to deal with. However I think some days Adrian handles it better than Neville and I and the rest of his family, which consist of an older & younger brother and a younger sister, which all still live at home. He also has an older sister & a brother in law and a 1 year old niece, but they live in there own home.

Well as a family you could only image how hard this is to deal with. We want Adrian to try and live each day to the fullest. This is not always easy. I have had to give up work to become Adrian career. He want’s to stay at home not in the Palliative unit as the next closet patient to Adrian is about 50 years. Therefore we have doctors and a nurse that come to the home to check up on Adrian, and receive his medication for pain; they have been just great with him.

Hence the reason for this letter, we basically are asking for donations, you know pass the hat around or make personal or company donations, so as we can raise enough funds to take Adrian to Disney Land, and visit as much of the state’s we can. This is his Adrian’s last wish.

We would appreciate any help we can get or any ideas to help to get our son to the states. Due to Adrian time frame we need to do this ASAP so we hoping to do this by Christmas.

All donations can be made either by direct debit into Adrian’s account which has been set up in regards for Adrian’s pension. Adrian is unable to access these funds without my knowledge as all withdrawals have to be noted allowing the account to be audited if required. Therefore we would like to thank you for helping raising the funds to help send our son Adrian and myself to Disneyland/States.

Banking Details

BSB NO: 036 078
ACCOUNT NO: 236050
WESTPAC BANK
ATF ADRIAN LEE

All cheques can be made payable to
Adrian Lee
C/- Heather Lee/Mullane
Po Box 285
THORNLIE WA 6988

As a major effort to raise more much needed funds Silviawa is holding a open cruise starting from City West 7pm and a small presentation will happen before departing at 8pm Saturday evening to commence the cruise.

Silvia WA council members will be walking around with cash tins and hats to collect donations in exchange for maps.

Please join us in helping Adrian live life to the fullest.

Thank you all once again for your support.

Paul
Silvia Wa Joint Events Co-ordinator